Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I think having heard the versions since (as that was the first one live), it's only got better and better. That version is very loose and Matt seems to struggle with the timing on the guitar stabs, which leaves a lot of dead space in the sound at times. It's def a good performance, but I think it's definitely got plenty of room to improve.

I think the main thing I like about the performance is that the A4s at the start aren't jarringly high in the mix as they have been at other performances. Agree that it's not the best of that song so far though - think that would have to be the MTV gig performance from the crowd footage I've seen

Just saw on Instagram that Matt had a custom Manson bass built for Chris' 40th birthday. Awesome.

The CW-1, love it :LOL:

Weird seeing that design with 4 strings though, can’t help but feel it’d look a bit small on Chris compared to Matt :chuckle: v cute though

Matt has to play Algorithm on guitar instead of keyboard, maybe using that tone from PiB from that one gig where they played Eternally Missed.

Him constantly going back and forth from the mic to the piano was a bit ridiculous, and the chorus sounds so empty without any guitar.

Also just thinking about it, it's kinda weird that Chris never did the Unsustainable vocals instead of Matt, given that he has a higher chest range.

Would've been better than omitting them totally as they did on the T2L tour.

I just find it strange Matt never game them a go when his voice was at its strongest. Still sounds good now, mind.

The reason he feels like he can do it now is probably because it’s almost the only A4 belt he has to do for the entire gig. Back in 2012 there was Madness with the proper ending, Survival with both A4 and Bb4, Supremacy with G#4 and A4, Panic Station with A4 and Follow Me with loads of G#4.

Will say, as much as I like the medley, I hope they aren’t planning on keeping it exactly the same every night. Would get tired really quickly with it being so long I think - for the band as well, not just us who follow the performances. Shouldn’t be hard either, given how interchangable the songs are and having stuff like Hyper Music, Yes Please, US, Execution Commentary, the GOB riff and TSP waiting in the wings.

Will say, as much as I like the medley, I hope they aren’t planning on keeping it exactly the same every night. Would get tired really quickly with it being so long I think - for the band as well, not just us who follow the performances. Shouldn’t be hard either, given how interchangable the songs are and having stuff like Hyper Music, Yes Please, US, Execution Commentary, the GOB riff and TSP waiting in the wings.

They may keep it, the crowd were going absolutely crazy behind you. It got a really good reaction.

They may keep it, the crowd were going absolutely crazy behind you. It got a really good reaction.

Oh yeah, keep it, I’m just saying vary what’s in it from night to night to keep it fresh.

Say...rotate New Born with US, Stockholm with Butterflies, Dead Star with Hyper Music, Micro Cuts with Yes Please, etc.

Oh yeah, keep it, I’m just saying vary what’s in it from night to night to keep it fresh.

Say...rotate New Born with US, Stockholm with Butterflies, Dead Star with Hyper Music, Micro Cuts with Yes Please, etc.

On the screens at the mixing desk it's just called Metal Medley 120bpm (might have misremembered the number...) but on paper the songs are individually listed. I reckon they'll mix it up to keep it fresh..

You need it for the "riff". But it doesn't really use it much.

Don't technically even 'need' it really. Can happily play it in standard. If anything you can use it more to really thicken out the chorus chords.

EDIT: Fan just asked Matt on instagram whether 15 minutes of metal would stick around and he replied "yes with some variation maybe."

"maybe" :rolleyes:

Edited by heyjackk

The variation is what scares me.

Suuuurely they can’t botch this segment? (inb4 “they already have” btw you fuckers)

I mean, I can’t think of anything they could rotate in/out that could significantly downgrade it. Unless your fear is it just gets shorter and cool stuff gets left out?