2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

This is so confusing :LOL:

So do we know which doors (from the outside) give you access to the arena? Is it only two? 7 and?

I'm still a bit confused about the doors within that you're talking about - are those the ones that go to the arena directly? Stairs up I mean? Looking at the map venue I can't figure it out:LOL:

Just imagine a big round Hogwarts ;)

First door at 0.45

Inside door (stalls) at 1.48

If you are Arena, you go straight downstairs after first door, through a corridor and then after the second door you go back up some stairs.

You can get to Arena from any of the external doors if you have to, not all doors will be in use.

:rolleyes: okay

What's your problem? I listed it directly at 9am. It then went into 'moderation' and was made live by them at 9:56am. I had no idea moderation was a thing and therefore someone else sat there from 9am pressing refresh the whole time and got the ticket. Commitment to the cause, and well done to them.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that by now :LOL: and there's more than three doors, that's why I asked specifically, I thought I might have missed some information:$

There are more than 3 doors but it looks like the 3 ways down to the arena are 1, 11 and 6. So me being at 7 means I have to go down the stairs by 6, ya feel me?

What's your problem? I listed it directly at 9am. It then went into 'moderation' and was made live by them at 9:56am. I had no idea moderation was a thing and therefore someone else sat there from 9am pressing refresh the whole time and got the ticket. Commitment to the cause, and well done to them.

Oh shit, totally forgot they have that moderation thing! Refreshed some time as I thought it’ll take some time to appear to the site but as I said, didn’t realised moderation would take some time :LOL:

edit: drink every time you see ’some time’

Edited by howbiz

Oh shit, totally forgot they have that moderation thing! Refreshed some time as I thought it’ll take some time to appear to the site but as I said, didn’t realised moderation would take some time :LOL:

edit: drink every time you see ’some time’

:LOL:

Sorry, I had no idea when I clicked post.

I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested. I won’t be able to list it on Twickets since I’ll be collecting my tickets from the box office on the night of the concert. You’ll need to meet me at or near the box office (door 12) and enter the concert with me. The seats I got are amazing – Stalls G, Row 1. Literally the best seats in the house. Take a look at a seating chart for Royal Albert Hall and you’ll see that Stalls G are closest to the stage on the left side – Matt’s side!

Send me a Private Message if you are interested.

I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested. I won’t be able to list it on Twickets since I’ll be collecting my tickets from the box office on the night of the concert. You’ll need to meet me at or near the box office (door 12) and enter the concert with me. The seats I got are amazing – Stalls G, Row 1. Literally the best seats in the house. Take a look at a seating chart for Royal Albert Hall and you’ll see that Stalls G are closest to the stage on the left side – Matt’s side!

Send me a Private Message if you are interested.

Where are you travelling from, RaX? Those are great seats - I've had Stalls O row 2 before, so the same sort of place opposite side of the stage.

Torn between making an Uno, Eternally Missed or drumstick sign for this

This has now expanded to include HTAILY, Invincible and - after Matt’s acoustic teasing at iHeart - COD, FAWY, MOYH and Shine (Acoustic).... :chuckle:

It’s a case of deciding what result’s more worth it...do you

a) go for what has the highest chance, even if there’s other things you like more (Uno/EM)

b) go for your pure favourites knowing the 99.99% chance of them not being played but possibly planting a seed for the future

or b pt. 2) just being happy w/ a possible 3 second tease

After being so firmly against it for all this time, I’ve finally caved and stupidly started to get my hopes up for something special in the set :rolleyes:

Well you and me both then! When they announced this one I’ve been thinking they would play some rarities :LOL: hopes high for Megalomania

400 EUR in total to get standard setlist btw OMEGALUL

if we get no rehearsal pictures during this week, the chances of anything rare are dead. one week to go and I still haven't planned my way to RAH, that's how hyped I am. :LOL:

Well you and me both then! When they announced this one I’ve been thinking they would play some rarities :LOL: hopes high for Megalomania

I don’t think they’ll do many, one or two max, but I just can’t help but think...like, this is their only proper gig until February next year...and they’ve booked the bloody Royal Albert Hall for it...? Surely something’s gotta happen. Otherwise why bother to book such an isolated gig at a special venue, and for charity?

Meg is weirdly one of the ones I’m hoping for least, since I’d rather something I haven’t seen (though organ Meg is obvs a different beast) and I feel like you’d always get some people going ‘meerrrr it was better the first time’. Something acoustic would be a nice change given how Matt seems to have rediscovered it, had a dream last night he brought me on-stage to play Shine Acoustic then whipped out FAWY after and now I’m kinda fixed on that (the FAWY part :chuckle:) <3

Endlessly would be a fine replacement if the guys feel that Megalomania is too predictable.

#bringbackendlessly

IN-VINC-IBLE, Matt comes back down during the breakdown just in time to whip out the solo. mmmmm molto bene <3

I love Endlessly but full organ? nah

Edited by Jobby

I feel like a song from the by request gigs could certainly show up, leaning towards Showbiz for some reason. I also feel like an oldie is going to be re-worked for piano again...no idea which song, mind.

Whatever happens, just seeing them in that venue (and hopefully getting some ST debuts) will make it very special.

400 EUR in total to get standard setlist btw OMEGALUL

if we get no rehearsal pictures during this week, the chances of anything rare are dead. one week to go and I still haven't planned my way to RAH, that's how hyped I am. :LOL:

I'm pretty sure that they'll make the set a little special, it's still a charity gig at a fairly small venue. I think Showbiz and a live debut from ST could make it to the set at least.

This is not a rehearsal pic, but Dom's drum tech (owner of Q Drums) seems to be back in Europe again at least, so maybe they started today or they could start tomorrow?

Has anybody ever succeeded in getting tickets from Twickets for this gig? Every time a new listing comes up and no matter how fast I've been, they are always reserved for another buyer already. Do they really go all in just few seconds?

Nahhh, not to be an ‘ugh showbiz is so boring now’ nob, it’s not been overplayed and it’s an amazing vibe w/ the hardcores but I would like something different. A ‘new’ oldie or even one-off performances of the new alt. versions to make this gig stand out and kick off a new era, instead of going back to the same well.

I am happy just seeing a debut or two though, on top of TC, Pressure etc., like others have said.