NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

Perhaps an odd observation from Bunbury the other night, but during the final chorus of SS as Matt sings 'abandon you' he drops both arms to his side. I don't think I've ever seen him sing without holding onto either a mic or guitar.

I was right in front of him the entire night, and for some reason, this was one of the most memorable moments. I thought it was epic.

Best I can find of it is from that video posted earlier.

I've listened to the proshot Dig Down and also crowd versions and it really is hugely underwhelming live, or at least appears to be from the videos. It also strikes me as a terrible opener too.

Also, that proshot gratuitously shows off the amount of playback involved :(.

:vomit: When they play that crap, I'll be getting in line for a drink.

I haven't looked at any setlists yet. I'll probably cave.

I've listened to the proshot Dig Down and also crowd versions and it really is hugely underwhelming live, or at least appears to be from the videos. It also strikes me as a terrible opener too.

At least, the opening slot gets it out of the way early in the set.

Also, that proshot gratuitously shows off the amount of playback involved :(.

I think it's an odd choice of an opener but considering the slow songs already in the set trying to fit it in somewhere would make it too slow for too long.

As far live sound it sounded pretty good to me. I was at bunbury and aside from a vocal track on the second chorus I didn't notice much playback.

Damn, maybe it was just the quality of the periscope but Matt actually did so much better with The Handler vocals tonight. He actually belted the end and then went into this extended falsetto moan thing. And the falsettos before that sounded pretty on-point. Still wasn't perfect, but he at least made the effort this time.

Edited by Tesseract

Ended up getting $6 GA tickets and making the drive down. It was the same exact set from Nashville but a better overall performance. Matt sounded better and interacted with the crowd much more than he did Saturday. Wish I could have heard something different but it was still worth it. I'm glad I made the trip for round 2.

Was at the show. Matt sounded strong tonight and though it was the standard set the performances were very good. Dig Down isn't a good opener though, and A New Kind of Kick definitely brought weird vibes with the crowd.

EDIT:

Damn, maybe it was just the quality of the periscope but Matt actually did so much better with The Handler vocals tonight. He actually belted the end and then went into this extended falsetto moan thing. And the falsettos before that sounded pretty on-point. Still wasn't perfect, but he at least made the effort this time.

I was in the crowd and I was definitely impressed by Matt's vocals in the Handler today. I was worried he's stumble after playing PiB but he nailed the falsettos.

Edited by BigGeorge

I wanted to like the show a lot, but I ended up feeling really disappointed. Definitely because of the setlist, but mostly because nothing hit hard the entire show. I noticed there were speakers hanging right in front where I was sitting and expected them to come on with Muse, but no audio ever came out of them.

Varies often afaik. He's using one with a whammy atm though.

True, didn't catch that yet, wonder if he used that at Tampa i couldn't see the guitar too well from my pov but I remember enjoying the sustainiac squeals in that particular spot lol