The crowds at the US gigs "react" to very few songs. The most exuberant were Resistance, Starlight, Madness and surprisingly TiRO, consistently.

Psycho got some "yay the band just started" cheers but didn't sustain it long.

I was surprised Uprising seemed to go over only so so at the last two I was at.

Every single thing from Drones, including the singles, the crowd was pretty dead silent.

It's sort of like watching an old band on their reunion tour that only had a couple of big hits.

It's strange how little excitement there is for the song here. I mean, I know Drones was a full album, but we were getting a post per second for hours on end before that was released, with hundreds watching the threads.

There's only like 10 of us left here.

It's depressing to get excited for one song versus an album, because if it sucks, then that's it. And it's very, very likely to be a big commercial song, while people here usually gravitate to the deeper cuts.

There's only like 10 of us left here.

It's depressing to get excited for one song versus an album, because if it sucks, then that's it. And it's very, very likely to be a big commercial song, while people here usually gravitate to the deeper cuts.

Where did everyone else go?

Who else claims that, beyond that Spanish journalist?

By the way, I'm still optimistic, because that same journalist says that around at half of its running time the song should "explode" in something much heavier than Madness.

He's the only one I've read so far, not sure if other people have seen other descriptions? This dude's talking about it a fair amount though, not just one tweet.

Haven't seen that 'explode' bit (or my translator translated it differently) but I wouldn't focus on specific words like that and 'ballad' too much since they can be more affected by opinion and how accurate the translation is. I'm just going by the general picture he's painting and atm it just sounds like a cross of Madness and DI to me.

As said before, going by journalists isn't helpful. Before Revolt came out, they were calling one of the catchiest songs they've heard and giving it tons of praise. Very few media products get anything less than praise before release.

I can't wait for tomorrow, though I'm trying to hold back my excitement so I'm not disappointed.

And that's a v accurate description of Revolt.

I'd agree but I'm not going by praise, it's actual descriptions of what the song sounds like. I know even those aren't always accurate but there's only a certain amount of ways "mellow electronic/rock ballad that builds to a grand finish" can turn out to be wrong. I mean, it ain't gonna turn out to sound like The Handler.

It's strange how little excitement there is for the song here. I mean, I know Drones was a full album, but we were getting a post per second for hours on end before that was released, with hundreds watching the threads.

Hype dried out when they built it up for 5 months with reeeally minimal teases. Plus, like you say, it's one song versus a full album.

Dead Inside was similar in structure to Madness too, but that was ultimately a much better song.

What i'm worried about is the comparisons to other Muse songs. After Resistance, I felt like Muse had trouble creating new formulas for their music where they actually pulled it off. Sure they did Unsustainable, but that wasn't very good. There were a few good tracks on Drones like Reapers and Handler that followed their own method, but otherwise the good tracks followed the foundations of other songs. Madness>DI, Starlight>Mercy, Uprising>Psycho, Exo>the Globalist, etc.

Was the acoustic tease Assassin?

I like the idea of UD with an acoustic or something different. But then I've said for a while I'd like to see Muse do more experimentation with some songs and how they play live - playing Starlight on piano, for instance.

UD hasn't really gone down amazingly well at any gig I've seen, but I'm aware its more well liked in other countries.

Reckless/Dear Sherlock back in 2008-2009 was the worst though. I mean I used to like the band but it was crazy how people still believed it when their songs were posted as Muse leaks for 3 albums in a row.

Where did everyone else go?

Hey there, I'm still here but silently reading :D

I am so excited for tomorrow but there is so less to speculate now..so I' better waiting and will be drooling over the great song tomorrow..or moaning about the cheesy one :p

I read on Twitter that some fans are pissed off about the US-tour, the promo for the song in the US only (we'll see).

It's ok to tour the US - I don't need 30stm anyway :LOL:

I think if it's very much like Madness, then Muse are heading for their most commercial period yet, which I have no real issue with as long as the songs are good. Muse can write amazing pop songs (see Madness, Starlight, etc.), and I honestly think they're primed to finally top the singles charts in the US and actually become a household name here. I for one am excited by this prospect. I loved going back to rock for Drones, but I knew they could only do that once if they hoped to continue their career for another ten or so years.

I bet the next album will be targeted straight at the charts, but with much more class and personality than, say, that new junk from Linking Park,