NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

People don't even seem to understand the meaning of the political words and phrases they parrot.

Like the whole "omg, Trump is a populist! He's for the people!"

Guess what, Sanders is also a populist... (and a far more popular one.)

We get so sucked into political rhetoric that we have to worship everything linked to our party, or our candidate, or some jackass who supports a couple of our personal views? That's the real bullshit.

Anyways, the thought of Muse doing an obvious political set, in the US, is laughable. Their political songs have gotten more and more vague in the first place, and there's no way they're going to take a chance of alienating anyone in the mainstream audience they've been desperately trying to hold on to.

• 2 months later...

So... I guess we're so over Muse that we're not even going to bother complaining that this NA2017 tour is the same as the Drones Tour minus the best Drones songs and plus the two new singles but they kept the slower paced poppy stuff and are still playing The Globalist?

Aight, cool. :LOL:

I was watching the Rome DVD tonight and was thinking the same thing when Animals came on.

Animals, Take a Bow, MK Ultra, City of Delusion, Megalomania, Handler, Globalist – all would be pretty appropriate over here.

I will revooooooooolt

I will revoooooooooolt

So... I guess we're so over Muse that we're not even going to bother complaining that this NA2017 tour is the same as the Drones Tour minus the best Drones songs and plus the two new singles but they kept the slower paced poppy stuff and are still playing The Globalist?

Correct!

I just feel like it was incredibly obvious this is what was going to happen. The only thing that shocks me is dropping/rotating Dead Inside, which feels a bit silly.

The people saying this was going to be an off-cycle rarities fest were deluding themselves, and ignoring the facts of years of US Muse gigs.

I just feel like it was incredibly obvious this is what was going to happen. The only thing that shocks me is dropping/rotating Dead Inside, which feels a bit silly.

^^^

Pretty much (apart from the DI thing, saw that coming).

Only thing that's surprised me is cutting sets even shorter and how low Matt's stooped with the NKOK thing.

That is painfully embarrassing to look at. I cannot imagine standing through that "live" for 3 minutes, and am just genuinely curious what those casual crowds think of it.

And is the band still going to bitch about how unenthused the crowd is with all the down time and shit like this going on?

I had thought the sets would be shorter because they would give 30STM a longer slot, but it appears they're only played an 8-9 song set (presumably with the crowd singing more than half of it) so there's absolutely NO reason Muse should be cutting back their already terrible set length and charging so much more for the tickets.

It's a shame that they're wasting an awesome stage set up for such a bad set.

*edit: I haven't been paying attention to the interviews going on surrounding this song, but seeing the one pop up with Matt saying this new tour would be a good mix of different album's songs, and not just Drones stuff pissed me off. The only part of it that he followed through with was NKOK, which he giggles about playing...

Also, Matt thinks Soldier's Poem is on Absolution.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Also, Matt thinks Soldier's Poem is on Absolution.

Kinda understandable since it was originally written for/during Abso iirc.

Why, has he mentioned bringing it back? I'd be down tbh. Not amazing and I doubt I'd even get to see it but always got a soft spot for any Black Holes returns.

Kinda understandable since it was originally written for/during Abso iirc.

Why, has he mentioned bringing it back? I'd be down tbh. Not amazing and I doubt I'd even get to see it but always got a soft spot for any Black Holes returns.

Dom was talking about acoustic stuff, I think, what they'd done not what they were going to do. He got the album right, and Matt "corrected" him.

I'm not entirely convinced Matt knows what he's doing anymore.

I'm pretty sure he rotated Dead Inside with Stockholm, too. :erm:

I think it was UD for DI and SS for The Handler. Which is still honestly pretty shit.

I am pretty convinced he throws these sets together right before the gigs, while fighting a hang over.

Was there ever any doubt about what the setlist would be? I wondered if they would hang onto The Globalist. The rest was utterly predictable. It's great that they played Stockholm Syndrome but rotating it with The Handler is laughable. Oh well. I'm not sorry to be sitting this one out.

Except they still have the drum and bass jam.

Matt's giggling about it on the Hamms interview makes me think it *is* intended to be a joke... but one that's not going to make sense to 99% of the people there, and to piss off the people that do "get" it.

It would have been a more relevant joke if Chris and Dom walked off the stage halfway through and the music kept playing. Kind of like the jarring scene toward the end of the movie, Mulholland Drive. (Minus the context and impact, of course.) If you're going to have a mid-set WTF moment, you'd might as well go all in.

It would have been a more relevant joke if Chris and Dom walked off the stage halfway through and the music kept playing. Kind of like the jarring scene toward the end of the movie, Mulholland Drive. (Minus the context and impact, of course.) If you're going to have a mid-set WTF moment, you'd might as well go all in.

Next tour. :p

He did way worst, probably embarrased himself and dropped it for the next gig :LOL:

Um, wrong. Don't know if you were at the gig, but I was& it sounded pitch perfect from the first few rows- in no way did he struggle. I was happy to get DI in place of UD bc I'd already seen UD before & the acoustic seems to add nothing. Same with Handler- great as it is, I've already seen SS live. Handler was also great - none of the vocal struggles from videos I saw from last year. So maybe the audio doesn't translate well in recordings in general? :confused: