Oh was that what it was? Forgive me, that was all two years ago.

Nah it's fine, that's just the only Mercy 'leak' I can remember happening.

Only other thing I can think of is when it debuted on the radio and people hoped the bad mixing would be better on the actual album.

I think if it's very much like Madness, then Muse are heading for their most commercial period yet, which I have no real issue with as long as the songs are good. Muse can write amazing pop songs (see Madness, Starlight, etc.), and I honestly think they're primed to finally top the singles charts in the US and actually become a household name here. I for one am excited by this prospect. I loved going back to rock for Drones, but I knew they could only do that once if they hoped to continue their career for another ten or so years.

I bet the next album will be targeted straight at the charts, but with much more class and personality than, say, that new junk from Linking Park,

Yeah but... what if they went the Coldplay way?

Mike Elizondo is the producer of Dig Down, which isn't that encouraging. The guy who did the Resistance mix also did the mix for Dig Down, which is encouraging.

He's worked with Pink, Eminem, Maroon 5 and Avenged Sevenfold. Who better to produce for Muse?

Hopefully they'll go full pop soon and do a few songs with Max Martin.

Yeah but... what if they went the Coldplay way?

They can't. Coldplay have always been chart topping pop stars, even since Yellow. They haven't gone a particular way as much as changing their sound over time to stay relevant. Actually LP have kind of done the same thing, but they've usually been identified as a rock band more than a pop act, so this latest foray into blatant top 40 sounds is an outlier in their timeline, whereas Coldplay's latest pop leanings feel a little forced, but easily predictable.

So Muse can't "go the Coldplay way" because they have different starting points. Muse are rock stars in an age where rock stars aren't really also pop stars, and aren't usually household names. They could do what Linkin Park are doing, which would actually show a remarkable parallel between their careers over the past few years (hard rock / return to roots album followed by poppiest, most commercial release yet), but I agree with what other have said in that Muse aren't usually in touch enough to keep up with the trends of top 40 music, so I don't think it could be that bad in a total sellout sort of way either.

Is it? The Resistance was Muse at their dullest (mix-wise).

I actually quite like the mix on TR. I can get what you mean by dullest, there's not really much personality and it all sounds almost a bit too perfect but it is really tight

Anyone know if it's going to be available on streaming sites at midnight or if it's released at some other point tomorrow?