Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Do any of you think there will be more North American dates later in the summer or in the fall? There are several holes in the tour map where I think they could play.

LA (possibly 2 shows)

Denver

Portland

Seattle

Vancouver

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Minneapolis

Nashville

Ohio (preferably Columbus, since I live there)

Indianapolis?

Pittsburgh?

Buffalo?

Raleigh?

Tampa?

A few in Mexico

Just wondering if you think I should nab a Detroit ticket, or hold out for an Ohio show? Traveling 4 hours to Detroit on a weeknight for a concert is tricky, due to work, kids in school, none of my friends or my wife would be willing to make the trip to Detroit on a weeknight, etc. But I will do it if I have to.

Edited by podiumboy

Tickets in USA are even more expensive than for example RHCP tickets were. You can't expect those to sell well. I just don't get it :LOL: Maybe they figured out that Muse has a core of like 5-10k in every city that will always pay and that reducing ticket price won't get much more people in

Tickets in USA are even more expensive than for example RHCP tickets were. You can't expect those to sell well. I just don't get it :LOL: Maybe they figured out that Muse has a core of like 5-10k in every city that will always pay and that reducing ticket price won't get much more people in

Hopefully, the poor ticket sales are because of the holiday shopping where money becomes tight for everyone this time of year. I'm sure things will pick up after the new year.

I have a sports cable package to watch out of market games and consequently the tv commercials from each of those markets. I've seen ads promoting the Muse shows in Florida, DC and maybe other places. The venues are doing their part to get the word out there.

It is kinda strange seeing your game go to commercial and out of nowhere Matt pops up on the screen.

Even in the UK, the shows are not selling as well as in the past. It has previously been standard that they announce a second stadium show for London - it looks as though that is not going to happen this time.

Although ST went to number one in the UK, it sold considerably less on debut and in the following weeks compared to Drones.

My thought is that if Detroit, Phoenix, Atlanta, etc are worthy of shows, then why not Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. Clearly they aren't opposed to playing half full arenas. I wish they'd do one show in Columbus, and they could draw in the fans from Cleveland and Cincinnati and all over the state of Ohio. That's just selfish thinking for me, because I live near Columbus. We have a 5,000 capacity amphitheater that Muse could fill up no problem.

My thought is that if Detroit, Phoenix, Atlanta, etc are worthy of shows, then why not Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. Clearly they aren't opposed to playing half full arenas. I wish they'd do one show in Columbus, and they could draw in the fans from Cleveland and Cincinnati and all over the state of Ohio. That's just selfish thinking for me, because I live near Columbus. We have a 5,000 capacity amphitheater that Muse could fill up no problem.

I guess it's possible that they could add most of those shows after Chicago and work their way back to finish in LA (instead of playing there after Oakland) before heading over to Europe. Denver and the Pacific NW are pretty surprising omissions. I guess I just don't foresee a second leg or anything later in the year at all. I'd love to be wrong though haha

Just looked at MSG map, and they are seriously charging $100 for upper level tickets!! And there are a bunch left. Do they think they're U2 or the Rolling Stones? They deserve to play to empty seats if they think that's gonna fly.

I thought you were referring to nosebleeds! The upper level tix are $65, and lower bowl are $100. Usually lower bowl is comparable to whatever GA pricing is.

Just looked at MSG map, and they are seriously charging $100 for upper level tickets!! And there are a bunch left. Do they think they're U2 or the Rolling Stones? They deserve to play to empty seats if they think that's gonna fly.

For the record, U2 were charging $325 for lower bowl seats (and some uppers) on their last arena tour. I'm a U2 fan and all but I had to pass on that nonsense. Maybe next time.

• 3 weeks later...
Any talk on UK support acts? At this rate probably gonna be some absolute bollocks like post malone :LOL:

I’d...be alright with that tbh

Probs need to be a big name though, pretty poppy considering the album and one that’s relatively current to help sell out the shows. Chvrches aren’t busy around that time tmk.

Any talk on UK support acts? At this rate probably gonna be some absolute bollocks like post malone :LOL:

I know very little about Post Malone but he can hopefully be an improvement on Dizzee Rascal. Though presumably as he's big enough to headline Reading (or at least co-headline it with 21 Pilots), he's too big in the UK for the upcoming shows.

Yungblud is presumably highly likely to appear at least one show. Would be very much on board if Chvrches got the gig - love their stuff. Presumably Let's Eat Grandma, who are supporting Chvrches in a few weeks, would also be a possible shout if we're looking at supports with the synth-style. Plus Nothing but Thieves are around (playing Newcastle with Foals the week before the London Stadium gig) so maybe they'll get another go.

Just been on my mind lately since I think I’m about to buy some more tickets for Europe but, with how integral the band are making these extra performers seem to the show (almost like it’s built around them), how much are you lot thinking this might restrict rotation and any possible surprise appearances? Are they expected to be involved with every song to some extent, or just certain ones like the Drones last time round?