Just in, definitely thought the first night was better but being in the seating this time I could at least enjoy the light show more. The Glasgow jam was such a weird throwback because unless I'm mistaken it was literally the same one as in 2009, rather than Drones jam plus bagpipes. The absence of Madness was also quite odd, but I had thought it didn't get much of a response yesterday.

The Handler & Take a Bow are my votes for best songs of the night again, definitely.

Guess what. That's true for every single place they play.

This. Even France/Mexico where the crowds are the best in the world, the vast majority only go crazy for the hits and now the 2-3 rows up front for a traditional stage are dispersed throughout the entire barrier so it kills the vibe.

No madness;) thank god. Map and TAB saved it. Resistance tbh was big, and got an insane reaction in my part. Bagpipes!! Avoided Undisclosed Desires all tour!

Oh wow. Madness wasn't played. That's awesome.

MADNESS GONE!!!:eek:...unbelieveble

I gave up my hopes for Showbiz....Oh well,you can't always get what you want.

I've seen Showbiz at Lowlands 10 years ago,it was AMAZING![if they never play it again] I can live off the memories for the rest of my life:)

Looks like I spoke too soon for madness being played :LOL::D

Brilliant gig again, even though the set last night was better. Was pretty cool to sit one night and stand the next. The confetti during mercy is so impressive when you're standing. Plus the bagpipe jam was cool as fuck.

Got high fived by the band and Glen gave me a plectrum. Win.

This. Even France/Mexico where the crowds are the best in the world, the vast majority only go crazy for the hits and now the 2-3 rows up front for a traditional stage are dispersed throughout the entire barrier so it kills the vibe.

Oh wow. Madness wasn't played. That's awesome.

Maybe Matt saw your post about rotating everything. :LOL:

I enjoyed tonight immensely - I was a bit disappointed to get Feeling Good again and still haven't seen Bliss, but the absence of Madness (Map about halfway through was a pleasant surprise!) and inclusion of Take A Bow made up for it. I did like how Matt catered for the Scottish crowds with the bagpipe jam and waving the flag around - thought that was a nice touch.

I feel too old to be crushed in a crowd (the only time I did standing I was right at the back), but I did feel a hint of envy when they released the streamers and confetti during Mercy and it looked like a huge party was going on! I was tempted to grab some when I left - I'm such a big kid. Someone was making a pompom from it! I was hoping people would stand for Knights, but there was a bit of a party going on in our stand during Uprising.

So sad it's all over - want to do it all again and I'm on such a high, but I have to be up at 5:30 for a flight.

I think, of my five shows:

- Glasgow one and two were better. They seemed to be enjoying themselves more, which meant the performances were a little more whole hearted. By night five I stopped caring so much about set lists (mostly because I've given up hoping for muscle museum etc) and just enjoyed the spectacle for what it was.

- the production really is massive. One of the best I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.

- the loose narrative in the visuals that runs through dead inside, handler, globalist is really subtle but neatly done. They could thread it into the other staples though, it felt like it sort of missed the mark by being so understated.

- the "moments" feel a bit too choreographed at times. Having them stand in certain places for certain songs etc sort of kills the spontaneous aspect dead - this probably limits them at all times, though, not just this tour.

- Setlist rotations are disabolical. I'm not about to complain about having map and take a bow four times in a row, but feeling good instead of most of the other piano songs left or stockholm or whatever just unavoidably leave a bad taste in the mouth when you know the alternatives. After the second show I had no "winners" for new songs on my own personal list and that sucks considering I missed one show that had two new ones!

- I don't think I'd spend this much money to follow them around again. It's too much risk, too little reward.

I think, of my five shows:

- Glasgow one and two were better. They seemed to be enjoying themselves more, which meant the performances were a little more whole hearted. By night five I stopped caring so much about set lists (mostly because I've given up hoping for muscle museum etc) and just enjoyed the spectacle for what it was.

- the production really is massive. One of the best I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.

- the loose narrative in the visuals that runs through dead inside, handler, globalist is really subtle but neatly done. They could thread it into the other staples though, it felt like it sort of missed the mark by being so understated.

- the "moments" feel a bit too choreographed at times. Having them stand in certain places for certain songs etc sort of kills the spontaneous aspect dead - this probably limits them at all times, though, not just this tour.

- Setlist rotations are disabolical. I'm not about to complain about having map and take a bow four times in a row, but feeling good instead of most of the other piano songs left or stockholm or whatever just unavoidably leave a bad taste in the mouth when you know the alternatives. After the second show I had no "winners" for new songs on my own personal list and that sucks considering I missed one show that had two new ones!

- I don't think I'd spend this much money to follow them around again. It's too much risk, too little reward.

Disabolical is my new favorite word.

Maybe Matt saw your post about rotating everything. :LOL:

Good. It allowed people to get a great set despite Feeling Good being played. Resistance/Madness is a decent rotation anyways though it should be Resistance/Uprising I think. Imagine what could be done if Resistance was rotated with Uprising, Madness with Dead Inside, Mercy with Starlight and SMBH with Time is Running Out. It'd be amazing.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I feel too old to be crushed in a crowd (the only time I did standing I was right at the back), but I did feel a hint of envy when they released the streamers and confetti during Mercy and it looked like a huge party was going on!

Eeeee love, you're never too old, although I did throw a bit of side-eye at the people who tried to start a circle during Hysteria coz it's my favourite and I didn't appreciate the elbow in my back halfway through ;)

Good. It allowed people to get a great set despite Feeling Good being played. Resistance/Madness is a decent rotation anyways though it should be Resistance/Uprising I think. Imagine what could be done if Resistance was rotated with Uprising, Madness with Dead Inside, Mercy with Starlight and SMBH with Time is Running Out. It'd be amazing.

I had a good gig in Manchester despite Feeling Good being played (honestly what else fits between Starlight and Madness???). It is just that every other piano song they were realistically going to play is better.

I can't choose between the two shows I went to, Assassin and AP were great to hear again but night 1 at Manchester just seemed to flow a bit better, plus Take a Bow really is one of their best songs.

Chris chucked a load right at me and some landed on my head, then someone nearly ripped a handful of my hair out grabbing them :'(

Aye in Belfast, my mate to my right caught one, the muppet to the left of me got two and was already boasting to his mate about ebay before he'd nearly caught them.

Are we not allowed to discuss/criticise the way the standing area was handled in Glasgow with it being split in two and people not allowed to cross over to join their friends?

I posted last night in this thread and the Glasgow one about it and both have been deleted.

Are we not allowed to discuss/criticise the way the standing area was handled in Glasgow with it being split in two and people not allowed to cross over to join their friends?

I posted last night in this thread and the Glasgow one about it and both have been deleted.

That was probably down to the board glitch - quite a lot of posts yesterday evening got deleted by the gremlins going awry.