dat artwork :vomit:

Did it even take 5 minutes?

But we're talking the fifth most viewed Muse song on YouTube, and I remember when I saw the WM top 10 Muse songs, half of the comments were about Undisclosed Desires. I know fans don't tend to love it,but I've felt nothing but love for it from the general public, just like that of Madness.

Again, this ain't really great evidence though. A loose interpretation of comments on a YT video and what you've 'felt' from people you've spoken to is anecdotal. YT views aren't always a great reflection for popularity either, 'specially for bands that have been around for as long as Muse. Hysteria has 40m views to UD's 60 but you wouldn't say UD's the more successful song.

I like UD a lot, it's probs the best on TR, but it's shocking live and gets approximately 0.06% of a reaction.

Edited by Jobby

Yeah - pretty sure that in terms of chart performance in Europe, a Muse biggest hits setlist should really always include New Born, Bliss, Dead Star and Butterflies and Hurricanes (as well as possibly Muscle Museum and Sunburn), and UD should be out of the picture. Maybe they choose it based on Youtube video views or something colossally stupid like that.

UD actually got quite a lot of radio play in the US, and it's from their most popular US album, as well.

None of those songs you listed were even a blip in the US.

It makes perfect sense to play UD in the US, and I was rather surprised last tour when they dropped it and didn't replace it with anything.

It makes perfect sense to play UD in the US, and I was rather surprised last tour when they dropped it and didn't replace it with anything.

Crowds weren't reacting, I assume. They always seem to forget after a bit of a break though. We'll probs see the same thing happen to Reapers again, pop up for the first few gigs then slowly disappear.

Hope Defector comes back on this tour, however unlikely it is. Always bugged me never getting to see it 'cos of that "it's not the right time of the tour" bollocks.

UD actually got quite a lot of radio play in the US, and it's from their most popular US album, as well.

None of those songs you listed were even a blip in the US.

Sorry I think I put the comma in the wrong place - I meant "in terms of chart performance, in Europe a Muse biggest hits setlist should contain..." - i.e. that Europe setlists should contain those songs. Agree that UD should be played in America based on chart performance (though it's not great live)

Crowds weren't reacting, I assume.

I wasn't really paying much attention throughout the US tour but would be interested to know - what songs were US crowds reacting to? I think I read somewhere that Resistance got a huge reception in a few gigs, which surprised me from the UK ones I went to

I wasn't really paying much attention throughout the US tour but would be interested to know - what songs were US crowds reacting to?

Resistance 😒 Atleast at the show in Philly the crowd was loving it, which unfortunately gives that song an even longer live lifespan

I wasn't really paying much attention throughout the US tour but would be interested to know - what songs were US crowds reacting to? I think I read somewhere that Resistance got a huge reception in a few gigs, which surprised me from the UK ones I went to

Hard to gauge since the 360 stage neutered crowd responses/activity anyway. From what I remember - Psycho, Uprising, Resistance, Madness, Hysteria, TIRO and Knights probs got the most notable receptions.

Resistance gets one of the bigger receptions pretty much everywhere I've seen though tbf, which is why I'm fine with it sticking around even if I don't like it.

Hard to gauge since the 360 stage neutered crowd responses/activity anyway. From what I remember - Psycho, Uprising, Resistance, Madness, Hysteria, TIRO and Knights probs got the most notable receptions.

Resistance gets one of the bigger receptions pretty much everywhere I've seen though tbf, which is why I'm fine with it sticking around even if I don't like it.

Where I went, the crowd when ecstatic at Citizen Erased. Like, screaming and shouting at the top of their voices. My dad didn't even know about the song and how much fans like it :p

That doesn't mean I won't watch it, but, you know, Muse aren't famous for well conceived or compelling videos in relation to the songs, lately.

Well, Madness has an amazing video. The cinematography in that is just amazing. I mean, it fills me with joy to see such saturated, neo noir-esque imagery <3

Okay, I know I said that clip of the synth bass hook wasn't much to go by but descriptions coming out from DJs on Twitter are getting me set for disappointment. Main theme seems to be that it starts mellow and electronic with that hook but builds to a slightly bigger finish, with strong comparisons to Madness.

:/

Edit: I don't even hate Madness but doing the same thing again with a hook that similar would be so boring.

Well, Madness has an amazing video. The cinematography in that is just amazing. I mean, it fills me with joy to see such saturated, neo noir-esque imagery <3

Madness is one of the happiest exceptions.

Dig Down video seems to include incongruent elements in relation to the main ones (Dom's spanking and the rest of the band wearing suits and psychedelic techno-glasses).

But to be honest, I rarely get crazy for videoclips generally speaking, not only from Muse. I like to focus my attention on the musical aspect more, and I tend to elaborate my own imagery in the course of listening.

Okay, I know I said that clip of the synth bass hook wasn't much to go by but descriptions coming out from DJs on Twitter are getting me set for disappointment. Main theme seems to be that it starts mellow and electronic with that hook but builds to a slightly bigger finish, with strong comparisons to Madness.

Well, I like Madness. Fills me with a calming sensation. Relaxes me.

I never judge on genre, though, as I like music from every genre. It's just whether or not they get it right, and imo they usually do. If anything, it's when they go Queen that I don't like, bar once or twice.

Madness is one of the happiest exceptions.

Dig Down video seems to include incongruent elements in relation to the main ones (Dom's spanking and the rest of the band wearing suits and psychedelic techno-glasses).

But to be honest, I rarely get crazy for videoclips generally speaking, not only from Muse. I like to focus my attention on the musical aspect more, and I tend to elaborate my own imagery in the course of listening.

I don't think it looks all that good, but I'm getting a dark Mercy feel from this, with a little Revolt, as opposed to Panic Station. Think we disagree there, because I love it when Muse gets weird. It's like a peak into Matts brain :D And Dom spanking is just a Matt thing

If anything, it's when they go Queen that I don't like, bar once or twice.

One of those 'once or twice' bits wouldn't happen to be Madness' solo, would it? :chuckle:

But, nah, like I said in my edit, I'm not particularly against Madness. It'd just be really disappointing to have waited so long only for them copy it that heavily.

Edit: I don't even hate Madness but doing the same thing again with a hook that similar would be so boring.

Who else claims that, beyond that Spanish journalist?

By the way, I'm still optimistic, because that same journalist says that around at half of its running time the song should "explode" in something much heavier than Madness.

As said before, going by journalists isn't helpful. Before Revolt came out, they were calling one of the catchiest songs they've heard and giving it tons of praise. Very few media products get anything less than praise before release.

I can't wait for tomorrow, though I'm trying to hold back my excitement so I'm not disappointed.

It's strange how little excitement there is for the song here. I mean, I know Drones was a full album, but we were getting a post per second for hours on end before that was released, with hundreds watching the threads.