NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

So the 2nd leg will begin in 4 days and will last 2 weeks for 9 gigs with two festivals. Based on the first two setlist i think the kind of rotation we will find will be

Resistance / Bliss / Map of The Problematique

The Handler / Stockholm Syndrome / Citizen Erased

Undisclosed Desires / Dead Inside

i think they might drop the all New Kind of Kick awful thing and replace it by...nothing or Man of Mystery if we get crazy

Those rotations are all extremely unfair. Honestly when they swapped The Handler for SS it was a wtf moment. SS is a great song don't get me wrong but they've been playing it forever. Muse didn't come to STL during the Drones tour so I really hope I get to see The Handler.

So the 2nd leg will begin in 4 days and will last 2 weeks for 9 gigs with two festivals. Based on the first two setlist i think the kind of rotation we will find will be

Resistance / Bliss / Map of The Problematique

The Handler / Stockholm Syndrome / Citizen Erased

Undisclosed Desires / Dead Inside

i think they might drop the all New Kind of Kick awful thing and replace it by...nothing or Man of Mystery if we get crazy

Those rotations are all extremely unfair. Honestly when they swapped The Handler for SS it was a wtf moment. SS is a great song don't get me wrong but they've been playing it forever. Muse didn't come to STL during the Drones tour so I really hope I get to see The Handler.

Yeah, if you go purely off of the limited evidence so far, we only have Handler/SS and DI/UD. Everything played in Orlando on 5/18 was played in the other two Florida gigs, just with a couple of songs in a different order.

In the three Florida shows, everything up to Isolated System has been the same songs in the same order (Orlando skipping Resistance).

When actually is this next gig? I'm in Japan and the maths is ALL wrong .

Oh, tonight actually.

Hadn't exactly been anticipating it enough to keep the date in mind :chuckle:

Edit: ~9 hours I think, so 11am in Japan?

Thought there might be a greater alteration to the setlist from Tampa than simply reverting back to the one played in Miami. Then again, usually the way, no?

Yeah, wouldn't expect owt to change until the Canadian and UK dates. Sad, but they just don't care enough about the US shows to bother. Shame the gigs'll still be short af though, even if they do step it up. Just gotta assume stuff like Resistance and DI/UD and maybe NKOK will make way for rarer stuff.

Yeah, wouldn't expect owt to change until the Canadian and UK dates. Sad, but they just don't care enough about the US shows to bother. Shame the gigs'll still be short af though, even if they do step it up. Just gotta assume stuff like Resistance and DI/UD and maybe NKOK will make way for rarer stuff.

Its all timed to be 95 minutes, which is only about 5-10 minutes longer than the Psycho Tour, nevermind with all the faff or sucking up a not-insubstantial chunk with The Globalist and Drones.

I'm expecting something a little different for the 3 August UK shows, not least given Matt has said they're working on a different production for those gigs. There'll probably be some other way to incorporate faff though.

Its all timed to be 95 minutes, which is only about 5-10 minutes longer than the Psycho Tour, nevermind with all the faff or sucking up a not-insubstantial chunk with The Globalist and Drones.

I know - mad. When you consider that the filler is about 15 minutes of that, you're talking 80 minutes of actual gig.

I'm in a weird place with supporting them atm. I'm still interested in what they put out and can count on the gigs over here still having stuff that I'll enjoy but watching them be progressively shittier to US fans and knowing they have the potential to act like that is...tough.

Never assume anything with this band.

:(

You must be new here...

:chuckle:

They've already alluded to the fact that at least R+L will be different/better tbf, I was just guessing which songs could make way (since I don't reckon the set length'll improve). You're right though, the Handler slot'll probs make way instead.

Edited by Jobby

Is Firefly Festival live streamed?

I know - mad. When you consider that the filler is about 15 minutes of that, you're talking 80 minutes of actual gig.

I'm in a weird place with supporting them atm. I'm still interested in what they put out and can count on the gigs over here still having stuff that I'll enjoy but watching them be progressively shittier to US fans and knowing they have the potential to act like that is...tough.

:chuckle:

They've already alluded to the fact that at least R+L will be different/better tbf, I was just guessing which songs could make way (since I don't reckon the set length'll improve). You're right though, the Handler slot'll probs make way instead.

I've seen a few other bands give their US crowds more interesting setlists than their European crowds but yeah, in the last few years, its not been great on that side of the Atlantic.

The amount of filler and faff since the Drones Tour proper started is weird. I could get why it was in heavy use on the tour because they were using this much more show-offy production with elements introduced incrementally, and playing full Globalist with Drones outro made sense in those in that environment. But I really don't see why its being kept for the festival tour, even if I felt The Globalist was the best song of their Glastonbury set. Also, its the same faff this year as it was in 2015/16. Surely they'd jazz it up a bit?

I know they want a different production for Reading and Leeds, and talk of bringing some different tracks into the setlist. Although it may well mean different faff at this rate. :chuckle:

Interested to see tonight if they do that weird thing where they make their festival setlist better than their own show.

Nevermind, they only have an hour and 15 minutes, so it'll probably be the same, minus The Handler or something.

Edited by Matthz

I should've known something was going on when they posted that "Time to discuss tonight's set list" instagram story. I'm okay with having missed Motp in Tampa as I saw it on my Drones tour show but would still take it over Resistance any day, Bliss hurts though :( especially since they apparently soundchecked it in Tampa but didn't end up playing it, Why do you do this to me Muse