What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

If it wasn’t for Exogenesis and MK Ultra it would be at the bottom of my list too. But as it is No.3.

But that would imply that Guiding Light, Soaked, Invincible, Neutron Star Collision, and Starlight aren't your bottom 5. Which leaves me questioning your taste, and unable to care about your opinion. :p

EDIT: Actually, I think Resistance probably ranks one below Starlight for me, so i'll throw that song in there too. And Pink Ego Box or Balloonatic are probably the absolute worst, even if they have sheer age to excuse them (unlike the other 6)!

Every album is fantastic and unique, but in MY OPINION "The Resistance" is their best.

Origin of Symmetry and Absolution is underrated by "fans",

and overrated by us hardcore fans.

Both are still on my list of top 10 albums of all time.

"The Resistance" is underrated.

Exogenesis Symphony is the piece of music they (Matt) have ever written:p

Every album is fantastic and unique, but in MY OPINION "The Resistance" is their best.

Origin of Symmetry and Absolution is underrated by "fans",

and overrated by us hardcore fans.

Both are still on my list of top 10 albums of all time.

"The Resistance" is underrated.

Exogenesis Symphony is the piece of music they (Matt) have ever written:p

Let me guess which word is missing.....

"only"? :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

I find this difficult, because there are tracks on every album that I love and sometimes the mood determines the songs I prefer, but overall, I'd say (as my personal opinion):

1) Origins of Symmetry - I love the sound, crashing roaring guitars and riffs, the drama, the rawness, can't put in words what those songs do to me (no, keep it clean!)

2) Showbiz - again, the guitars, voice, rawness, drama, the intensity Matt puts into songs like Escape or Showbiz, nothing feels more of a release than belting those out on a crap day

3) Absolution - it made me love Muse and get hooked initially, love Hysteria or The Small Print's intensity or the melancholy of Blackout

3) Black Holes and Revelations - I rediscovered it recently after neglecting it for a long time, but only really love a few of the songs like Exo Politics and Assassin, SMBH, Cydonia, MOTP and Take A Bow

4) The Resistance - ehm, aye, well, sorry, but it's almost too pop-ish for me; however, I do love the classical input there (although I'm not a classic fan) and love Exogenesis (all parts), Guiding Light if I need to dwell on something

I miss the rawness of the first albums, the noise, I just love those roaring guitars and that with Matt's voice, aye, any time ...

Recently I've found myself listening to BH&R and TR more than their other albums. Abso is still my favourite, and it's such a powerful experience when I'm feeling depressed or angsty, but their most recent albums are the ones I can get into more often. OoS is filled with amazing songs but it's a bit too much for me to listen to as a whole. Same with Showbiz.

Anyone else feel this way?

Recently I've found myself listening to BH&R and TR more than their other albums. Abso is still my favourite, and it's such a powerful experience when I'm feeling depressed or angsty, but their most recent albums are the ones I can get into more often. OoS is filled with amazing songs but it's a bit too much for me to listen to as a whole. Same with Showbiz.

Anyone else feel this way?

I do!

I think The Resistance has the best production... All of the layers they've incorporated...

But anyway, my favorite is Absolution, and my least is...

....I don't have one.

Archived