Got sidetracked from re-pointing out that, now we have the actual album length and with it being so short, this could help how people end up feeling w/ sets a bit. If you guesstimate that they play the usual 7/8 new tracks, you could be looking at that only taking up around 30-35 minutes of the gig, give or take. Would leave an hour or maybe even a smidge more for other stuff.

Got sidetracked from re-pointing out that, now we have the actual album length and with it being so short, this could help how people end up feeling w/ sets a bit. If you guesstimate that they play the usual 7/8 new tracks, you could be looking at that only taking up around 30-35 minutes of the gig, give or take. Would leave an hour or maybe even a smidge more for other stuff.

sidetrack yourself into my DMs

EDIT: I look at this as just another way of them keeping setlists shorter length-wise while having the same song count. They'll do 18 song sets and be done in an hour.

Edited by jonisdead

Will be interesting to see which singles they choose to make every gig guarantees alongside that and which are rotation.

Get the feeling SMBH, Starlight, Madness, Knights, Time Is Running Out, Uprising and possibly Psycho are going to be guaranteed which means there's probably 14-15 slots (70 odd mins + a drum and bass jam and some faffing) taken up.

sidetrack yourself into my DMs

EDIT: I look at this as just another way of them keeping setlists shorter length-wise while having the same song count. They'll do 18 song sets and be done in an hour.

i surmise you're being partly facetious.

they would NEVER do mere 60-minute sets chock-full of mostly rubbish, walk off the stage, and call it night...would they? c'mon.

unless there are epic tracks yet to be released on ST, if they play ST tracks along w/ starlight, madness, UD, uprising, hysteria, TIRO, and KOC...or some other similar combo of tired material, they're screwing themselves....or are they? perhaps not.

this band knows they have fans that love their 'crap' material...and others that love the stuff they'll rarely play again.

everyone on here knows that a 60-minute set is entirely unacceptable unless it's a festival appearance, in which case they should be headlining and get 85-90 minutes. so, in any event, a 60 minute set at any gig is just bonkers.

they aren't that old...yet.

Will be interesting to see which singles they choose to make every gig guarantees alongside that and which are rotation.

Get the feeling SMBH, Starlight, Madness, Knights, Time Is Running Out, Uprising and possibly Psycho are going to be guaranteed which means there's probably 14-15 slots (70 odd mins + a drum and bass jam and some faffing) taken up.

Yeah I think Psycho has made its way into their Must Play No Matter what list, seems like Hysteria is pretty cemented there now too. Kinda wish they’d do a Hysteria/TIRO & SMBH/MoTP at this point, I’m sure it’ll just be the ST songs plus all the must plays you listed

i surmise you're being partly facetious.

they would NEVER do mere 60-minute sets chock-full of mostly rubbish, walk off the stage, and call it night...would they? c'mon.

unless there are epic tracks yet to be released on ST, if they play ST tracks along w/ starlight, madness, UD, uprising, hysteria, TIRO, and KOC...or some other similar combo of tired material, they're screwing themselves....or are they? perhaps not.

this band knows they have fans that love their 'crap' material...and others that love the stuff they'll rarely play again.

everyone on here knows that a 60-minute set is entirely unacceptable unless it's a festival appearance, in which case they should be headlining and get 85-90 minutes. so, in any event, a 60 minute set at any gig is just bonkers.

they aren't that old...yet.

They're obviously not going to play 60 minute shows.

Just wait and see my friends. We've already had our qualms with "filler" songs that just add to the song count in recent years. If songs are getting shorter, the setlist would much sooner have the same amount of songs or fewer before it gets longer; this is Muse after all

Just wait and see my friends. We've already had our qualms with "filler" songs that just add to the song count in recent years. If songs are getting shorter, the setlist would much sooner have the same amount of songs or fewer before it gets longer; this is Muse after all

Literally like no sizeable band plays 60 minute headlining shows, that's ridiculous. Even if they played zero ST songs and just played the hits they've been playing, that reaches about 60 minutes or more.

No Matter what list, seems like Hysteria is pretty cemented there now too.

Hysteria was rotated during parts of T2L and Drones Tour, i'm pretty sure it will be the same for ST Tour.

And who knows, maybe (I hope) they will begin to rotate TiRO and SMBH.

I just hope they bring back old songs that fit this era. Map is the most obvious choice. I think Endlessly would be terrific too, it’s got that slightly electronic vibe but it’s also very paired back and emotive, the sort of vibe I feel Matt is going for with ST. Bliss is another good option. I’d throw Sing For Absolution, Soldiers Poem, Undisclosed Desires (ya rly), MK Ultra and Dead Inside out there too.

I just hope they bring back old songs that fit this era. Map is the most obvious choice. I think Endlessly would be terrific too, it¡¯s got that slightly electronic vibe but it¡¯s also very paired back and emotive, the sort of vibe I feel Matt is going for with ST. Bliss is another good option. I¡¯d throw Sing For Absolution, Soldiers Poem, Undisclosed Desires (ya rly), MK Ultra and Dead Inside out there too.

Just imagine a TDS-MOTP-Bliss combo within a single gig. :awesome:

EDIT: Why not FAWY, too? Or Cave, or IBTY, Shrinking Universe, The Gallery...

Panic Station and Follow Me would probably go down well too although I'm not a fan of the latter

Pressure and PS back-to-back = ACE.

They feature horns in both of them and are even in the same key.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

So in Kerrang, Matt’s basically summed up how, if Drones was ‘the future’s gonna be shit’, ST is ‘the future’s gonna be great’ and honestly just give me this album now ‘cos I want those vibes.

Also went into more detail about the toll the Drones tour ended up taking on him/them. Basically feeling like they were doing the exact same show night after night, with so many dates as well, made it feel like a grind. Would explain why they looked particularly on auto-pilot or even pretty disconnected at times. Maybe spells a bit more fun and variation on this tour? Don’t wanna get carried away. Reminds me a lot of T2L coming off the TR tour.

Edited by Jobby

Basically feeling like they were doing the exact same show night after night

:wtf: Geeeeee, I wonder why it felt like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read that too and we really gotta stage an intervention for the band telling them it's okay to try different things per night.

I wish they would understand this. PLEASE MIX THINGS UP

Read that too and we really gotta stage an intervention for the band telling them it's okay to try different things per night.

Yeah, they seem more concerned about not upsetting the casual fans by not playing Hysteria every show while meanwhile theyve been letting down more “hard core” fans the past few years but not dropping something as simple as a New Born or Bliss in the set