What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

1. Absolution --- My style of music. It's probably their most spacey alternative era.

2. Black Holes & Revelations. --- Almost every song in here was good. I loved their instrumental theme.

3. Showbiz --- Matt sounds so innocent and "young" here. Knowing that a 20 year old can write Unintended blew my mind.

4. The Resistance --- For Exogenesis and I Belong to You. The album was quite original, but a bit too poppy for me.

5. Origin of Symmetry --- I don't understand the hype. I don't like the overdose of thrash and heavy guitar with almost no meaning in the songs.

Kay, my order changed up a little bit now:

1. Black Holes and Revelations - Still my favorite, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's massively underrated by fans. Not a bad song on there, and so many amazing songs that I can't get enough of (Map, City, Hoodoo, Knights, to name the best). I also think it has generally the best lyrics of all the Muse albums, though Absolution has great lyrics too.

2. Absolution - It pulled ahead of Origin for some reason, not really sure why. I think it's more like I like Origin less than Absolution more. But on this one, the slower, more "beautiful" songs are the best - Blackout, Butterflies, Ruled by Secrecy. I've also began liking Hysteria, Stockholm, and Small Print more than before. Still am not a fan of Apocalypse Please or Endlessly, though.

3. Origin of Symmetry - Moved down a bit for me, I think I'm just getting tired of it. Though I'm really liking Plug In Baby, Citizen, and Micro Cuts these days. I'm listening to New Born right now, and it's not nearly as good as it sounded before to me. Also, most of the lyrics make pretty much no sense on this album, except Citizen Erased and Megalomania, and of course Bliss. And there's Feeling Good, which is oddly one song that I've consistently liked on here.

4. The Resistance - Really been getting sick of this lately, though it's not crap like some people say. Has some good songs, some not that great. Undisclosed, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis are really the only songs I haven't been getting tired of. But it's really a good album, just not the best Muse can do. Still, it pulls ahead of Showbiz because it's way more cohesive and musical.

5. Showbiz - Last place, but not bad in any way. There are some songs that I absolutely adore on here. But some songs are just not that good (Sober, Overdue, Escape). But it's a good sign that their first album is still at the bottom, shows that they're growing musically.

1. Black Holes and Revelations - Still my favorite, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's massively underrated by fans. Not a bad song on there, and so many amazing songs that I can't get enough of (Map, City, Hoodoo, Knights, to name the best). I also think it has generally the best lyrics of all the Muse albums, though Absolution has great lyrics too.

I 99% agree with you here (except I like Absolution more).

1 - Black Holes and Revelation: my favourite album, with a great compromise between 'old style' and 'new style' songs. A critical success and a mix of experiments and new ideas. 9/10.

2 - Origin of Symmetry: if the songs are valued singly, it could easily be their best album, but I don't like their succession, because it makes a 'dead moment' between Screenager and Darkshines. By the way, a great and powerful album, with catchy and well structured melodies. 9/10.

3 - Absolution: nice job. A mix of wonderful songs (Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print, Ruled by Secrecy ecc.) and 'not bad' songs. I personally like the idea of a concept album based on the end of the world, but some other songs of that era (Fury, Eternally Missed or The Groove) could have worked better on the record. Good album, but it could have been better. 7.5/10.

4 - The Resistance: well, nice try :D. A courageos attempt leaded by the search of a brand new sound/brand new ideas. I like this attempt, but I have to say that new ideas don't ever mean success, so we got an 'half good' and 'half bad' album, including some songs that don't really sound like Muse (Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light). However, this search of a new sound also brought good songs, including the 'synth-rock' Uprising, the 'Arab-ish' United States of Eurasia, and the three-piece-masterpiece Exogenesis. 7/10.

5 - Showbiz: not really their worst record - it could have easily been The Best album of another group, if it wasn't made by Muse :D - but, looking now at their musical improvement, I have to say that is too simple to get an higher position. By the way, probably one of the best debut album ever. 7/10.

2. Absolution - It pulled ahead of Origin for some reason, not really sure why. I think it's more like I like Origin less than Absolution more. But on this one, the slower, more "beautiful" songs are the best - Blackout, Butterflies, Ruled by Secrecy. I've also began liking Hysteria, Stockholm, and Small Print more than before. Still am not a fan of Apocalypse Please or Endlessly, though.

3. Origin of Symmetry - Moved down a bit for me, I think I'm just getting tired of it. Though I'm really liking Plug In Baby, Citizen, and Micro Cuts these days. I'm listening to New Born right now, and it's not nearly as good as it sounded before to me. Also, most of the lyrics make pretty much no sense on this album, except Citizen Erased and Megalomania, and of course Bliss. And there's Feeling Good, which is oddly one song that I've consistently liked on here.

4. The Resistance - Really been getting sick of this lately, though it's not crap like some people say. Has some good songs, some not that great. Undisclosed, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis are really the only songs I haven't been getting tired of. But it's really a good album, just not the best Muse can do. Still, it pulls ahead of Showbiz because it's way more cohesive and musical.

5. Showbiz - Last place, but not bad in any way. There are some songs that I absolutely adore on here. But some songs are just not that good (Sober, Overdue, Escape). But it's a good sign that their first album is still at the bottom, shows that they're growing musically.

Lyrics are overrated (Speaking in Rock music), when I listen to rock music I care about the music itself, the riffs of the guitar, the bass, the effects, the drumming, the energy and the atmosphere of the song.

Lyrics are important in genres like Hip hop where the lyrics is the main part of the song, or in folk music but in rock music lyrics are not a major thing at all.

Lyrics are overrated (Speaking in Rock music), when I listen to rock music I care about the music itself, the riffs of the guitar, the bass, the effects, the drumming, the energy and the atmosphere of the song.

Lyrics are important in genres like Hip hop where the lyrics is the main part of the song, or in folk music but in rock music lyrics are not a major thing at all.

I know, I care about the music more than the lyrics, but amazing lyrics can really make a song brilliant. And lyrics affect the general atmosphere of a song. So they are pretty important, though I agree that the musical aspect is way more important.

1. Absolution - because of SS, Hysteria and Blackout...and the rest of the album. :D

2. BHaR - because of MotP, Hoodoo and KoC...and because it has so many different facets

3. OoS - because of Bliss, Hyper Music and CE

4. Showbiz / The Resistance - I kinda like them both in some ways, though they re very different. Showbiz sounds a bit too "young" to me and TR a bit too "grown up". I missed the easiness and rawness on TR and it didn t feel as authentic as previous releases. But maybe that s just me.

My favourite album is Absolution for me there are no songs on the album whatsoever I wouldn't pick up my ipod and instantly play, I think it was Muse at their prime, they put a piano solo in a rock song and pulled it off perfectly, I prefer Muses earlier stuff I believe it has more feel, it's more personal rather then trying to just create stadium anthems (the resistance)

The thing with OoS I love half the songs and don't like the rest, there isn't any songs i'm mutual on or think thats ok, I either hate it or love it, i've recently become obsessed with micro cuts so that might be why, I just adore his high notes :) but feeling good, boy I wasn't after listening through that album! zing..

BHAR is a great album but i'm sick of hearing some of the songs :LOL: there are some amazing songs like invincible, exo-politics, assassin, KoC, but some of the songs are a bit to mainstream for my liking (starlight, supermassive blackhole) and the whole twilight thing didn't help :LOL:

I like Showbiz because it just sounds so raw and meaningful, I like the way it hasn't got the sound that it's just been mastered so much you don't even know what you're listening to, I just prefer songs with more feeling, songs written from the heart rather then by a pen and thats what the resistance is to me which brings me to

The Resistance :vomit: to me this album was just oh lets make songs that fit in a stadium, who needs dead star and showbiz i've got undisclosed desires :stunned: I listened to uprising and was like :D heard the resistance and was :stunned: heard undisclosed desires and was :eek: heard united states of eurasia :rolleyes: then guiding light :'( and it just went downhill from there, I like MK Ultra but apart from that i'm not a fan of the album, but I listen to it cause it's Muse :LOL: Anything with Matt Bellamys vocals

1. Black Holes and Revelations - I love every song on it, and I love the order its in (I know, TAB into Starlight, but I like it :$)

2. Absolution - I love every song on this too, but I think TOADA into RBS is a bit wierd, but cool

3. The Resistance - The Symphony, MK, US, and USoE makes it awesome, the rest of the songs except GL are awsome too.

4. Origin of Symmetry - Sounds very similar all the way through, but there are plenty of stand-out songs like CE, NB and Micro Cuts

5. Showbiz - Awesome album, some awesome songs, but not as good as the other albums

1. Black Holes and Revelations - I love every song on it, and I love the order its in (I know, TAB into Starlight, but I like it :$)

2. Absolution - I love every song on this too, but I think TOADA into RBS is a bit wierd, but cool

3. The Resistance - The Symphony, MK, US, and USoE makes it awesome, the rest of the songs except GL are awsome too.

4. Origin of Symmetry - Sounds very similar all the way through, but there are plenty of stand-out songs like CE, NB and Micro Cuts

5. Showbiz - Awesome album, some awesome songs, but not as good as the other albums

Not quite. :noey: There are at the very least some different dynamics at work on that record.

Map of the Problematique is awesome though lol :happy:

'Tis, Map is easily one of my favourite Muse songs. But there are so many other songs on Black Holes which tire out way too quickly for me, whereas I can listen to Oos and Absolution all the way through day-after-day-after-day and I still struggle to become bored. :D

This is a very open poll indeed when you think about the situation with the topic in question...

Now obviously the people who prefer mainstream pop rock will like albums such as BHAR and TR, but the people who can indulge in the sound effects and long periods of random noise that MUSE make on their more alternative material 9like they are truely known for :happy:) will prefer the first 3 albums.

This whole topic depends on your music taste and obviously with this being a MUSE forum where I would imagine the majority of members love their trademark alternative style; I would say that 1 of the first three albums will win! ;)

'Tis, Map is easily one of my favourite Muse songs. But there are so many other songs on Black Holes which tire out way too quickly for me, whereas I can listen to Oos and Absolution all the way through day-after-day-after-day and I still struggle to become bored. :D

This is actualy very true. Well done Watson :happy:

Archived