That might be true lol. Tbh if you asked me ten years ago what my top three rarities id die to hear but never expect to see them play live I would’ve said Futurism Glorious and Shrinking Universe. So I probably just projected my own wishes.

But tbh now we have a shot. We need a full forum effort now that they mentioned it. Much like what happened with Easily.

Well it's settled then, Shrinking Universe first priority for the next request gig.

Yes.

Like Kueller said a while back I think the request gigs has made Muse not really care for playing rarities at normal gigs at all.

Well that's double "oh balls" for not getting into SBE last summer.

Although thinking about it, they seemed to be having more fun playing Showbiz at Reading than some of the other stuff and it got a pretty decent reception. Granted, that might just be a heavily mic'ed up front row, but still.

I said this months ago and people gave me shit for trying to make it widely requested. Even if you’re not going to the request gig getting a pro shot of this would be mega.

I may have even made it it’s own thread can’t remember. But after Futurism came out of no where when a forum thread requested it and then I did the same for Glorious and it comes around I’d say decent shot the band reads the forums sometimes. Which was the point of those threads.

I think I remember the response to that being more “just let people vote for what they want and we get what we get” as opposed to trying to push people towards one song, not just catching shit. There was obvs an organised list some people used but that was still at least collated through votes. I still believe in that tbh, I think it spoils the point of shows like that a bit if people get pushed towards one song just ‘cos the fanbase is always looking for the next ‘this hasn’t been played/had a pro shot’ etc instead of just letting things happen and being happy with v rare stuff that isn’t necessarily a ‘first time ever/in 15 years’. Not directly linked but briefly looked through Reddit yesterday and saw someone saying “don’t even care about Showbiz, it’s not rare” and I mean stfu.

Glorious was just organically voted in as well, doubt it ever would’ve been played otherwise.

Edited by Jobby

I mean I get that but i think in order to get one of the mega rare songs like this to be played, that in all honesty the band has probably forgotten about, I feel like you have to get coordinated on at least one song. Then vote for the other 9 as you choose. Otherwise you get a scattering of rare and semi rare stuff we see often like dead star and assassin etc. nothing wrong with those choices but I feel like these request gigs are a way to get videos of the ultra rare stuff and our only chance of some songs being played ever. Think fawy not dead star. Make sense ?

algorithm squad isnt official

I'm more than aware of that, but their "premonitions" are usually quite spot-on and they tagged the post with "potteraganda". I'm asking if anyone here knows if it could be legit Propaganda lyrics because they must have taken that from some source.

I mean I get that but i think in order to get one of the mega rare songs like this to be played, that in all honesty the band has probably forgotten about, I feel like you have to get coordinated on at least one song. Then vote for the other 9 as you choose. Otherwise you get a scattering of rare and semi rare stuff we see often like dead star and assassin etc. nothing wrong with those choices but I feel like these request gigs are a way to get videos of the ultra rare stuff and our only chance of some songs being played ever. Think fawy not dead star. Make sense ?

We’ve had a hell of a lot of mega rare stuff with it being pretty organic though. We didn’t have to individually organise owt for Easily, Eternally Missed, Glorious, Futurism, Showbiz, Space Dementia, Fury, S4A etc. I think saying “the other 9 songs are up to you” is easily said but I know I had difficulty narrowing mine down to 10 and La Cigale only got 5 votes, no?

Edit: If people wanted to go down that route, I think the only way to do it would be to set up a vote and spread it over social media and just go with whatever finished top, so that way it’s at least chosen by a fair amount of people.

I'm more than aware of that, but their "premonitions" are usually quite spot-on and they tagged the post with "potteraganda". I'm asking if anyone here knows if it could be legit Propaganda lyrics because they must have taken that from some source.

What premonitions though?

Edited by Jobby

In the French review/interview, it did actually mention something about "eat my soul" lyrics making a return in Propaganda.

Edit: Ok now I'm not seeing it, but I swear I just saw that somewhere, not related to the Algorithm squad.

Edited by Matthz

In the French review/interview, it did actually mention something about "eat my soul" lyrics making a return in Propaganda.

Oh thank you, I didn't see that review anywhere! So it could indeed be legit lyrics? Lol, a Harry Potter reference! And a wrong one, too! :LOL:

Fair assessment of his own ability though. By listening to some women singing Muse songs I've actually realised how (while I love(d) Matt's voice) some of his melodies come out better when sung by someone who can actually give it some room to shine as opposed to just being "hit". And I've waited so long for a version of Ruled By Secrecy where someone belts the whole ending and doesn't have to switch to falsetto and ruin the whole buildup:

So damn satisfying.

That's awesome! She's fantastic :ohmy:

oh god let's not start this again

oh god let's not start this again

I'm not, I wanted to know if there was another source for those alleged lyrics and discuss them. Apparently there is another source... I seriously don't get your hatred for that page but until someone mentioned the french review they were my only source for the lyrics, that's why I mentioned them. You guys need to chill.

It's an actual lyric from Propaganda, it's in the magazine I translated and sent to you guys, they must have gotten it too. By the way I'm trying to send another translated interview but the posts aren't appearing.

Omg the absolute dork!!! Is there any way to get scans of that review? I can't believe those are legit lyrics :LOL::LOL::LOL:

When you first become a member some of your posts have to be approved or something I think.

EDIT: To Lastcydonian

Oh okay thanks. It's a bit weird but understandable ha. Anyways it was a OUIFM interview (I think the link is what's blocking my posts), and the questions are in french. Answers are in english tho.

I feel like I said this everyday around this time for Drones too but I feel like a

LN_085201_BP_11.jpg

may be reasonably imminent

I mean, there’s only soon to be 8 days left anyway so, yeah, captain obvious but, like within the next day or 3 maybe. Just that feeling of momentum building.