2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

tickets keep popping up but you select them and they're gone

I saw them at RAH in 08 it's a fab venue and you get a great view everywhere I was at the very back still could make out Matt's green socks

My only problem with RAH is that you get people there who aren't into the band we got told of for singing and dancing to the point this bloke kept turning around and screaming at is then started throwing stuff at us; they where out number as people around us started on these blokes for there behaviour. Still my 2nd favourite gig to SBE

If you want front row you can expect to queue twice - quite often they let people in the exterior doors before the auditorium, which has more doors, is open (arena is downstairs first and then up again, not ground level).

Ok this sounds v handy to know, thanks. Could you explain in a bit more detail? Just I’m struggling to get a picture in my head for what you mean. Or is it all obvious when you get there, like no decisions to make in terms of which door/side of the building to queue at?

Please tell me it’s not this bad with the really large venues :(

Nah, course not. Thing is, this is a band that played to over 100,000 people at the O2 alone a couple of years ago, and that’s not even counting the tens of thousands at other UK venues around the same time. So you’ll have a lot of those people and people from other countries all trying for one 5000 capacity date.

Standing can defo go at bigger gigs, in my experience. But you should have absolutely no problems if you’re there within the first day or two, if not longer.

My only problem with RAH is that you get people there who aren't into the band

I don’t think that’s a problem specific to RAH :chuckle:

Yep same here! I might try the train this time, if it's not too expensive... it might be more reliable than going by plane, with all the strikes lately.

Well, when I took the train to see Muse in Cologne, it took me 11 hours instead of 4 hours to get there and when I finally arrived at 9PM, my hotelroom was gone because they said I didn't check in on time (even though I called them to let them know I was delayed)! So I'll be flying this time. Fingers crossed!

My only problem with RAH is that you get people there who aren't into the band we got told of for singing and dancing to the point this bloke kept turning around and screaming at is then started throwing stuff at us; they where out number as people around us started on these blokes for there behaviour. Still my 2nd favourite gig to SBE

That's London crowds for you!

It was a great show last time, one of my favs :)

Bloody hell, I feel really lucky that we got tickets in the presale. I tried to grab some standing tickets instead this morning (we've got choir seats) and everything sold out before I could even get anything in my basket :stunned:

This is why I'm kinda glad they're playing stadiums next year... might actually stand a chance of getting a standing ticket :LOL:

This is an unusual experience. I'm a regular RAH patron and have never seen behaviour like this. After all, you'd presume to be a fan if you're paying over £100 for a ticket. That said, there are always people there on comps, who are less engaged. But also bear in mind that not everyone has the same expectations of gig behaviour - though I'd still expect the venue to be standing and on fire from the get go with Muse!

Wishing everyone who got tickets a great time. Still a few regrets about giving up the seats I had in the presale, but my pocket thanks me..!

Ok this sounds v handy to know, thanks. Could you explain in a bit more detail? Just I’m struggling to get a picture in my head for what you mean. Or is it all obvious when you get there, like no decisions to make in terms of which door/side of the building to queue at?

There are 12 entrances - which should all open at the same time. Can't remember which door is Standing but it will be on the tickets. Expect ticket scans and bag searches from ushers (RAH staff no security) at the first door.

If you're standing and want barrier then you'll need to go immediately downstairs, not into the main corridor/bar/merch area. Head towards the centre of the building, past the bar entrances and there will be another door with an usher checking tickets. There are 3 (I think) doors into the arena, once through, you need to go back up some stairs to get to the actual standing area. It's not big but the stage is quite wide.

RAH have responded to my tweet to say definitely sold out. Very gutted but have saved myself £200 today. Planning on going to two gigs next year so will be better prepared for presale next time!

Thanks - you've saved me some RSI, now it's just the twickets page to keep refreshing.

I'm planning on 2 or 3 at next year's tour - I did 2 at the Drones tour and still wanted more - I've never had real trouble getting tickets for the regular tours, but there are more days to choose from.

There are 12 entrances - which should all open at the same time. Can't remember which door is Standing but it will be on the tickets. Expect ticket scans and bag searches from ushers (RAH staff no security) at the first door.

If you're standing and want barrier then you'll need to go immediately downstairs, not into the main corridor/bar/merch area. Head towards the centre of the building, past the bar entrances and there will be another door with an usher checking tickets. There are 3 (I think) doors into the arena, once through, you need to go back up some stairs to get to the actual standing area. It's not big but the stage is quite wide.

Perfect, thankya :happy:

Shit, I thought it’d be pretty easy to rely on Twickets if I missed out but I’m glad I didn’t have to now, that sounds stressful too. Maybe it’ll calm down a bit once the initial surge of people looking this week dies down a bit.

Just realised this is the first time I’ll have ever seen them during the winter, in 15 gigs. Latest I’d ever seen them in a year before was the start of September and, other than that, they’ve all been during spring/summer. Totally inconsequential information but y’knowwww.....I’m really, really excited so I’ll pick out anything while the time passes. Makes me more wary about queueing up for hours and hours outside though :chuckle:

Shit, I thought it’d be pretty easy to rely on Twickets if I missed out but I’m glad I didn’t have to now, that sounds stressful too. Maybe it’ll calm down a bit once the initial surge of people looking this week dies down a bit.

Just realised this is the first time I’ll have ever seen them during the winter, in 15 gigs. Latest I’d ever seen them in a year before was the start of September and, other than that, they’ve all been during spring/summer. Totally inconsequential information but y’knowwww.....I’m really, really excited so I’ll pick out anything while the time passes. Makes me more wary about queueing up for hours and hours outside though :chuckle:

If you're seated then there's space for a big coat, if you're standing then long long queued for the cloakroom!

It's not too stressful, just clicking refresh every 10-15 mins in case, just a bit depressing when there's nothing. At least it looks like I'm gonna exchange on my first home today, so that's taking the sting off a bit.

Don't give up if you've missed out again - there's a weird thing with RAH tickets that means more are likely to become available in small numbers.

Lots of seats are privately owned (debentures) and tickets can't be sold for them.

If you contact RAH box office direct by phone then you may be able to get lucky as these seats are released for sale when the seat owners decide they don't want to go to an event (some send them back to RAH, some stick them on tout sites :( ).

It's unlikely to be today but it's worth a try closer to the time.

"All tickets are sold through seetickets" was their answer

If you're seated then there's space for a big coat, if you're standing then long long queued for the cloakroom!

Standing and aiming for barrier so it’ll be thermals and suffering for me :chuckle: maybe a hoodie that I can tie round my waist once I’m in

Closest I think I’ve come to that was queuing up for an hour for a QOTSA gig last November and that was rough iirc, so Christ knows what this is gonna be like if I’m gonna be there all morning/day. I don’t cope with cold well :rolleyes:

This is an unusual experience. I'm a regular RAH patron and have never seen behaviour like this. After all, you'd presume to be a fan if you're paying over £100 for a ticket. That said, there are always people there on comps, who are less engaged. But also bear in mind that not everyone has the same expectations of gig behaviour - though I'd still expect the venue to be standing and on fire from the get go with Muse!

Wishing everyone who got tickets a great time. Still a few regrets about giving up the seats I had in the presale, but my pocket thanks me..!

I've attended the RAH nearly 30 times (mostly Teenage Cancer Trust gigs including Muse's in 2008) and when I saw The Killers in 2008 (another sold out gig in minutes) there were people behind me in the box just talking all the way through, spilled their wine on my coat. I think they were there just to say they were there not because they were a fan. Regardless of that I really love the Royal Albert Hall and feel so lucky I managed to get tickets to see them there again.

I've attended the RAH nearly 30 times (mostly Teenage Cancer Trust gigs including Muse's in 2008) and when I saw The Killers in 2008 (another sold out gig in minutes) there were people behind me in the box just talking all the way through, spilled their wine on my coat. I think they were there just to say they were there not because they were a fan. Regardless of that I really love the Royal Albert Hall and feel so lucky I managed to get tickets to see them there again.

It's unlike anywhere else, never get tired of it :)

I don't know how many times we've been, first time was 92. We've always been very lucky with the crowd wherever we were in there. And the staff do wade in for misbehaviour if they can.

Got a Grand Tier box for John Williams in a fortnight so crossing our fingers we won't be sharing it with bellends.. At least we've got the front row :)

I'm still yet to go and that's part of why I'm gutted I missed out, as it looks like such a wonderful venue. One of the first music DVDs I bought was The Killers one in 2009 (almost missed out on tickets to that show) and it looked fantastic.

Maybe Interpol in a few weeks is an option. Maybe.