Just read some French magazine review, will post source later (probably will be on Reddit)

Not much but apparently Blockades is just a lovely mixture of old MUSEs best moments.

this could mean so many different things. why cant people describe the sounds better

Also went into more detail about the toll the Drones tour ended up taking on him/them. Basically feeling like they were doing the exact same show night after night, with so many dates as well, made it feel like a grind. Would explain why they looked particularly on auto-pilot or even pretty disconnected at times. Maybe spells a bit more fun and variation on this tour? Don’t wanna get carried away. Reminds me a lot of T2L coming off the TR tour.

I fucking hope so! Cut back on the choreographed spectacle a bit and just give us the music!

Longshot prediction: GU&F ends up being a fan favorite. Because...like...what if? Not saying it's likely, but I want my kudos if it happens. ;)

Sure, why not? I hope so. And if it's not a fan favourite, maybe I'll love it, which happened to me with Revolt. It's still my main candidate to most divisive song.

They also said no rarities this tour, even from Chris I think - he said something like 90% of the audience doesn't care for Shrinking Universe, Easily whatever... cheers.

EDIT: Let me be more specific, my french isn't great so I think it was more "we have a hard time balancing setlists" than "we don't want to play rares"

Edited by darksideshines

So apparently Tove sings the majority of the high notes because Matt was concerned he couldn't hit them without "screaming" :LOL:

Fair assessment of his own ability though. By listening to some women singing Muse songs I've actually realised how (while I love(d) Matt's voice) some of his melodies come out better when sung by someone who can actually give it some room to shine as opposed to just being "hit". And I've waited so long for a version of Ruled By Secrecy where someone belts the whole ending and doesn't have to switch to falsetto and ruin the whole buildup:

So damn satisfying.

Sorry I might be getting confusing I believe a separate review and interview came out today so I am just referring to what I remember from both and hope they are posted soon.

Apparently (as we guessed) every song sounds completely different but every single one has the 80s feel (good). BUT, the reviewer mentions tracks sounding like Easily, Bliss and Knights of Cydonia :$ Album got a 17/20. I guess TDS covers Bliss and Easily.

MYROCK Magazine Review (Translated from French)

Upon seeing the artwork of Muse's eighth album, we think that we are gonna listen to the soundtrack of their lives. Which is what happens, with «Algorithm», between pop, electro, and opera rock, that sounds straight out of a sci-fi movie. No songs sound like one another, except in the whole 80s feeling (Thought Contagion, The Dark Side). With a less present guitar than in past works, we could think that the band has completly changed. But some sonorities present on this album were already kind of present in Knights of Cydonia, Bliss and Easily. A madness more than ten years in the works. Notable mentions are Pressure, an explosive track, and Blockades, a melting pot of the very best of Muse. Regarding The Void as a closer, it offers the public a structure that's similar of those of previous albums, between softness and epicness. 17/20.

A mod on the Panic Station discord wanted people not to share it to keep it "exclusive" and I say fuck that nonsense.

Translated by someone called Cydonian, to give credits where they are due.

Yeah that's the one, I remember there being a good interview too (where Matt mentions Tove Lo) and talks about Propaganda's lyrics (eating souls is legit making a comeback).

Seems every other track will probably be on the same level as Pressure/TDS from a review standpoint (apart from Get Up and Fight)

MYROCK Magazine Review (Translated from French)

Upon seeing the artwork of Muse's eighth album, we think that we are gonna listen to the soundtrack of their lives. Which is what happens, with «Algorithm», between pop, electro, and opera rock, that sounds straight out of a sci-fi movie. No songs sound like one another, except in the whole 80s feeling (Thought Contagion, The Dark Side). With a less present guitar than in past works, we could think that the band has completly changed. But some sonorities present on this album were already kind of present in Knights of Cydonia, Bliss and Easily. A madness more than ten years in the works. Notable mentions are Pressure, an explosive track, and Blockades, a melting pot of the very best of Muse. Regarding The Void as a closer, it offers the public a structure that's similar of those of previous albums, between softness and epicness. 17/20.

A mod on the Panic Station discord wanted people not to share it to keep it "exclusive" and I say fuck that nonsense.

Translated by someone called Cydonian, to give credits where they are due.

Welp, thanks for crediting me hah. Now that we're here, have that too :

MYROCK French interview translation, biggest points:

-We can almost call the trio a quatuor now, as Morgan Nicholls's prescence is now essential.

-When they started working on the album, Someting Human was way more folk, and Dig Down was more gospel-y. They changed the song to make a more cohesive album.

-Dom is now the last one to record his parts, instead of being the first one in the past. He prefers this way of recording.

-They choosed to go with the whole 80s thing to go back to their «personnal» roots.

-Algorithm is close to Apocalypse Please/Supremacy, as a way of introducing the album.

-They tried to make the listener embark on a journey out of time, to make them disoriented and confused. Simulation Theory is like, another timeline. Another version of our world.

-That's why The Void is more of an «ambiant piece» than a regular song, it's as if you were floating in space.

-The general themes of the album are concentrated in Algorithm. An Intelligence (Artificial or Human) realises they live in a simuated reality, and that it is controlled by its creator. The intelligence feels betrayed, thinks the situation is injust, and tries to escape. Something Human is the most personnal song, that is the least «politics-oriented» (at least by interpretation). Which explains the lightness of the song, according to Chris.

-Tove Lo sings the highest notes in Get Up and Fight. Matt couldn't reach those unless he screamed, which he disliked.

-Everything is stylized to the max. Their faces on the album aren't there to represent the band itself, but to represent the characters of the album's story.

-Despite the electro influences, there's soundscapes that sound similar to those of Bliss, Easily and Knights of Cydonia.

-They have a hard time balancing the setlists, as they believe 95% of the people that goes to big show don't listen to many their old songs anymore (B&H, Easily and Shrinking Universe are quoted).

-For the tour visuals, they'd like to focus more on real artistic and performances instead of putting videos and drones in the air.

Edited by lastcydonian

Yeah that's the one, I remember there being a good interview too (where Matt mentions Tove Lo) and talks about Propaganda's lyrics (eating souls is legit making a comeback).

Seems every other track will probably be on the same level as Pressure/TDS from a review standpoint (apart from Get Up and Fight)

I'd say that DD/TC/SH are not on the same level though. If the other songs in the album are on that level I'd be a really happy person. Love both tracks.

Some things I found interesting:

How are they gonna do Get Up And Fight live then? Is Tove Lo gonna tour with them or are they gonna use playback? Or just not play it?

And Dig Down was changed to fit the album...meaning they actually had the album planned from the very start?