Welp, thanks for crediting me hah. Now that we're here, have that too :

MYROCK French interview translation, biggest points:

-We can almost call the trio a quatuor now, as Morgan Nicholls's prescence is now essential.

-When they started working on the album, Someting Human was way more folk, and Dig Down was more gospel-y. They changed the song to make a more cohesive album.

-Dom is now the last one to record his parts, instead of being the first one in the past. He prefers this way of recording.

-They choosed to go with the whole 80s thing to go back to their «personnal» roots.

-Algorithm is close to Apocalypse Please/Supremacy, as a way of introducing the album.

-They tried to make the listener embark on a journey out of time, to make them disoriented and confused. Simulation Theory is like, another timeline. Another version of our world.

-That's why The Void is more of an «ambiant piece» than a regular song, it's as if you were floating in space.

-The general themes of the album are concentrated in Algorithm. An Intelligence (Artificial or Human) realises they live in a simuated reality, and that it is controlled by its creator. The intelligence feels betrayed, thinks the situation is injust, and tries to escape. Something Human is the most personnal song, that is the least «politics-oriented» (at least by interpretation). Which explains the lightness of the song, according to Chris.

-Tove Lo sings the highest notes in Get Up and Fight. Matt couldn't reach those unless he screamed, which he disliked.

-Everything is stylized to the max. Their faces on the album aren't there to represent the band itself, but to represent the characters of the album's story.

-Despite the electro influences, there's soundscapes that sound similar to those of Bliss, Easily and Knights of Cydonia.

-They have a hard time balancing the setlists, as they believe 95% of the people that goes to big show don't listen to many their old songs anymore (B&H, Easily and Shrinking Universe are quoted).

-For the tour visuals, they'd like to focus more on real artistic and performances instead of putting videos and drones in the air.

actually this is fine. this interview made it seem really good. shame matt cant hit high notes anymore but it was only a matter of time. he's getting old.

Yeah, depends if she has a full on feature part or just does some backing vocals.

Also I feel like we’re now getting to the point where descriptions start jumbling a bit to where you really have no clear picture of the song anymore. Algorithm is a scatter for me atm :LOL: same with The Void, like is it low-key/spacey or is it epic w/ big vocals, pick one

actually this is fine. this interview made it seem really good. shame matt cant hit high notes anymore but it was only a matter of time. he's getting old.

I mean, it could well be that she’s just singing notes he could’ve never hit anyway? He’s still recording A4s so I doubt it’s owt to do with his age

Yeah, depends if she has a full on feature part or just does some backing vocals.

Also I feel like we’re now getting to the point where descriptions start jumbling a bit to where you really have no clear picture of the song anymore. Algorithm is a scatter for me atm :LOL: same with The Void, like is it low-key/spacey or is it epic w/ big vocals, pick one

I mean, it could well be that she’s just singing notes he could’ve never hit anyway? He’s still recording A4s so I doubt it’s owt to do with his age

If it's Matt, or Chris, or Dom who describes a song that way, then I'm inclined to trust them more than an external source.

New french interview

Here are the questions' translations:

-Do these 4 songs give away the artistic direction of the albumnothing? 0:18

-You said in the past that you didn't want to do a concept album, but aren't your videos part of a conceptnothing? 0:43

-Will there be a video for each song, like a TV shownothing? 1:23

-In 2015, with your album Drones, you had found the «word of the yearnothing». Seems like Algorithm is this year'snothing? 2:00

-Simulation Theory is a very ecclectic album. What place do the guitars have in this album and in the bandnothing? 3:03

-Matt, you're part of the guiness records book of 2010 for breaking the most guitars on tour, 140 broken guitars during the absolution tour, is that truenothing? 3:50

-Dom, how many of Matt's guitars did you take in the headnothing? 4:29

-For your gigs, are you gonna try to recreate the feeling/ambiance of your videosnothing? 5:54

-Do these 4 songs give away the artistic direction of the albumnothing? 0:18

-You said in the past that you didn't want to do a concept album, but aren't your videos part of a conceptnothing? 0:43

-Will there be a video for each song, like a TV shownothing? 1:23

-In 2015, with your album Drones, you had found the «word of the yearnothing». Seems like Algorithm is this year'snothing? 2:00

-Simulation Theory is a very ecclectic album. What place do the guitars have in this album and in the bandnothing? 3:03

-Matt, you're part of the guiness records book of 2010 for breaking the most guitars on tour, 140 broken guitars during the absolution tour, is that truenothing? 3:50

-Dom, how many of Matt's guitars did you take in the headnothing? 4:29

-For your gigs, are you gonna try to recreate the feeling/ambiance of your videosnothing? 5:54

I was 17 when I was following the buildup to The Resistance, complete with the treasure hunt to unlock USoE part by part. Man that was a ride. The perfect song to reveal 30 seconds at a time :LOL:

I’ll have been 13 back then, a real wee babby, but wasn’t actively following the build-up online sadly (or fortunately?). Too busy still discovering alllll of the back catalogue.

Even Drones though, I was...19? Just finished my first year of uni. Helps that you have to do a lot of growing up in those years but still, seems like aaaages ago :chuckle: just a nice feeling to be at that point where you have these descriptions but still have to form all these expectations in your imagination before it’s all set in stone and you have it in front of you, like the album’s whatever you want it to be for a few more days

Wait, no-one's talking about the fact the band proactively brought up Shrinking Universe?

:stunned:.

I gave it a brief ‘huh’ and kept reading :chuckle: not really that surprised after some of the stuff that popped up on the SBE voting list

Well it's settled then, Shrinking Universe first priority for the next request gig.

I mean it’s decent but I feel we should have higher priorities

Even COD has drawn two blanks so far :noey:

Tove Lo, eh? Could be... interesting.

No rarities remains a disappointment though. But not unexpected, clearly, even if I imagine one or two will surface.

I was 17 when I was following the buildup to The Resistance, complete with the treasure hunt to unlock USoE part by part. Man that was a ride. The perfect song to reveal 30 seconds at a time :LOL:

Oh yeah. That was a fascinating track to unveil gradually, to say nothing of the Collateral Damage outro on top.

I remember being on holiday with my parents in France during USoE release. We had some real shitty rural internet but I just about managed to buffer and capture each bit on a clapped out old laptop and string the bits together in my spare time. That was fun.

I’ll have been 13 back then, a real wee babby, but wasn’t actively following the build-up online sadly (or fortunately?). Too busy still discovering alllll of the back catalogue.

Even Drones though, I was...19? Just finished my first year of uni. Helps that you have to do a lot of growing up in those years but still, seems like aaaages ago :chuckle: just a nice feeling to be at that point where you have these descriptions but still have to form all these expectations in your imagination before it’s all set in stone and you have it in front of you, like the album’s whatever you want it to be for a few more days

I gave it a brief ‘huh’ and kept reading :chuckle: not really that surprised after some of the stuff that popped up on the SBE voting list

I mean it’s decent but I feel we should have higher priorities

Even COD has drawn two blanks so far :noey:

Man, if we got CoD any time between 2012 and 2017 we could have gotten at least one belted chorus out of it. Will be interesting to see what 2019 brings in terms of Matt's voice. At least he seems to focus on songwriting that isn't based on high notes keeping us interested, which forces him to rethink his songwriting a bit.

Tove Lo, eh? Could be... interesting.

No rarities remains a disappointment though. But not unexpected, clearly, even if I imagine one or two will surface.

Oh yeah. That was a fascinating track to unveil gradually, to say nothing of the Collateral Damage outro on top.

Like Kueller said a while back I think the request gigs has made Muse not really care for playing rarities at normal gigs at all.

I remember being on holiday with my parents in France during USoE release. We had some real shitty rural internet but I just about managed to buffer and capture each bit on a clapped out old laptop and string the bits together in my spare time. That was fun.

Yeah I was on vacation with shitty rural internet as well actually. Took ages to load it, and I listened with my old iPhone 3G and headphones.

Well it's settled then, Shrinking Universe first priority for the next request gig.

I said this months ago and people gave me shit for trying to make it widely requested. Even if you’re not going to the request gig getting a pro shot of this would be mega.

I may have even made it it’s own thread can’t remember. But after Futurism came out of no where when a forum thread requested it and then I did the same for Glorious and it comes around I’d say decent shot the band reads the forums sometimes. Which was the point of those threads.

I said this months ago and people gave me shit for trying to make it widely requested. Even if you’re not going to the request gig getting a pro shot of this would be mega.

I may have even made it it’s own thread can’t remember. But after Futurism came out of no where when a forum thread requested it and then I did the same for Glorious and it comes around I’d say decent shot the band reads the forums sometimes. Which was the point of those threads.

No one here gave you shit for it :p people just prioritized other songs that they wanted to hear more. But Shrinking Universe obviously goes up in rank once the others have been played. Personally wouldn't vote for Eternally Missed for example if I had the chance. Or SFA.