• 9 months later...

Are these reputable sources? I'm not familiar with them. I'd think that Muse would prefer not to go back to the humbling experience of opening for anybody -- even U2 -- following the worldwide headlining tour they will have completed by the time the U2 gigs come around. But I don't see why it couldn't happen.

Are these reputable sources? I'm not familiar with them. I'd think that Muse would prefer not to go back to the humbling experience of opening for anybody -- even U2 -- following the worldwide headlining tour they will have completed by the time the U2 gigs come around. But I don't see why it couldn't happen.

They weren't right first time. :LOL:

They weren't right first time. :LOL:

The OP probably meant April 2011, not April 2010. U2 is in fact touring South America next spring, so it's interesting that all of these rumors are popping up. There's also this Brazilian news source from the other thread that also says Muse will be opening for U2: http://u2br.virgula.uol.com.br/portal/rumor-t4f-chilena-confirma-datas-sul-americanas

I just wish I knew whether these sources were generally reliable with their news.

I agree. I mean, Muse has already toured this part of the world on their own so they know there are enough fans to have their shows and not be the opening act for anyone.

I'd love to see both bands come to Argentina next year. But presenting their full shows separately.

Yes, I want Muse in South America again. Not this way, though.

The OP probably meant April 2011, not April 2010. U2 is in fact touring South America next spring, so it's interesting that all of these rumors are popping up. There's also this Brazilian news source from the other thread that also says Muse will be opening for U2: http://u2br.virgula.uol.com.br/portal/rumor-t4f-chilena-confirma-datas-sul-americanas

I just wish I knew whether these sources were generally reliable with their news.

Look at the date of the original post.

Look at the date of the original post.

I saw that. Like I said, he probably jumbled the dates. U2 wasn't even touring in the first half of 2010, and Muse was booked for North America at the time. But U2's pretty much confirmed for a tour down here around March-April 2011. Here's another source, though there's no mention of Muse: http://www.rollingstone.com.ar/1304571

If Muse is somehow close to play in Argentina at least, radios like Rock & Pop (95.9) would say something, since is a Rock radio exclusively.

Those "terra blogs" are not reliable, at all...

and IMO i don't think Muse would open for U2 again, they don't need it... like hikaru_bloom said, they had their own shows before and it was great. People down there who's into rock music knows who Muse is...

I believe too, that they will play in Argentina (if they do tour southamerica in 2011) they'll play around June/July again, cause after that they'll focus on their new album.

dont be surprised if they do.

Here is a U2 source talking about it.. granted its still in the rumor column..

Rumor: U2 & Muse in South America Next Year

Posted: September 24, 2010

By: m2 / @mattmcgee

According to the fan site U2Chile.net, U2 and Muse will play a series

of concerts in South America together next year. There are six dates

rumored, two each in Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. Muse would be the

opening band, just as they were for some of the U2 360 shows in North

America in 2009. Here's the rumored list for 2011 from U2Chile.net:

March 25 & 26, 2011: Santiago, Chile

March 31 & April 1, 2011: Buenos Aires, Argentina

April 7 & 8, 2011: Sao Paolo, Brazil

Keep in mind that this isn't official. There's been nothing confirmed

by U2 or Live Nation.

@U2

http://www.atu2.com

That sounds right. There have been long term rumours about Muse playing SA for a while now. Likely to happen.

They'd be crazy to suddenly ignore it unlike the BHAR tour!

Anyways chris said theyd tour a bit into 2011, but i could only see them do their own shows again, not a 6/7 months wait to end the tour :/

I really hope that they don't come supporting U2, tickets for U2 are too expensive, sold out too fast and muse will play about 8 songs only. They need to come with a full show :(

... and I bet I could tell you what those eight songs would be. :( Unlike when they last headlined in South America and they regularly played Dead Star, Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Sunburn and Fury! :eek: U2 tickets are ridiculously priced. I wanted to get general admission tickets to an upcoming U.S. show for a friend's birthday, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the ~$300 price tag per ticket -- straight from Ticketmaster too! Honestly, no matter how big Muse gets in 15-20 years, I would never pay that much to see them (not accounting for inflation)... :noey:

i seriously hope this isnt true.

or that the real thing is that indeed both u2 and muse are going to be in south america the next year but separatedly and somehow, because muse supported u2 in the past, the rumour turned into one band supporting the other.

other than doing u2 a favour, i see nothing that could possibly justify this.

Archived