How could anyone listen to BH&R and say “nope, no strings there”

Confusion and delirium are pretty common side-effects of COD and Hoodoo tbf.

When I read the interview, I was so upset.

What do you think. You're happy with the occasional song?

Or am I just having a nightmare.

:wtf:

Nightmare it might be, they are putting out a record. It’s just a while away yet.

MuseWiki says there are string players credited for Take a Bow, City of Delusion, Hoodoo and Knights of Cydonia.

Although tbh I only really hear the CoD and Hoodoo ones. Where in Take a Bow and KoC would one find them?

I don't know where in KoC, but in TAB you can clearly hear them during the first one and a half minute accompaining the synth arpeggios.

If you want to listen to them even more clearly, processing the song with the Vocal Remover function in Audacity would do the trick.

I forgot about CoD and Hoodoo does indeed have strings, I don't know how I thought they didn't have strings. I can only hear strings, although I hear them as strings, in the first verse accompanying the bass synth.

How? They're in the entire song.

Oh and since you missed MK Ultra in your listing:

Edited by Tjet

Among the best string parts they've ever done, as they work perfectly inside the track.

I mean...are there any that don’t? :chuckle: Matt’s string work might actually be the most consistently decent element to his writing tbh, can’t think of any songs where they sound bad or feel out of place. The Gloablist gets a little hammy I guess? Not that he even wrote it, just maybe incorporated it heavy-handedly.

Best work has to be Hoodoo, COD, Overture, Redemption, Isolated System, Butterflies, USOE and his International end credits soundtrack though imo. Do have a big soft spot for those cut CE strings as well, even though it’s only a small part.

I mean...are there any that don’t? :chuckle: Matt’s string work might actually be the most consistently decent element to his writing tbh, can’t think of any songs where they sound bad or feel out of place. The Gloablist gets a little hammy I guess? Not that he even wrote it, just maybe incorporated it heavy-handedly.

Best work has to be Hoodoo, COD, Overture, Redemption, Isolated System, Butterflies, USOE and his International end credits soundtrack though imo. Do have a big soft spot for those cut CE strings as well, even though it’s only a small part.

Interesting, how would you say his guitar work hasn't been as consistent?