How would you rate The Resistance?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate The Resistance?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

Best tracks are Exogenesis, MK Ultra, United States of Eurasia and Undisclosed Desires

Worst is I Belong To You but I like all the tracks.

Best moment is Exogenesis - Redemption and also the outros to MK Ultra and the EuraSIA! chanting.

This album is not 5 stars though because I think this album does not have as much power barring US and MKU. There is much more rocky power on previus albums, and also IBTY is the wooden spoon as it feels too cluttered. The New Moonie mix doesn't help.

Absolution still the best, but this one is on a par with Origin of Symmetry in second with BHaR now behind OoS in the pecking order.

Gave it a 5 (It's my fav along with Absolution)

Good: I always love the grand big style that Muse posesses but with the three part symphony at the end. Oh my. All melty go I.

Bad: Um. There really is nothing bad. I will skip over Undisclosed Desires sometimes...or MK ultra...but not because they are bad...just have to be in the right mood...

Best Track(s): I Belong To You. Resistance. Exogenesis: Redemption.

Worst Track(s): ??

Favourite Moment: Gotta tell you, when I finished listening to United States of Eurasia for the first time and Collateral Damage came on I got shivers. Sometimes I'll start the track over at Collateral Damage just to listen to the haunting sound...

Yep. :rolleyes:

It's the first Muse album that I liked all of the songs pretty much immediately, which is pretty weird. However, all the songs are great but there are no AMAZING song in the bunch (except Exogenesis, of course), which is pretty disappointing.

Best: Exogenesis, Guiding Light, MK Ultra, Resistance.

Worst: Unnatural Selection, Uprising.

Favourite moments:

Resistance: "Hold meeeee" and the beautiful intro.

Undisclosed Desires: The song's overall sexiness.

USoE: The slow part at the beginning.

Guiding Light: Matt's singing, particularly 0:20-0:33 and 0:44-1:02.

I Belong to You: "And she attacks me like a Lioooo."

Overture: The guitar at 3:16.

Cross-Pollination: ''Spread our codes to the stars''.

Redemption: "Just let us start it over agaaaain''

I give it 5 stars:D

I discovered muse in 2008 so the anticipation for this album for me was huge. I was so excited that when i listened to it for the first time i just loved it!

Best: Exogenesis. Just beautiful and some of Matt's best work

Worst: United States of Eurasia. It's too over the top. I dont really enjoy listening to it that much. Although the egyptian style part is cool.

Favourites: I think that Exogenesis is the best but its not my favourite. The 3 songs i love most are Uprising ("so come on" and the "OI"s are :awesome:), Undisclosed Desires (cos its sexy:p and it makes me happy when i listen to it, you either love or hate it) and MK Ultra ("all of history deleted with one stroke", the guitar at the start and end are awesome parts).

Best moment: The piano intro on Redemption. Its so sad and beautiful.

And i actually like Unnatural Selection. I too thought it sounded like New Born but i dont really love that song anyway. I love dancing and jumping to US when its on triple j or on my ipod. The riff and the verses really get you moving:happy:. I like the verses better than the chorus. The "Oooocean" part is annoying. Sounds like Green Day. Who i hate btw.

5 Stars. :happy:

Good things about the album

I think it's very powerful. And the symphony is just musical genius.

Bad things about the album

That the symphony ends? :LOL:

Best track

Unnatural Selection is my favourite at the minute.

Worst track

Hm. United States of Eurasia maybe? Not that I don't like it, it's very powerful. But if I had to choose, it would be my least favourite. I wouldn't listen to it as much as the others.

Favourite moment

The Exogensis Symphony.

The immensely powerful drums at the start of Guiding Light.

'Love is our resistance'

4/5

Good things about the album: It shows an eccentricity which I feel has been really lacking since OOS. It's also (with the exception of Guiding Light) a very consistent and solid album.

Bad things about the album: Guiding Light, and the lack of any really amazing tracks.

Best tracks: MK Ultra, Uprising, & Overture

Worst tracks: Guiding Light, Resistance

Favourite moment: When the vocals and drums kick in on Overture.

Good things about the album: It shows an eccentricity which I feel has been really lacking since OOS. It's also (with the exception of Guiding Light) a very consistent and solid album..

Aye, good point, though I'd say Absolution was also very consistent, but with probably 1/2 more 'weaker' tracks than OoS and The Resistance has (not 'bad' tracks, just slightly lower in standard in comparison with the album as a whole).

I have to be honest - my first impressions of the Resistance were not great. I couldn't make head nor tail of it and it seemed a confused mix of some of the best and worst bits of Muse's previous work.

But when I saw the songs live it all made sense - they just work infront of big crowds and I have to say some of the songs I thought were weak on the album were among my favourite of the night.

I could not give this five stars because that would put it on par with Origin of Symmetry - which is a work of pure genius - but I think a four is more appropriate.

i gave it a 4

Good things about the album good concept, great artwork, awesome symphony

Bad things about the album a lot of melodies which i feel i´ve already heard....because of that i was a bit disappointed...and some lyrics (like"you are the one"...)

Best track mk ultra

Worst track guiding light, because i think it´s nothing new(good example for those "old" melodies and harmonies. and united states of eurasia-i just don´t like that one

Favourite moment (beginning of) i belong to you....it always makes me happy... the effect that smbh had on bh&r, it´s pretty cool i think

Good things about the album

a step in a new direction, uprising, UD, USofE, IBTY, MKU, and Exo are all absolutely brilliant and would make my ideal setlist. the little things havent been left out, it isnt too poppy as some people have claimed; it just doesnt have loads of guitar. the songs i mentioned felt very fresh. i also think the theme is brilliant

Bad things about the album

well, resistance isnt a bad track, but the chorus is a little uninspired, i actually like the "could be wrong part". guiding light is ok up until after the solo, they could have made it so much better with little effort. unnatural selection sounds like muse trying to do a muse song if that makes sense, like they combined what OoS fans think their best moments are into one. these 3 songs dont interest me and i would happily lose them from the set.

Best track

hard to say, exogenesis as a whole. i belong to you as an individual, love its chirpyness.

Worst track

unnatural selection; trying to be more like muse is so not muse.:LOL:

Favourite moment

first verse of uprising is cool. the woo in IBTY. theres too many.

I'd say 4.3 or so. It's just not as solid as Absolution, but it's still great. I just really like how all of the songs on Absolution feel so connected to each other (but not too much). The Resistance is just kinda all over the place, but still great.

MK Ultra is the best track, and the best moment occurs whenever the band, and Matt's synthetically lowered voice, chime in a brilliant melody "We are losing Control", and the grungy guitar riff kicks in. Ho-Ya!

The worst Track = Guiding Light (jumpin on the band wagon). It's just too much like an 80's rock ballad for me, but that might be cool for some people.

I voted 2/5, could have been 3/5, though. Some solid works, but I miss more kick-ass-rock and I simply can't grow on "timbamuse"-songs like UD.

Best track:

Exo G., Resistance. Especially Resistance proved to be a grower.

Worst track:

Undisclosed Desires, I Belong to You. I just can't grow on those tracks.

Favourite moment:

"It's our last chance to forgive ourselves." - please. please. please.

4 stars from me

Good things about the album:

It flows really well despite having tracks that are from completely different genres from one another. The music and lyrics alternates from epic proportions to a more personal feel and I think it works really well. The symphony is pretty freaking epic

Bad things about the album:

While the album flows really well and works perfectly as an album, I dont feel that the songs stand out as much on their on as the ones on Absolution, Black Holes and Origins do

Best track:

MK Ultra, I Belong to You

Worst track:

United States of Eurasia. Collateral Damage is great and this song sounds great live, but the studio version is just sort of meh. The "SIA" screaming, while ridiculously fun live just doesn't work on record

Favourite moment:

"Spread our codes to stars! You must rescue us all!"

When the solo kicks in at the end of Overture, its so unexpected and it sounds incredible!

I think you mean the cross-polination :p

Otherwise, you couldn't had said things better, I agree completely with you :awesome:

Good things about the album: exogenesis is definitely a new age for muse. it's awesome. its lyrics are really cool, deep and sincere.

Bad things about the album: it's not better than previous albums so it's a really bad thing for me.

Best tracks: exogenesis, unnatural selection, mk ultra

Worst track: undisclosed desires or ibty's french part

Favourite moments: guitar solos in unnatural selection (both middle section and end), cross-pollination especially from "spread our codes to the stars" to end

Worst moment: ibty's french part!!! i was shocked when i first heard it! :vomit:

[quote=awen=muse;6872200

Worst moment: ibty's french part!!! i was shocked when i first heard it! :vomit:

I so agree! iBTY could have been a funny and cute lovesong, the (horribly pronounced) French part destroys it for me, I always skip it from that moment on. Don't know why they thought that the French part would fit in there?:$:stunned:

Archived