2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

This is an unusual experience. I'm a regular RAH patron and have never seen behaviour like this. After all, you'd presume to be a fan if you're paying over £100 for a ticket. That said, there are always people there on comps, who are less engaged. But also bear in mind that not everyone has the same expectations of gig behaviour - though I'd still expect the venue to be standing and on fire from the get go with Muse!

Wishing everyone who got tickets a great time. Still a few regrets about giving up the seats I had in the presale, but my pocket thanks me..!

99.9% of the time, comp tickets at the RAH are in the stalls blocks closest to the stage, and then there are people in the boxes who've got tickets through corporate connections. Standing tickets are a rarity if you're trying to blag in for free though, so standing at this gig should be pretty solid :happy:

Found this one out the hard way when I went to see Ghost in September - I've got a 'Friend of the Royal Albert Hall' membership and got brilliant seats in the stalls block closest to the stage... unfortunately I was surrounded by Industry Types (including a few lovely people who I know, to be fair) and a lot of empty seats, so the mood was considerably more subdued there than it was elsewhere in the venue.

They weren't even offering standing tickets to RAH Friends for this gig though, so it's pretty much guaranteed that they've all gone to fans. Which means standing should be off the chain :D

Which means standing should be off the chain :D

I really hope so!! Pyscho tour, SBE was mental in standing, how a muse gig should be IMO.

But at the drones tour, standing was really dull. There were a few good moments like the end of reapers but man, I'd never been so still in a standing muse crowd.

In all the times i've seen Muse i've still never caught them coming or leaving from a gig for a meet or pic, and from what's been posted it might not happen at RAH either. Most times I don't have the patience to try but for this gig, I'm going to have the whole day free. Is it basically a non starter?

2 more, good stalls seats!

They went within two minutes of the alert. I went on it immediately but it already showed as in someone else's basket.

It's good to see tickets appearing though, I'm still hopeful of getting some even though I don't expect to.

:musesign:

Hi guys, first of all i´m really sorry if i make some mistake with this post (i´m from Argentina and my english is really basic).

My wife and i will travel to London for holidays, and we have our flight back to Argentina at december 4rd, so you can imagine that this gig is like a gift for us (specially for her, to see Muse in the UK is her dream). We pre ordered the album but the early access (we woke up at 4:45AM for the time difference) was completely useless, the tickets dissapair in a second. Then we tried again (12/10 4:45am again) and we couldn´t made it. So now i´m with the Twickets website open every day, refreshing and refreshing but there is always someone faster than me.

I´m completly desperate! I actually sent a message to the Matt´s instagram :facepalm: so you can imagine how desperate i am.

I need two tickets, but at least i want one ticket for my wife, i want to give her this special gift and make her dream come true. So i´ll keep trying with Twickets, but if you have a ticket for sale or know about someone who has a spare ticket please please please notice me.

Thanks to all, sorry again for my english and this intromission in the forum but this is the only thing left to do.

advice needed from others: should i make an effort to get to this gig, or would travel + ticket cost + etc. exceed the benefit ultimately received?

never been to RAH.

unknown factor largely may be the balance of ST yet to be released.

decisions, decisions.

leaning against. made the trek for SBE, but dunno if it's worth it this go-around...

advice needed from others: should i make an effort to get to this gig, or would travel + ticket cost + etc. exceed the benefit ultimately received?

never been to RAH.

unknown factor largely may be the balance of ST yet to be released.

decisions, decisions.

leaning against. made the trek for SBE, but dunno if it's worth it this go-around...

Honestly totally depends on how you value these things, I know someone like me is more than willing to travel and drop a couple of hundred pounds on fairly average sets ‘cos it’s my main hobby :chuckle:

Gig’s already special with it being RAH but I’d say it’s more likely than not we’ll see one or two one-off performances as well. What would you say would need to be the bare minimum for you to feel like it was worth it?

Honestly totally depends on how you value these things, I know someone like me is more than willing to travel and drop a couple of hundred pounds on fairly average sets ‘cos it’s my main hobby :chuckle:

Gig’s already special with it being RAH but I’d say it’s more likely than not we’ll see one or two one-off performances as well. What would you say would need to be the bare minimum for you to feel like it was worth it?

it looks like £1,200 would be total for travel, two night stay, and a ticket.

hmm...

£1,200 for maybe one rare song. Let's go. :LOL:

But seeing as you have that "#murica" location set, perhaps you are desperate enough to do it. If it's standing arena, then perhaps you can convince yourself that it would be for good crowd experience, if it's seated, I wouldn't bother imo.

Oh well yeah defo won’t be worth that, unless you literally have money to burn :chuckle:

I think most of us are expecting a mostly standard set tbh

£1,200 for maybe one rare song. Let's go. :LOL:

But seeing as you have that "#murica" location set, perhaps you are desperate enough to do it. If it's standing arena, then perhaps you can convince yourself that it would be for good crowd experience, if it's seated, I wouldn't bother imo.

i guess that's the ultimate question -- money to burn, or not? quite frankly, unless rumors surface of a setlist filled with a decent amount of rarities...i feel an expenditure of disposable income may not be justified.

perhaps i'll revisit circumstances after the full album is released and if they're any decent discounted flight fares at the time.

i guess that's the ultimate question -- money to burn, or not? quite frankly, unless rumors surface of a setlist filled with a decent amount of rarities...i feel an expenditure of disposable income may not be justified.

perhaps i'll revisit circumstances after the full album is released and if they're any decent discounted flight fares at the time.

£1200 would almost cover a decent trip for some back to back euro stadium dates, esp if they're doing multiple nights in the same cities. The RAH show isn't going to compete with SBE for setlist, I reckon it's gonna be a good opportunity to see the new stuff up close and some staples.

it looks like £1,200 would be total for travel, two night stay, and a ticket.

hmm...

are you on the west coast? I'm flying over and not paying nearly that. Where are you, if you can get to Boston for cheap you can fly from BOS to Gatwick for $360 RT on Norwegian

Was delighted to snap two choir seats for this (dunno if they'll be any good for viewing?) but failed to realize that the 3rd of December is

my work's parents evening

:mad:

What time do we expect they'll come on? Need to work out whether a train to waterloo then tube gets me there on time. Might have to move the tickets on :'(