2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

You're crazy for wanting to do that this time of year! Best to ask them on Twitter, they're pretty responsive and usually pretty helpful.

Just to warn you though, the venue is incredibly notorious for being incredibly warm inside (even with the new air conditioning). When I went to see Ghost I was just wearing two t shirts (one I previously had on, the other bought at the gig - jacket was in cloakroom) and was sweating like crazy.

Yeah...can’t really argue with that, there is something wrong with me :chuckle: aye, I was thinking about dropping them an email or tweet, I know sometimes they can say something like “we don’t encourage it” but still let people though

Thanks for the tip about the heat, I’ll be extra careful with what I wear ‘cos I’m usually quite bad for overheating at a gig

It'll be a cold lonely night, there's really no need.

Idk...I know it’s December but I know what Muse fans are like and I want that barrier spot

I’d be well prepped with a foil blanket and food :$

Yeah...can’t really argue with that, there is something wrong with me :chuckle: aye, I was thinking about dropping them an email or tweet, I know sometimes they can say something like “we don’t encourage it” but still let people though

Thanks for the tip about the heat, I’ll be extra careful with what I wear ‘cos I’m usually quite bad for overheating at a gig

Idk...I know it’s December but I know what Muse fans are like and I want that barrier spot

I’d be well prepped with a foil blanket and food :$

But are you going to queue outside at 1, 7 or 12? Bits of the building are open during the day - there's every chance you'll still be queuing outside where your ticket tells you too while people are already inside at one of the actual arena entrances.

Anyone else here doing Gallery Standing? I’m hoping they haven’t gone mad with selling tickets up there, and hoping that everyone gets a place leaning on the railing.

Unsure how early to get there for Gallery, and I’m also unsure where the best view will be, given it goes pretty much the full perimeter. I’m thinking at roughly 8 or 9 o clock if the stage is at 12, so I’m towards Matt’s side.

Ooh my ticket has arrived! :happy:

Edit: noticed my entry point is door 7 and not door 1, are there two entrances to the standing arena?

Also edit: the tickets were sent by special delivery so make sure you’re in to receive it or you better make a quick trip to the post office.

Edited by Destroya

Ooh my ticket has arrived! :happy:

Edit: noticed my entry point is door 7 and not door 1, are there two entrances to the standing arena?

Also edit: the tickets were sent by special delivery so make sure you’re in to receive it or you better make a quick trip to the post office.

12 entrances, at least 3 get you into standing.

But are you going to queue outside at 1, 7 or 12? Bits of the building are open during the day - there's every chance you'll still be queuing outside where your ticket tells you too while people are already inside at one of the actual arena entrances.

Just got me ticket and 7 apparently. Are you saying barrier is pot luck as to which doors open first then, or do I just need to be savvy as to where I queue?

Just got me ticket and 7 apparently. Are you saying barrier is pot luck as to which doors open first then, or do I just need to be savvy as to where I queue?

Both! You could be front at door 1, get in first and still be beaten to the barrier by 7 because of the second doors inside. You can also choose a completely different door and dash to the arena entrance inside but you really need to know your way around - being round makes it very hard to navigate if you've not been before.

Both! You could be front at door 1, get in first and still be beaten to the barrier by 7 because of the second doors inside. You can also choose a completely different door and dash to the arena entrance inside but you really need to know your way around - being round makes it very hard to navigate if you've not been before.

Hm, okay I might just arrive early morning instead if it’s unpredictable. Trying to look at the venue plan atm to work out my best route, idk if you already know but looks like there’s some central stairs down right to the left of 7. That way in’s furthest away from barrier compared to the other stairs that seem to come up right next to it but...it just seems a big faff/risk to jog all the way round to one of them.

I’m defo messing this up and not getting barrier :chuckle:

Hm, okay I might just arrive early morning instead if it’s unpredictable. Trying to look at the venue plan atm to work out my best route, idk if you already know but looks like there’s some central stairs down right to the left of 7. That way in’s furthest away from barrier compared to the other stairs that seem to come up right next to it but...it just seems a big faff/risk to jog all the way round to one of them.

I’m defo messing this up and not getting barrier :chuckle:

So there’s doors... within doors? And they don’t all open at 6:30?

's no biggie unless you want to get on the barrier and every second counts.. Arena standing is actually really small and cosy so no rush for everyone else.

So does that mean that like 6:30 is buoilding entry time and then there’s another queue until half 7? So like people mill about inside before the arena itself opens?

So does that mean that like 6:30 is buoilding entry time and then there’s another queue until half 7? So like people mill about inside before the arena itself opens?

You queue at your door, they scan tickets, do bag searches and then you're in for merch, toilets, bar etc.

They don't always open the auditorium doors straight away or at the same time so, yeah - there can be lots of milling and there are multiple doors into the same areas

You queue at your door, they scan tickets, do bag searches and then you're in for merch, toilets, bar etc.

They don't always open the auditorium doors straight away or at the same time so, yeah - there can be lots of milling and there are multiple doors into the same areas

You reckon it’s worth jogging round to another inside door if the one you first come to isn’t open, or safer to just stay and wait?

You reckon it’s worth jogging round to another inside door if the one you first come to isn’t open, or safer to just stay and wait?

Nope! No way of knowing, just don't waste time getting to the nearest arena entrance and expect a quick ticket check before going back upstairs.

Nope! No way of knowing, just don't waste time getting to the nearest arena entrance and expect a quick ticket check before going back upstairs.

Yeah, figured that’d be the case :chuckle: thanks for the knowledge

Knowing me, luck won’t be on my side, out of the 3 entrances I could’ve drawn I’ve already got the one furthest away :rolleyes: but fingers crossed

Yeah, figured that’d be the case :chuckle: thanks for the knowledge

Knowing me, luck won’t be on my side, out of the 3 entrances I could’ve drawn I’ve already got the one furthest away :rolleyes: but fingers crossed

Hey, you get 2 staircases up instead of 1 back there - even more pressure!

Got a red PO card so got to collect mine on Mon..

This is so confusing :LOL:

So do we know which doors (from the outside) give you access to the arena? Is it only two? 7 and?

I'm still a bit confused about the doors within that you're talking about - are those the ones that go to the arena directly? Stairs up I mean? Looking at the map venue I can't figure it out:LOL: