NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

What songs do you think Muse will play in this tour? Do you think they might play any rarities?

This seems kind of like a different tour because it isnt promoting any recent albums and they are also doing it with 30stm which sounds so bizarre.

:

Also;

New at the forums, traveling from Honduras all the way to florida just to see Muse live for the first time.

EDIT: Thread title has ben edited to General Discussion thread as we do not need a setlist specific thread for every gig and tour. Setlist can be discussed here amongst other thing.

Edited by L.

I did a little research earlier and apparently, before BHaR was released, Muse toured the US and tested out some of the new songs. I'm hoping it'll be something like that for a new album. Following their recent patterns, it seems like they've been releasing an album every 3 years since Absolution. If it isn't, though, I bet it'll be mainly Drones with some T2L and SMBH. I'll be going to Austin, Tx from Houston so it'll only be about a 3-4 hour drive.

I really hope you get a good set, never fun when you travel a long distance and get a mediocre-greatest hits set.

i really hope so, i expect no rarities, i just want to see them live so anything beyond a mediocre-greatest hits set would be a win

One or two rotating rarities are possible (especially if there are some warm-up club shows beforehand) but I'd imagine the sets will very much be greatest hits/festival fodder.

I did a little research earlier and apparently, before BHaR was released, Muse toured the US and tested out some of the new songs. I'm hoping it'll be something like that for a new album. Following their recent patterns, it seems like they've been releasing an album every 3 years since Absolution. If it isn't, though, I bet it'll be mainly Drones with some T2L and SMBH. I'll be going to Austin, Tx from Houston so it'll only be about a 3-4 hour drive.

Pretty sure they said around TR's release that they'd never test out unreleased songs like that again, so I'd say categorically no to any stuff from LP8. That said, there should be a new song or two released reasonably soon so there'll probs be that.

I really hope you get a good set, never fun when you travel a long distance and get a mediocre-greatest hits set.

I had a great time in Paris :phu:

Edited by Jobby

Given the political climate here these days, it'll be interesting to see if they are heavier on those types of songs this year.

I was watching the Rome DVD tonight and was thinking the same thing when Animals came on.

Animals, Take a Bow, MK Ultra, City of Delusion, Megalomania, Handler, Globalist – all would be pretty appropriate over here.

I'm guessing the sets will be quite shit, since it's a double headliner and a North American tour.

As for testing new material, when they did it in the US pre-BHaR this continent was pretty much uncharted territory, where they allowed themselves the luxury of having some freedom and fun in smaller clubs. With the way they over plan their gigs now, I doubt we'll see anything that's still in development (except for failing props, maybe), and I believe the band has said as much a couple years ago. But who knows, maybe they'll try a fresh approach this time. (They won't)

Edit: If you're seeing them for the first time I imagine it's worth it either way, as long as they play for a decent amount of time. It's a matter of taste, but I myself would prefer a greatest hits type setlist over the Drones tour setlist for a first time gig, so it'll be ok.

Edited by That Little Animal

It doesn't appear to be billed as a double headliner, really. There's every possibility of Muse playing a full set, especially since their "full set" is pretty damn short.

I wouldn't anticipate them playing anything other than the US Drones setlist, though, with less props.

I'm sure the days of them doing unreleased material live are well gone.

I was watching the Rome DVD tonight and was thinking the same thing when Animals came on.

Animals, Take a Bow, MK Ultra, City of Delusion, Megalomania, Handler, Globalist – all would be pretty appropriate over here.

I mean...if you're lucky, you might get the last two :awesome:

I mean...if you're lucky, you might get the last two :awesome:

True... but just for kicks here would be a nice anti-trump set

Drill Sargent >>

Psycho

Reapers

Handler

Uprising

MK Ultra

JFK>> Defector

Ruled By Secrecy

Megalomania

Animals

Unnatural Selection

Assassin

Stockholm Syndrome

Citizen Erased >>

Take a Bow

Globalist

--------------

City of Delusion

Supremacy

Survival

they have gone a little overboard with political conspiracy songs in the last 12 years :LOL:

I am not expecting anything special. Like Kueller I just want to see Reapers since I missed the Drones tour.

It is not being billed as a double headliner. Its Muse and special guests, so I think we get a full set. But given the history im not expecting more than 17 songs and some filler.

Showbiz from Hullabaloo played on shuffle this morning, and it brought a tear to my eye. What happened to this band, like seriously?

Semi-realistic hopes for this tour. Plenty of rotations to keep it interesting and fair.

Dead Inside

SMBH

Psycho/Defector

Bliss/Hyper Music

MotP/Hysteria

Resistance/Undisclosed Desires

B&H/Assassin

-WPB Jam-

Sunburn/Feeling Good

Apocalypse Please/Ruled by Secrecy

New Born/Citizen Erased

Starlight

Madness

TIRO

Reapers/Stockholm Syndrome

---

Uprising

Mercy/Revolt

KoC

Edited by halo eighteen

I think they will use the 2016 festival stage for the US tour & for the US/Canada Festival.

The average setlist might be :

[drill sergeant]

01. Psycho

02. Plug in Baby

03. Interlude + Hysteria

04. Map of the Problematique / Bliss / B&H /

05. Resistance / Invincible (yeah i Know)

06. Isolated System + The Handler

07. SMBH

08. Dead Inside

09. Munich Jam or a brand new Jam "Orlando Jam" or West Palm Beach Jam"

10. Madness

11. Starlight

12. Time is Running out

13. Stockholm Syndrome

14. Reapers / Take a Bow / Unnatural Selection

15. Uprising

16. Mercy

17. MWAH + Knight of Cydonia

Edited by titoufou17

I think they will use the 2016 festival stage for the US tour & for the US/Canada Festival.

The average setlist might be :

[drill sergeant]

01. Psycho

02. Plug in Baby

03. Interlude + Hysteria

04. Map of the Problematique / Bliss / B&H /

05. Resistance / Invincible (yeah i Know)

06. Isolated System + The Handler

07. SMBH

08. Dead Inside

09. Munich Jam or a brand new Jam "Orlando Jam" or West Palm Beach Jam"

10. Madness

11. Starlight

12. Time is Running out

13. Stockholm Syndrome

14. Reapers / Take a Bow / Unnatural Selection

15. Uprising

16. Mercy

17. MWAH + Knight of Cydonia

Yeah unfortunately I think this is what it's gonna be as well, except I don't think there will be that solid of a rotation in your number 4 slot, I think it'll probably just be MotP lol which I could live without seeing a 4th time

• 2 weeks later...
True... but just for kicks here would be a nice anti-trump set

Drill Sargent >>

Psycho

Reapers

Handler

Uprising

MK Ultra

JFK>> Defector

Ruled By Secrecy

Megalomania

Animals

Unnatural Selection

Assassin

Stockholm Syndrome

Citizen Erased >>

Take a Bow

Globalist

--------------

City of Delusion

Supremacy

Survival

they have gone a little overboard with political conspiracy songs in the last 12 years :LOL:

Why would Muse do an anti-trump set? Muse has always been pretty anti-globalist. Trump's whole agenda is anti globalist. Unless you're being brainwashed by the bullshit msm.

Unless you're being brainwashed by the bullshit msm.
It's amazing how it's always the people you think that end up posting these things. Like, I'm not in the least surprised that you'd say that.

Anyway, newsflash, it's possible to be anti-globalist and still be anti-trump.