:LOL: So much complaining. Bloody Musers.

And I didn't realise people were so negative towards Feeling Good.

I enjoyed last night way more than I thought I would, considering I dislike everything post BH&R (and even that is only half good).

They still put on an insanely good show.

As someone who had only seen Muse twice until the last 2 weeks, but has been listening to their music for about a decade I'm happy to hear the "hits" at the show and they get the best reaction across the audience- that's why they get played.

Its no different to almost all long running bands who do the same thing- the shows are aimed to please the widest possible market- not 10% of the audience who want to hear obscure album tracks. I do get the frustration- but on arena shows its not going to change. So either live with it or don't go.

I've really enjoyed the shows I've been to, great to hear Hysteria, Resistance, Assassin, Apocalypse Please and the hits as well.

As for the crowds- thought they were good in London, even those in the seats seemed to be stood for most of the show, and last night there were a bunch of fans having a great time right at the back of the GA area- oblivious to all the visuals just involved in the music

Is anyone other than ADL *really* saying they should remove the staples? Not really.

What you're saying is fair to someone who got TaB, Map and CE, or something... but not so much to, like, Oakland. You shouldn't go in expecting some certain obscure song, but it's fair to expect them to not drop an entire song from the set so they can avoid playing something that isn't a sure thing crowd pleaser. And that's exactly what they did on the US tour. :(

We're just saying the setlists should be more consistent, and that the US would have shit themselves with happiness for pretty much any of the European setlists... and I'm okay saying "deal with it, world" to the setlists but "deal with it, US" is pretty shitty.

And there's like literally no reason for them to do it, because crowd reactions have been pretty much the same.

Highly unlikely. Like, pretty much no. Unless those songs become staples on the rest of the tour. And even then would likely be edited out.

Also imagine the posibilities, CE, Sunburn, TaB, The Handler, The Globalist... they could make an outstanding live album this tour.

But, yeah...

I saw them Tuesday night and thought it was incredible and was more than happy with the setlist. I was envious of friends who went Thursday night though and got to hear Assassin. Wouldn't have minded if they'd swapped Madness for that. Hoping there will be a dvd release of this tour.

I'm not saying drop the hits, I'm saying rotate them at the very least to make room for fresher material, especially when these songs continually get the worst performances of the night (can you blame them? They've been playing Starlight at every gig since 2006). I can't think of a single band that plays every hit they've ever had at their level.

Sure, when you go to a Nine Inch Nails gig, you'll hear Head Like a Hole and Hurt, but you might not hear Survivalism or Reptile or Closer.

Sure, when you go to a Nine Inch Nails gig, you'll hear Head Like a Hole and Hurt, but you might not hear Survivalism or Reptile or Closer.

I would've gotten all of those on my first concert but apparently Trent crossed out Survivalism. Kind of like Muse crossed out Bliss.

So I guess that's something Muse took from NIN.

Alrighty, here's my review of the Friday: As I said after Thursday, trip was already worth it for me. But I really enjoyed Friday as well. Good set, even though I was hoping they might end the London residency on a slightly bigger bang (for instance play B&H). I don't mind FG as much as some/many on here, but there are way better rotations. And I was also quite surprised they didn't rotate PiB at all during the week. Maybe they were really satisfied with the crowd reaction to it?! Anyway, enjoyed the gig, but it obviously wasn't anywhere near as emotionally crazy as that whole Assassin thing. Stockholm was immense, as was TaB which I was utterly glad to get (never heard it before. It also got a really good crowd reaction in my area), and Map was top as well.

Crowd wasn't as good as on Thursday imo, but I still found a nice area of people jumping about. And once Stockholm came on, the mosh pit pretty much doubled in size. Unfortunately only one riff to end it, but still ace imo. Also, cool moment when Matt was sliding his guitar on one of the handrails at the beginning of the Township Rebellion riff :happy:.

Had a quick gander through some of the comments here, surprised to see so much negativity regarding the setlist (here we go), like expected a bit for FG, but overall was a pretty solid set no? Map, SS, TAB. I'm not walking away like "oh my god that set was amazing" but I'm definitely not walking away dissapointed.

Yea, that last sentence actually sums it up pretty well.

Speaking of energy. That was a tame crowd enit. I didn't see one pit. A few people jumped in some songs.

I can confirm at least one pit :). But seriously, yea, I thought it was a bit tamer compared to Thursday. Like Frakkles said though, judging a crowd, especially when standing in GA, can be a bit deceiving. I tried to look around a couple of times, take in the atmosphere and compare that to the night before, hoping that that would enable me to judge fairly objective.

SS was perky enough, but then it was TIRO and Uprising which sounded exactly the same as they have for the past xx amount of years.

I gotta say, I thought having TIRO played after a heavy song really added something to it. Then again, I'm generally still quite fond of TIRO, but that particular slot made some sort of difference.

And this goes back a bit, but I didn't find time earlier:

aaaay :awesome:

I've always been super anxious about meeting people from the board irl before but I was on such a high that I actually wanted to celebrate with someone and you fit the bill well so it was nice meeting you :LOL:

Nice meeting you too :happy:. And I'm usually also quite shy about just going up to people, but there was said high ;).

As for the undeserved thing, I dunno, I guess it just feels kinda odd for people to thank me like I did a good deed or something when it was just as much for me as it was for everyone else :$ It's super kind and appreciated though, I can be overly-soppy but the responses (combined with the whole event) have actually made me a little bit emotional at times. I'll certainly never forget it either so thanks man :happy:

Haha, ok, I can understand it maybe feeling a bit odd for you, but, I mean, you really did kinda do a good deed. But anyway, I was just really happy and thankful, so yea...:happy:

Edit: oh, and met a fellow German boardie on the Friday, that was cool :happy:

Edited by fam201

Let's face it, a lot of American fans only go to Muse shows to clap along Starlight and hear Ma-Ma-Ma-Madness.

As for me i'd love to hear more Assassin and Butterflies, but is going to be more and more odd as time pass by.

They did R&L. Then the first gig of the T2L tour (iTunes festival, I think) they opened the encore with New Born and said they just couldn't let it go, IIRC.

And then Hyper Music later on.

But now it looks like they did let it go.

Let's face it, a lot of American fans only go to Muse shows to clap along Starlight and hear Ma-Ma-Ma-Madness.

Guess what. That's true for every single place they play.

There's people on this very board who were excited to hear Starlight and Feeling Good.

I think you'd be shocked at how many UK fans only know the radio stuff, and still go to gigs. That room's not full of 20,000 people who obsess over Muse, are sick of SMBH, and are waiting to hear Ashamed or something...

As for me i'd love to hear more Assassin and Butterflies, but is going to be more and more odd as time pass by.

You realise lots of people go to Muse concerts globally just to hear Starlight and Madness right? It isn't just American specific... There are casual fans in other countries too lmao.

Guess what. That's true for every single place they play.

There's people on this very board who were excited to hear Starlight and Feeling Good.

I think you'd be shocked at how many UK fans only know the radio stuff, and still go to gigs. That room's not full of 20,000 people who obsess over Muse, are sick of SMBH, and are waiting to hear Ashamed or something...

Indeed. In fact, I imagine its true across the whole world. Anywhere where they have radios lol

I'm rather tired of the elitist bullshit of what songs you like determining what kind of "fan" you are being tied to different countries.

From both fans *and* the band.

The European setlists, bar some outliers like Dublin, aren't even that different than the US ones, and they certainly haven't cut out (or rotated) the big radio hits, either.

They're what all of us "entitled" Americans were clamoring for - a couple of songs for fans that have seen them before, or who enjoy the deeper cuts/older singles more than the newer ones, to look forward to seeing.

It's actually a small, accessible change that makes the gig that much better for everyone.

It's also just a straight up fact that when you're known for putting on an amazing stage and light show, and being one of "the best live bands" for it, tons and tons of people are going to show up probably not even having listened to the current album, let alone know what the hell Assassin is.