What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

I'm just curious to know... what is it everybody loves about OoS?

The heavyness and darkness running throughout the album. The whole album (except Feeling Good) feels like it should be on there. The standard of songs is just much higher than recent albums. Sure BH&R and The Resistance have highs, but overall those albums are weaker.

as an alternative rock album, oos is musically genius, brilliant. it has some best work of muse of all time such as new born, citizen erased, plug in baby, bliss, micro cuts. and it's not cheesy at all imo. the lyrics are deep and hard but delivered in poetic way (i'm not sure poetic is the right word). a friend of mine ever said that oos has high originality. i'm not sure what was that mean, but yeah i think oos is very genuine.

Origin doesn't have Starlight, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, Exo-Politics, Resistance and Guiding Light.

= Win.

It has Feeling Good...to be honest I don't mind the song on record though (but when it overplayed at gigs...)

I'm just curious to know... what is it everybody loves about OoS?

I asked myself the same question, and the only thing I could come up with was a description. That description is only one word: "RAW"

I love the raw nature of it, matt's falsetto is very clean and messy and the same time (i know that makes no sense) but thats why I like it :)

I don't know... for me OoS has a lack of variety. 4/5 of the songs are heavy, almost thrash. While it did have a lot of good motives and riffs, it showed a lack of emotion in relation to their other albums. That's one of the reasons I'm in love with Absolution. It expresses emotion in Matt's musicality and voice like never before.

I don't know... for me OoS has a lack of variety. 4/5 of the songs are heavy, almost thrash. While it did have a lot of good motives and riffs, it showed a lack of emotion in relation to their other albums. That's one of the reasons I'm in love with Absolution. It expresses emotion in Matt's musicality and voice like never before.

Are you trying to say that OoS has less emotion than The Resistance or am I not getting you? :LOL:

He is counterbalancing your commotion.

I gotta say, even though I voted The Resistance, I feel like Origin of Symmetry possibly was their «best» album – it has some very, very good songs on it, and I like the transition for instance between «Citizen Erased» and «Micro Cuts», which are two of my all-time favourites.

All the songs are of very high quality. Every track except «Feelin Good» and «Darkshines» are outstanding, really.

Black Holes & Revelations is my favourite Muse Album. really it has nice collection of beautiful and brilliant songs. its provide sweet, funny, cool and calm entertainment to me. really i love this fantastic album because its contains extra ordinary stuff for my enjoyment.

Wow, that's a really on-topic bot. Actually fooled me for a second.

He is counterbalancing your commotion.

I gotta say, even though I voted The Resistance, I feel like Origin of Symmetry possibly was their «best» album – it has some very, very good songs on it, and I like the transition for instance between «Citizen Erased» and «Micro Cuts», which are two of my all-time favourites.All the songs are of very high quality. Every track except «Feelin Good» and «Darkshines» are outstanding, really.

Can't get enough :yesey: Although I like FG on the record, it adds a variation to it.

Are you trying to say that OoS has less emotion than The Resistance or am I not getting you? :LOL:

Yes.

The Resistance has some songs like I Belong to You, United States of Eurasia, and Exogenesis, where he really brings out the dynamic. I can't think of any that do it nearly as much in OoS.

Yes.

The Resistance has some songs like I Belong to You, United States of Eurasia, and Exogenesis, where he really brings out the dynamic. I can't think of any that do it nearly as much in OoS.

Are any of those songs really emotion-driven? :erm:

The fact is I would much prefer to hear Space Dementia, Megalomania and Citizen Erased than those songs.

I was hoping for you to come out with Guiding Light being a highly emotional song :(

Yes.

I really wouldn't say United States of Eurasia and Exogenesis are emotional songs, they are more concepts that Matt is exploring.

OoS has Micro Cuts (helluva emotional and angry song if you look at the lyrics), megalomania, citizen erased, bliss, etc.

What? o.O

I reckon it's a spamming bot? o.O

Yes.

...:erm: As some have already responded, I don't agree with you on less dynamics in OoS and more in TR. But if you focus on Matt's vocal, I might agree, but it's also subjective to each taste, although I think his singing skills improved over the years.

I reckon it's a spamming bot? o.O

...:erm: As some have already responded, I don't agree with you on less dynamics in OoS and more in TR. But if you focus on Matt's vocal, I might agree, but it's also subjective to each taste, although I think his singing skills improved over the years.

Yes I big part of it is subjective.

Archived