What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Absolution is my favorite with Origins a close second. Overall Absolution is Muse's most cohesive, epic work. A true album. What a pervasive vibe it creates, ready to fall apart or explode at any given time. The Resistance tries to create a similar story / musical arc but is too disjointed. Black Holes is more of a collection of tunes. Origins just plain rocks.

showbiz actually makes my life <3 all of the others are amazing and everything but nothing gets me more than that exciting rawness of showbiz..fillip is my lover

Agreed! Showbiz is :awesome: But as the polls show...also the least popular :(

And I guess here goes my list:

1.) Showbiz

2.) Absolution

3.) Black Holes and Revelations

4.) Origin of Symmetry

6.) The Resistance

Absolution is my favorite with Origins a close second. Overall Absolution is Muse's most cohesive, epic work. A true album. What a pervasive vibe it creates, ready to fall apart or explode at any given time. The Resistance tries to create a similar story / musical arc but is too disjointed. Black Holes is more of a collection of tunes. Origins just plain rocks.

Same here :D

without doubt origin of symmetry ... which following buying on release and listening to it once, didn't return back to it until the release of Absolution. It was only then that I realised how absolutely amazing a record it was

Album 6 needs to be more like origin of symmetry = guitar driven riffs/songs = Muse brilliant :D

I'm not getting all of this hate on BHaR. The songs seem better than Resistance and Showbiz, by a bit.

Map, Knights, Assassin, Glorious, City of Delusion, Hoodoo; hell, I'd say Invincible and Exo-Politics are quality too.

Showbiz does have some: Showbiz (one of their best), MM (also top-notch), Uno, Cave, Unintended and Spiral Static; however, I like the songs I mentioned off of BHaR better.

The Resistance also has a few: MK, Exo in full, maybe another one or two; but the rest seem to be a bit average by Muse's standards.

I'd say:

1. Origin: pure heaven, nothing else to be said.

2. Abso: some great songs including my all-time favorite SS, and they really mixed soft with heavy songs while moving into the classical; I love all of these elements.

3. BHaR: some TOP-NOTCH songs, as I mentioned above.

4. Showbiz: barely lost out to BHaR, but I just like BHaR's quality a bit better.

5. Resistance: just mediocre apart from MK an Exo, in my opinion.

I have to say Origin of Symmetry because it was the first album I bought haha. I love every single album but I think OoS has the most variety for me. And CE is my favorite song.

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. Showbiz

4. Blackholes and Revelations

5. The Resistance

I still can't believe TR has more votes than BH&R.

I only play MK Ultra on my iPOD from TR. Terrible album with terrible songs, terrible artwork and of course quite a terrible tour.

Why do positive threads always have to have people bitching about The Resistance? We know a majority of muse fans hate TR I'm sure this isn't the first time you've said so either. Could you not have said what you do enjoy rather than bringing negativity? JESUS! For once can someone say something positive about muse?! The bitching is annoying.

How's this? I love everything Muse has ever done. This is a fact.

What is a fact, that you love everything Muse has done?

Well of course it's a fact, you just said it. No need to claim a statement of personal opinion as "fact" :p

Why do positive threads always have to have people bitching about The Resistance? We know a majority of muse fans hate TR I'm sure this isn't the first time you've said so either. Could you not have said what you do enjoy rather than bringing negativity? JESUS! For once can someone say something positive about muse?! The bitching is annoying.

BH&R is awesome... that's a positive. ;)

• 2 months later...

1. Absolution/Origin of Symmetry

2. Origin of Symmetry/Absolution

3. Showbiz (Underrated)

4. Black Holes and Revelations

5, The Resistance

I'm listening to The Resistance now. Was so exited when it came out and ended up with a massive disappointed. It had few good songs, like the Symphony (which saved the album imo) and MK Ultra, and it had good songs like Unnatural Selection (Although it doesn't feel like a new song, like a different version of New Born) and United States Of Eurasia, then you have decent songs like Resistance and Uprising and absolutely shitty songs like Guiding Light, UD and IBTY.

The other Muse songs had 1 'shit' song at maximum per album, about 2 average songs and the rest is pretty good, TR had many shit and average songs and only few songs that make you 'WOW'

1. Absolution/Origin of Symmetry

2. Origin of Symmetry/Absolution

3. Showbiz (Underrated)

4. Black Holes and Revelations

5, The Resistance

I'm listening to The Resistance now. Was so exited when it came out and ended up with a massive disappointed. It had only 2 great songs, like the Symphony (which saved the album imo) and MK Ultra, and it had good songs like Unnatural Selection (Although it doesn't feel like a new song, like a different version of New Born) and United States Of Eurasia, then you have decent songs like Resistance and Uprising and absolutely shitty songs like Guiding Light, UD and IBTY.

The other Muse albums had 1 'shit' song at maximum per album, about 2 average songs and the rest is pretty good, TR had many shit and average songs and only few songs that make you 'WOW'

And another thing, the songs don't have chemistry between them. Oos's tracks had a brilliant chemistry between them, and the album was so atmospheric that you can easily listen from the beginning till the end, the energy in New Born, Plug in Baby, Space Dementia, Hyper music, and the nicer, darker and softer ending tracks like Screenager, Darkshines and Megalomania,

Feeling Good spoiled the album for me, if Oos didn't have Feeling Good I would say that Oos is without a doubt the best Muse album ever pulled and possibly the best album of the last decade, but Feeling Good screwed that.

Archived