I know they charge that much for some of the premium seats, but the standing GA tickets are supposed to all be well under $100, that's odd.

Oh, I did see some under-$100 tickets listed but I'm not sure if they were GA, and they were sold out. Anyway, I really hope U2 doesn't even have that upper-end price range for shows in South America, that'd be absurd. Cool, off-topic story: I'm seeing RATM in a few weeks in Buenos Aires and Tom Morello recently tweeted that they got rid of the "VIP" section up front which cost 50%-plus more than the regular GA tickets and really had no business at a Rage show to begin with. :chuckle: Good thing I bought the regular tix...

Well it really isn't supporting anymore. It would be the two biggest stadium bands of today playing a double gig...But that's just weird. If I was Muse, I wouldn't wanna have anything in common with U2 anymore.

At this stage it would be more a double show than a Muse supporting U2. I'm not sure it'd work like that but it probably should, seeing as Muse want to become the next U2 and all.

Well it really isn't supporting anymore. It would be the two biggest stadium bands of today playing a double gig...But that's just weird. If I was Muse, I wouldn't wanna have anything in common with U2 anymore.
of course it is supporting. we are talking about set length, stages, price of tickets, where the tickets are actually sold and how many... it isnt a 'double gig' by any means.

i would consider travelling to see muse in south america; i wouldnt consider doing it to pay an outrageous amount of money for a ticket and where the band im actually there to see is only on stage for half an hour and not even with the best conditions.

I hope they go do a few of their own dates in South America for the fans.
yeah, unless they do this.

I know they charge that much for some of the premium seats, but the standing GA tickets are supposed to all be well under $100, that's odd.

but with the devaluation of peso, in argentina at least, prices are always high...

cause even though if you put it in dollars, yeah..they might be under $100, but living there, you dont get paid in dollars, so there's no difference for the people living there. Is like if you had to pay 300 dollars for a concert like that one when your monthly check is about 2000, it makes a difference...a huge one.

Oh, I did see some under-$100 tickets listed but I'm not sure if they were GA, and they were sold out. Anyway, I really hope U2 doesn't even have that upper-end price range for shows in South America, that'd be absurd. Cool, off-topic story: I'm seeing RATM in a few weeks in Buenos Aires and Tom Morello recently tweeted that they got rid of the "VIP" section up front which cost 50%-plus more than the regular GA tickets and really had no business at a Rage show to begin with. :chuckle: Good thing I bought the regular tix...

Thats cool, i hate those VIP that they always put for things like pepsi music or quilmes rock...they are extremely overpriced... and if you get GA, what still is expensive, you are still far, thanks to VIP :shifty:

... and I bet I could tell you what those eight songs would be. :( Unlike when they last headlined in South America and they regularly played Dead Star, Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Sunburn and Fury! :eek: U2 tickets are ridiculously priced. I wanted to get general admission tickets to an upcoming U.S. show for a friend's birthday, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the ~$300 price tag per ticket -- straight from Ticketmaster too! Honestly, no matter how big Muse gets in 15-20 years, I would never pay that much to see them (not accounting for inflation)... :noey:

yeah, and I couldn't see them in 2008, so I want a full show in my first gig :(

i seriously hope this isnt true.

or that the real thing is that indeed both u2 and muse are going to be in south america the next year but separatedly and somehow, because muse supported u2 in the past, the rumour turned into one band supporting the other.

other than doing u2 a favour, i see nothing that could possibly justify this.

I hope this is the case :yesey: or like Niall said, more a double show than Muse supporting U2.

I hope they go do a few of their own dates in South America for the fans. I know lot's of them have been campaigning for Muse to come back since TR came out and it would be a pity if the only oppurtunity they got to see them was at another band's show.

I hope so! :)

Rumours are that tickets for U2 are going on sale next month, so we should know if is true soon

"Respecto a la información de Muse, como telonero de U2, nuestras fuentes en Brasil, nos informan que está 100% cerrado y que los planes de la banda de venir a Chile el 2010, fueron pospuestos para acompañar a U2 el 2011." Source: http://www.humonegro.com/noticias/muse-vendra-a-chile-como-telonero-de-u2/

Rough translation:

"Regarding the information about Muse as U2's opener, our sources in Brazil tell us that it is 100% closed and that the band's plans to come to Chile in 2010 were postponed so that they could accompany U2 in 2011."

Again, I have no clue as to this source's reliability, but where there's smoke there's fire. :(

Rumours here in Brazil are saying that they will confirm the dates in October 13 and they'll start selling the tickets in October 18.

Tickets in Mexico sold out in 30 minutes, we need to be really fast to get one if Muse confirm that they will support :(

http://u2br.virgula.uol.com.br/portal/rumor-datas-de-pre-venda-e-anuncio-para-os-shows-na-america-do-sul

Rumours here in Brazil are saying that they will confirm the dates in October 13 and they'll start selling the tickets in October 18.

Tickets in Mexico sold out in 30 minutes, we need to be really fast to get one if Muse confirm that they will support :(

http://u2br.virgula.uol.com.br/portal/rumor-datas-de-pre-venda-e-anuncio-para-os-shows-na-america-do-sul

R$300,00 e R$400,00 per ticket??? That's outrageous! :mad: Way more expensive than what I paid to see Muse open for U2 last year. U2 really didn't do much for me (I enjoy them on record but that's it) so I left mid-way through their set, but I thought it was worth it because the ticket price wasn't THAT bad. I'd feel terrible though for hardcore Muse fans in South America if they had to pay that much to see Muse play a 30-minute set -- and the truth is they probably would cough up the money if Muse doesn't plan on touring on their own.

R$300,00 e R$400,00 per ticket??? That's outrageous! :mad: Way more expensive than what I paid to see Muse open for U2 last year. U2 really didn't do much for me (I enjoy them on record but that's it) so I left mid-way through their set, but I thought it was worth it because the ticket price wasn't THAT bad. I'd feel terrible though for hardcore Muse fans in South America if they had to pay that much to see Muse play a 30-minute set -- and the truth is they probably would cough up the money if Muse doesn't plan on touring on their own.

yeah, tickets are always overpriced here! I had to pay R$300,00 to see coldplay this year :eek:

I really hope Muse do a solo gig but I doubt they will :(

I'll try to get tickets to see them supporting U2 (if the rumours are true) because It's probably the only chance we will have to see them here on this tour

I could see the band opening for U2.

It wouldn't be a question of them "opening"...in as much as it would be a double bill. It would give the band more exposure to a larger South American audience.

It also would save them a fortune financially.

If they play with U2...it'll be on the U2 stage, which they won't have to pay to set up, tear down and transport from venue to venue.

It costs U2 $750,000 a day to keep their tour running due to the sheer size of it. That's an expense that Muse won't have to incur. They probably will just have to pay to have their instruments transported from venue to venue and lodging for their sound and tech crew.

U2 obviously would need to give them more stage time though...not the 45 minutes most openers get. Anything less than 60 minutes in my opinion just wouldn't be worth the band's time and trouble in my opinion.

It wouldn't be a question of them "opening"...in as much as it would be a double bill. It would give the band more exposure to a larger South American audience.

If they play with U2...it'll be on the U2 stage, which they won't have to pay to set up, tear down and transport from venue to venue.

It costs U2 $750,000 a day to keep their tour running due to the sheer size of it. That's an expense that Muse won't have to incur. They probably will just have to pay to have their instruments transported from venue to venue and lodging for their sound and tech crew.

U2 obviously would need to give them more stage time though...not the 45 minutes most openers get. Anything less than 60 minutes in my opinion just wouldn't be worth the band's time and trouble in my opinion.

Believe it or not, Muse is already super popular in South America and I believe they are way beyond the "let's try to build a stronger following" stage here. In 2008 they did their own tour around the continent plus Mexico that was very successful. And all the rumors coming out so far have identified Muse as the "support act". If it was a double-bill, it would say so, for example I'm seeing RATM + QOTSA double-bill next week and it was specifically advertised as such. If Muse is opening, I'm afraid they'll be getting 30-45 minutes like they did when they opened for U2 in the U.S. last year.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

2 people just asked to Dom and Chris via twitter if is true that they will go down so Chile and Brazil next year to support U2,

and they saythat it is possible and that they are thinking about it :fear:

*goes to request flight back home*

I heard about that twitter thing. They said that if they do Brazil, they'll do Argentina and Chile too. Now, if they do open for U2, I'm absolutely sure they'll do a show on their own. I mean, how wouldn't they? First time they came to Buenos Aires, they started with one gig and had to add one more. Not to mention the whole Twilight hype (which is sad), that got them new audience. So, yeah, they are sort of popular here now. Even my dad knows who they are :LOL:. When 2 years ago, when I went to see them, he would go "who? :stunned:"

So, I'm really confident that they will perform on their own. :D

I heard about that twitter thing. They said that if they do Brazil, they'll do Argentina and Chile too. Now, if they do open for U2, I'm absolutely sure they'll do a show on their own. I mean, how wouldn't they? First time they came to Buenos Aires, they started with one gig and had to add one more. Not to mention the whole Twilight hype (which is sad), that got them new audience. So, yeah, they are sort of popular here now. Even my dad knows who they are :LOL:. When 2 years ago, when I went to see them, he would go "who? :stunned:"

yeah... well, people knew Muse before twilight in Argentina, from what i can remember.

a lot more than in the US. at least.:LOL:

I really hope this is true :D

I'll buy U2 tickets but if they do a solo gig I'll sell them :)

The economic factor is key imo. Because, as it was said before in this thread, they don't need exposure to create a strong fan-base here. They've already been in this part of the world before and sold out all the shows they've booked. Two years from that and, with all the attention they got thanks to this Twilight-thing franchise :rolleyes:, I think there would be even more easier to sell out their gigs. ( I was one of the many who discovered the band AFTER they played here -not through Twilight tough :D).

But I see the problem of how much would it cost them to take their whole stage here and how the busy schedule they had this year, touring non-stop, it's also something that will prevent them to make a full show. Now, if they're just opening for U2, they would play just a few songs and wouldn't take all the pressure of the show on them.

All these rumors are making me so nervous. I hope some official news come up soon...

The economic factor is key imo. Because, as it was said before in this thread, they don't need exposure to create a strong fan-base here. They've already been in this part of the world before and sold out all the shows they've booked. Two years from that and, with all the attention they got thanks to this Twilight-thing franchise :rolleyes:, I think there would be even more easier to sell out their gigs. ( I was one of the many who discovered the band AFTER they played here -not through Twilight tough :D).

But I see the problem of how much would it cost them to take their whole stage here and how the busy schedule they had this year, touring non-stop, it's also something that will prevent them to make a full show. Now, if they're just opening for U2, they would play just a few songs and wouldn't take all the pressure of the show on them.

All these rumors are making me so nervous. I hope some official news come up soon...

I know what you mean, but I don't care if they I'll bring the towers over here :p They should do like in 2008, just some screens on the stage!

I want a full gig because the last time they came here I didn't know them and never seen them live :(

LOL!

is his name Mark bellamy? or Mike bellamy, i can't remember :chuckle:

:chuckle:

I know what you mean, but I don't care if they I'll bring the towers over here :p They should do like in 2008, just some screens on the stage!

I want a full gig because the last time they came here I didn't know them and never seen them live :(

:chuckle:

My feelings exactly!! I know that when they came in 2008 they didn't bring the whole stage. And I wouldn't mind if they do the same again ( bringing only the hexagonal screens they've used on festivals, i.e.)

As far as I'm concerned, I want them here! :musesign: And by themselves, not as an opening band to U2.

is his name Mark bellamy? or Mike bellamy, i can't remember

:LOL:

For me is more than rumours, El Mercurio (chilean newspaper) was quoting "reliable sources" when saying that Bono and Co. would come to the south, and Muse as a supporting band. At least in Chile, the dates not-confirmed are March 25th and 26th, but rumouring and the "reliable sources" still say that Matt, Dom and Chris only come as a supporting band. Bad news? Damn yeah

Now, if they're just opening for U2, they would play just a few songs and wouldn't take all the pressure of the show on them.
Exactly, I doubt they would play more than 1 hour, and we already know how much a U2 concert costs and it's a lot [2006: most expensive costed $175 thousand Chilean pesos (363 US)]. And as "2006 tour Experience", my parents went, I wasn't going to waste such an amount of money just because 45 min of Franz Ferdinand [the support band back then]. What happened? The pressure was big enough to ask Alex Kapranos if he could do a second concert as Franz, not U2-support, he said yeah and played in a summer festival for 1.15 hours and was freaking awesome.

I don't know how good idea is this "Muse supporting U2", but IMHO it just doesn't work. U2 fans arrive later to the arena since they don't want to hear these "noisy kids", come on! We are talking about a band who played in Wembley twice in a row (the same stadium Queen rocked out some decades ago), and they sold all the tickets for their southamerican tour in advance. 5 studio albums, 2 dvds, and only as a support band??? Not right.

As far as I'm concerned, I want them here! And by themselves, not as an opening band to U2.
AMEN A ESO HERMANA!! (sorry, had to say it in spanish :p)

Archived