Someone translate for me! If y'all are getting full sets, then I'm super jealous. Wish I could go then... I mean, South America will get rarities then. Jealous. :supersad:

The article says that Chile will get a 90 min gig! It says : "An individual show and much more relevant than just a supporting act" :)

They need to do this in Brazil too!! I'm going to 3 gigs :D

And it was hard to get tickets to all 3 because U2 brazilian fans are crazy and the gigs sold out too fast :eek:

The article says that Chile will get a 90 min gig! It says : "An individual show and much more relevant than just a supporting act" :)

They need to do this in Brazil too!! I'm going to 3 gigs :D

And it was hard to get tickets to all 3 because U2 brazilian fans are crazy and the gigs sold out too fast :eek:

Awesome. Does that mean U2 will shorten their set to keep the overall length of the show the same, or they're playing the same amount and Muse is just getting extra stage time? Regret not buying tickets now but happy for you. 90 minutes should be enough for a festival-like set.

Awesome. Does that mean U2 will shorten their set to keep the overall length of the show the same, or they're playing the same amount and Muse is just getting extra stage time? Regret not buying tickets now but happy for you. 90 minutes should be enough for a festival-like set.

I think they'll get extra stage time!

I'm sad I'll not be able to get the barrier :supersad: U2 fans are talking to start queuing some days before the gig!

If you guys are coming for Lollapalooza, forget about the hotel, I can help you guys out :p

I can try to translate the La Tercera article:

It happened to Franz Ferdinand in 2006. There were a lot of people that didn't "stand" U2 only for seeing the supporting act and there were campaings on the internet and signatures collecting for fans so the scottish could do another show besides the one with the irish.

The Take Me Out singers ended up singing in the Festival de Viña del Mar, but this time is hard for the english to play in the Quinta Vergara Arena.

Comfirmed as the U2's guest band in the concerts in Brasil, Argentina and Chile (this one set up for March 25 and over 50 thousand tickets already sold, the producer says), the three musicians who are among the most popular british band nowadays won't add another date in their own, instead they will have an uncommon setlist.

Francisco Goñi, Time 4 Fun director, says that "it will be and individual show and a lot more relevant that a simple supporting act". The fact is that Muse would have 90 minutes to display in the Ñuñoa Stadium a show of "Greatest Hits" and, even though the 360º configuration won't allow them to set up in Santiago their ambitious stage seen in The Resistance Tour, the band will do have "a relevant space" in the night.

And the rest is only bla-bla-blah. SAY THANKS YOU BASTARDS!!! :LOL:And sorry for the mistakes. My intention is not being pessimist but, La Tercera also said a few months ago that some of the Maquinaria's Festival (October 2010) perfomances would be totally unique and have an unpublished setlist....both lies.

I seriously don't think they'll play 90 minutes.. the gig starts at 7:30, Muse will play at 8 until.. 9:30? and then U2? Nope... sorry, but is not gonna happen.. and

"uncommon setlist" yeah... lets be hones, I'll love it... but they'll want to show their latest work.. TR... plus PiB and KoC I'm sure.. Starlight maybe.. no.. no.

I won't put my hopes THAT high.

I seriously don't think they'll play 90 minutes.. the gig starts at 7:30, Muse will play at 8 until.. 9:30? and then U2? Nope... sorry, but is not gonna happen.. and

"uncommon setlist" yeah... lets be hones, I'll love it... but they'll want to show their latest work.. TR... plus PiB and KoC I'm sure.. Starlight maybe.. no.. no.

I don't care about the setlist, I never seen them live, so the "normal" setlist will be great for me! of course if they play some rarities I will not complain :D

and about the time they'll play, T4F is announcing Muse as a "Special Guest" and not a "Supporting band", I don't know if this make any diference, I'm just hoping a few more songs than just 8 :supersad:

I don't care about the setlist, I never seen them live, so the "normal" setlist will be great for me! of course if they play some rarities I will not complain :D

and about the time they'll play, T4F is announcing Muse as a "Special Guest" and not a "Supporting band", I don't know if this make any diference, I'm just hoping a few more songs than just 8 :supersad:

they always announce the opening bands as "special guests", in Argentina, at least ;)

In 90 minutes you gonna get a 14-16 song festival set which will almost certainly include;

Uprising,

SMBH,

Feeling Good,

Hysteria,

TIRO,

Starlight,

PIB,

KoC.

And then the following have a rather high chance:

USOE,

Resistance,

SS,

UD.

And then theres a chance of one or a couple of the following if your lucky:

New Born,

MoTP,

MK Ultra.

Unless they completely rethink their whole setlist structure, or make 2011 just like 2008 and bring back a load of old songs for no apparant reason, then it's not going to differ much from TR tour sets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived