• 2 weeks later...

I have a question and I think this is the place for it... I tried, sincerely tried, to read the 660+ pages but... the dishes aren't gonna do themselves. I asked, they won't. :rolleyes:

The thread turned onto the stadium tour subject for a while, but some concerts will still be using the big 360 stage. Mine, for instance, in October in Quebec. And as a matter of fact, I happen to be sitting behind the stage. My ticket says "obstructed view" on it. After a close call on a heart attack, I realized the band had decided to open more seats because they'd bring their humongous setting with them.

With that said, has anyone here seen a gig with that setting from the "behind", so to speak? And if so, what was it like? If I'm only gonna miss the supporting band, I don't care as I'll probably be outside smoking anyway. But if half the songs Muse play are not on the towers and I can't see anything apart from the songs they play ON the towers, I'll want to jump off the balcony, for real. :(

Good thing I'm not in the 400s, won't hurt too much... So, can anybody fill me in, please?

I have a question and I think this is the place for it... I tried, sincerely tried, to read the 660+ pages but... the dishes aren't gonna do themselves. I asked, they won't. :rolleyes:

The thread turned onto the stadium tour subject for a while, but some concerts will still be using the big 360 stage. Mine, for instance, in October in Quebec. And as a matter of fact, I happen to be sitting behind the stage. My ticket says "obstructed view" on it. After a close call on a heart attack, I realized the band had decided to open more seats because they'd bring their humongous setting with them.

With that said, has anyone here seen a gig with that setting from the "behind", so to speak? And if so, what was it like? If I'm only gonna miss the supporting band, I don't care as I'll probably be outside smoking anyway. But if half the songs Muse play are not on the towers and I can't see anything apart from the songs they play ON the towers, I'll want to jump off the balcony, for real. :(

Good thing I'm not in the 400s, won't hurt too much... So, can anybody fill me in, please?

I sat behind them at the o2 and too be honest I enjoyed myself alot more because of it! We were really close to Muse even though we were seated... so you won't be dissapointed.

I sat behind them at the o2 and too be honest I enjoyed myself alot more because of it! We were really close to Muse even though we were seated... so you won't be dissapointed.

Thank you, that was my reasoning when I bought the ticket, seeing the configuration of the stage, I would be closer than the ones who were facing directly, but I feared I'd have 3 big towers blocking the view most of the show... Do they retract them when not in use or something?

I'll try to find those videos now.

I found this one first:

And from the looks of it, not only will I see perfectly well, but I'll have the best view on Matt, because I'm in the corner section, on the same side as him. So yeah! I'm quite psyched right now. I hope they keep the exact same setting.

But... in... OCTOBER??? So so far...

Okay, but what happens with those towers when they play on stage? My guess is that they'll have the towers behind them, hence I won't see a thing? Even the absence of a butt is better then that...

I've heard from people in far up and behind seats that they can still see a lot. The move around a bunch and face the back of the stage a few times. It's totally wide open and the towers are always showing video of the band.

Okay, but what happens with those towers when they play on stage? My guess is that they'll have the towers behind them, hence I won't see a thing? Even the absence of a butt is better then that...

Matt faces the back of the stage in a couple of songs, this person has very good videos from behind the stage at o2 arena: http://www.youtube.com/user/museatwembleystadium

Thank you, that was my reasoning when I bought the ticket, seeing the configuration of the stage, I would be closer than the ones who were facing directly, but I feared I'd have 3 big towers blocking the view most of the show... Do they retract them when not in use or something? .

The upper blocks are fixed and act as permanent video screen. There wont be any rear tiers open that they will be blocked by. If you are blocked by anything it will be from the PA or the cabling to the ceiling which has to run somewhere.

I think the view depends on the venue. I didn't think the o2 worked that well, the Madison Square Garden looked to fit in so well with the lower tiers of the rear seating.

4412380000_9978709fb5.jpg

The concept works well both as a way of surrounding the band but still working as a standard front facing stage. It's an arena stage with fixed dimension, how well it works with the arena is a matter of luck. In some cases it will have been cut down to fit in some arenas.

Thank you, that was my reasoning when I bought the ticket, seeing the configuration of the stage, I would be closer than the ones who were facing directly, but I feared I'd have 3 big towers blocking the view most of the show... Do they retract them when not in use or something?

I'll try to find those videos now.

I found this one first:

And from the looks of it, not only will I see perfectly well, but I'll have the best view on Matt, because I'm in the corner section, on the same side as him. So yeah! I'm quite psyched right now. I hope they keep the exact same setting.

But... in... OCTOBER??? So so far...

Here's one that shows the view directly behind the stage in MSG (spectacular really)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_xIlZ8jmY

and one from the side stage, just slightly behind, from Oakland:

I have used these when pondering whether to get 'behind the stage' seats. In Oakland Matt tried to face the back when he could be free from the front mic and sometimes sang to the back using the back mic. When he does those are really the best seats in the house period. But you do have the 90%+ when Matt faces the front. Dom and Chris play to the back more, maybe 30% of the time they turn to the back. And Dom's stage rotates a lot.

Good luck!!

• 1 month later...

Archived