haha. I love Drones, play the album from start to finish, but I skip DI and Mercy. Re the US, have you read this old interview? Mebbe there is a different attitude Muse-US

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/muse-we-sold-our-soul-to-twilight/179492

DI and Mercy are by far my favorite two. :LOL: Mercy was pretty incredible live, too.

Yeah, I've been aware of all that Twilight related stuff, but again, if you're still taking fans' money, it's not exactly acceptable to be pissy that you did it by selling out.

And they continue to do a lot of things strictly for the money, like selling rights of their gigs, videos, etc to Sony, Guitar Center, Apple, Deezer... on and on.

Twilight netted them a lot of fans, and a lot of money, and if they don't like it, I guess they should reinvent themselves and their fanbase, or give people equal treatment for their money...?

Just my two cents.

Treating fans shitty, even if they ARE Twilight era fans... I can't get behind that. :noey:

I've thought about it as an excuse, but honestly it would be shittier if that's really the reason they feel the way they do about the US. And it very well may be.

That was absolutely brilliant. CE, Map and TAB in the same set has made me very happy.

Was a wee bit awkward when people started clapping just before the piano in CE as if it was the end of the song though :chuckle:

Weird approach to things here at the SECC. They wouldn't let me round to the other half of the standing area - cut me off at the piano section. "different types of ticket" apparently. This wasn't an issue in London. Has it happened anywhere else? Not annoyed, just curious I guess.

We're you In the standing bit with no seats behind it? I want to try to get there tomorrow night cause the band leaves down that side.

I think that theory about them dressing up as the riot police before the gig may be true now.

That was absolutely brilliant. CE, Map and TAB in the same set has made me very happy.

Was a wee bit awkward when people started clapping just before the piano in CE as if it was the end of the song though :chuckle:

We're you In the standing bit with no seats behind it? I want to try to get there tomorrow night cause the band leaves down that side.

I think that theory about them dressing up as the riot police before the gig may be true now.

No - I was in the section with the seats behind it. Piano side was absolutely rammed from my half though so I might not go there anyway. Depends how it seems when I get there really.

DI and Mercy are by far my favorite two. :LOL: Mercy was pretty incredible live, too.

Twilight netted them a lot of fans, and a lot of money, and if they don't like it, I guess they should reinvent themselves and their fanbase, or give people equal treatment for their money...?

Isn't 'Drones' Muse doing just that? There was a twilight surge of fans about 6 or more years ago at the UK gigs, mostly teenage girls often dressed up in highheels, but I wonder if a lot of them have drifted off now. The crowds this week have been noticeably loads older with perhaps a new contingent of young lads added in. And Muse doing Download festival last year clearly fulfils their claim to be a heavy rock band.

But yes, there should always be equal treatment for your money, for sure.

Isn't 'Drones' Muse doing just that? There was a twilight surge of fans about 6 or more years ago at the UK gigs, mostly teenage girls often dressed up in highheels, but I wonder if a lot of them have drifted off now. The crowds this week have been noticeably loads older with perhaps a new contingent of young lads added in. And Muse doing Download festival last year clearly fulfils their claim to be a heavy rock band.

But yes, there should always be equal treatment for your money, for sure.

Drones should have been that, but they pushed the pop singles to radio that would appeal to the same Madness crowd, and not stir the pot.

Reapers, against my personal beliefs, turned out that it could have been very successful at radio here, and that's more along the lines of what I meant.

But yes, Muse has started to appeal to an older audience, a pop audience, and its long term fans have gotten older.

People show up more and more just for the theatrics; to see the band outdo themselves.

They're getting to a point where in order to have that level of crowd intensity again, they need to scale back. But, they're also at a point where scaling back would look like failure. It's tough spot.

Drones should have been that, but they pushed the pop singles to radio that would appeal to the same Madness crowd, and not stir the pot.

Reapers, against my personal beliefs, turned out that it could have been very successful at radio here, and that's more along the lines of what I meant.

But yes, Muse has started to appeal to an older audience, a pop audience, and its long term fans have gotten older.

People show up more and more just for the theatrics; to see the band outdo themselves.

They're getting to a point where in order to have that level of crowd intensity again, they need to scale back. But, they're also at a point where scaling back would look like failure. It's tough spot.

Well I don't suppose we'll know for another three years. Unless they do a stadium tour of 'Drones' as well, which would seem excessive after all these arena gigs, and too late anyway. So they'll have to write and produce another album before we'll see them again. Yikes!

I'm sure we'll see more of the same, really.

Which is only bad if you live in the US. :(

Hopefully for the rest of the country's sake, they don't do in the round, and feel confident adding more areas back into the tour; the extremely limited tour was shitty for too many of their fans. I know so many really dedicated fans that didn't get a chance to go, and are still really sad about it.

They wouldn't let me over to the side with the crowd behind, and I was not happy. All I got was that they were splitting the crowd. Think it was pot luck as to which door you got on your ticket

Just back, was standing and is hard to get any kind of jumping going as was a really varied age range... Pretty sure I saw a guy in his 80s!

Was waiting for the same old set list and was pleasantly surprised when map was unleashed and got better with bliss sadly no assassin. The band during the first few songs seemed really up for it, somewhat angry looking especially when riffing, and back to laughing at each other during the rest.

Looking forward to sitting tomorrow and fully appreciating the set up of everything.

** there's 3 guys following the reaper drone... Shoving everyone in their path ... Just incase lol **

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some videos again! Mainly of the rotated songs but also a few curiousity videos of things I consider highlights of the show. Still have no idea how to embed them.

Bliss (+ extended bits, obviously)

Map (+ who knows who + Maggies farm)

Citizen Erased

The confetti release during Mercy.

The Dildrone NOT CRASHING.

Just back in the hotel after the gig...up there with one of the best I've seen ( 7th time) buzzing we got bliss CE SSE and TAB, band seemed really up from it aswell. Lol sorry when matt was n the wrong mic right in front of me. Onyx downside is though was the variation in sound quality. At times you couldn't hear the guitar over the drums, the guitar over the bass etc etc but all in all fantastic gig and great setlist

Just back in the hotel after the gig...up there with one of the best I've seen ( 7th time) buzzing we got bliss CE SSE and TAB, band seemed really up from it aswell. Lol sorry when matt was n the wrong mic right in front of me. Onyx downside is though was the variation in sound quality. At times you couldn't hear the guitar over the drums, the guitar over the bass etc etc but all in all fantastic gig and great setlist

The sound way up in the 3rd level of seats was good all night. Only problem with it was the slide guitar in The Globalist being a bit quiet. And the cunts behind me wouldn't shut up during it :mad:

Unreal gig tonight. The crowd were amazing and the set was special. I feel like muse always make an effort for the scottish crowds in terms of their set. We got the bagpipe jam, assassin debut during the bh&r tour and ruled by secrecy on the t2l tour. Not to boast but in the 7 gigs ive been to ive seen:

Stockholm syndrome x7

Bliss x3

Citizen erased x2

Dead star x2

Agitated x2

Take a bow

Ruled by secrecy

Uno

Host

Micro cuts

Blackout

Hyper music

Unintended

I'm extremely lucky lol

Edited by scottycydonia

Wouldn't it also follow that there's a good chance fans that came to the band from older albums in the UK/etc have fallen off, too?

Happens with all bands, that fans don't like subsequent albums, and Muse put out a pair of fairly divisive releases with TR/T2L that were seen as a pretty big departure from their other work.

I've wondered what their deal with the US was for a while; maybe it's just much bigger, and more work for their money, and eventually that developed into a real bias that they're a bit blind to.

They certainly have a chip on their shoulder when they're here, and it's never failed to be a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm.

Resistance got a HUGE reaction both of my nights; I found myself very surprised that they didn't consistently play it over here.

Starlight and SMBH were a lot more subdued, but I think people got involved watching the stage show, and well, SMBH is pretty hard to sing along with. :chuckle:

The singing at the end of Madness drowned out Matt's awful ending to it, which was a bonus. As it also happened in DC where the sound was good, found myself wondering if they intentionally lowered the volume a bit so it would happen that way.

The Drones songs, other than Mercy, were a big dead spot for the crowd, though, and I can't see it would have mattered if they played Reapers, Revolt, CE, or a crazy b-side; people very obviously were not familiar with them.

I think the build up of people going just for the stage show is universal for all the countries, too. Reviews and chats with fans make that very clear.

That's right - I've seen lots of people saying "Muse are still going?", "Who cares - been shit for a decade", and a few self-described former fans - even a lengthy review from someone (think it was an Irish reviewer?) who described themselves as lapsed.

It does seem odd there is this contrast, with Resistance & Madness being two well-liked tracks out there, while here, we had the thing in Belfast with the entire arena groaning when Resistance began. Its probably the most extreme part of the fan location argument, but it is still unusual.

On this tour, SMBH is a big set-piece song with the drone orbit. But even then, at my gig, it still got a decent reaction. As did some of the Drones stuff... although I think I might've helped a bit by jumping around during Reapers and being joined in by others during the outro. :chuckle:

Yeah, they've had the stage show crowd for ages. Can presume it helped when they did 2 nights at Wembley back in 2007. I think the stage show is excellently put together. Its just the length of the gig - there were 45 minutes wait between Phantogram & Muse when I went, and I have heard it was longer at other gigs. You could just come on 5 minutes earlier and add an extra ditty. But then we've been saying that since the tour began, so...

Yes, you're right about Uprising, I meant Resistance the song. GL is a total dirge. And Dead Inside is the GL of Drones, hope it vanishes after this tour.

Oh right.

Dead Inside was not the best song live at the O2 and I think it was much better at the Brighton gig last year, but in no way is it the Guiding Light of Drones. That's surely Revolt or Aftermath (neither of which I've willingly played since the week of release).

But yeah The Resistance & The 2nd Law aren't albums that get UK crowds as pumped up. That much to me was evident at the pair of 2013 gigs I caught - Panic Station got an alright reception but the following song got a much better one (Dead Star at SBE, Bliss at Emirates).

The sound way up in the 3rd level of seats was good all night. Only problem with it was the slide guitar in The Globalist being a bit quiet. And the cunts behind me wouldn't shut up during it :mad:

Don't get me wrong it was still good just couldn't make out some parts, otherwise than that zero complaints (apart from spewing my ringer outside before hand) band had great energy, still buzzing over citizen erased. I dunno why but I thought we already had too many songs to get TAB aswell so was a nice surprise

And Muse doing Download festival last year clearly fulfils their claim to be a heavy rock band.

No other concert of comparative publicity, except maybe Werchter, got even close to what Download was. They clearly know how to be a powerful rock band, and regularly express their joy at being one, but most of the time choose against it.

They wouldn't let me over to the side with the crowd behind, and I was not happy. All I got was that they were splitting the crowd. Think it was pot luck as to which door you got on your ticket

Entry last night at Glasgow night 1 was sh!te. Been there since 10am and other doors got let in before ours. The doorman was an absolute jobsworth and was so slow opening the doors and scanning the tickets. He didn't seem to care. Thankfully still made barrier ok.

Anyway, was quite surprised to see that the 'front' and 'back' (ie without the seats behind) was segregated. So if you're going to Glasgow night 2 tonight it appears as though Door A (West) is at the 'back', Doors B & C (South) are at the 'front' with the seats behind. I think Door D (East) is the 'front' as well but not 100% sure. I assume it's segregated for crowd safety - I heard it was the Production team who stipulated this. So if you and your mates are a mixture of entrances you might not be able to get together once inside.

Edited by kopite

Entry last night at Glasgow night 1 was sh!te. Been there since 10am and other doors got let in before ours. The doorman was an absolute jobsworth and was so slow opening the doors and scanning the tickets. He didn't seem to care. Thankfully still made barrier ok.

Anyway, was quite surprised to see that the 'front' and 'back' (ie without the seats behind) was segregated. So if you're going to Glasgow night 2 tonight it appears as though Door A (West) is at the 'back', Doors B & C (South) are at the 'front' with the seats behind. I think Door D (East) is the 'front' as well but not 100% sure. I assume it's segregated for crowd safety - I heard it was the Production team who stipulated this. So if you and your mates are a mixture of entrances you might not be able to get together once inside.

Seems a mess. Wondering if you could just meet them out on the concourse after going into the arena once and head to another door or were they checking tickets again at that stage instead just the hand stamp?