That still doesn't explain Assassin, though... Although after hearing him talk about adding in TaB because he thought it fit the concept of the stage, maybe it's as simple as he doesn't think Assassin "fits."

Because UD fits so well, doesn't it Matt? :rolleyes:

edit: actually pretty much everything off of BHAR would fit really well with the Drones storyline; Soldier's Poem, Hoodoo, CoD, Assassin in particular.

Edited by ryanp16

Because UD fits so well, doesn't it Matt? :rolleyes:

I just assumed all "the hits" were exempt from the concept, I guess. Not many of them really fit unless you're really just going with a generic "relationship" theme; and then almost any of the songs can be justified.

Thematically, Assassin seems to fit just fine, I would have thought. Anyways, now matter what the reason is, should have absolutely been played in Belfast, especially if we know the band was reminded beforehand.

I remember being in the DC gig and the second Map started playing, my heart fell into my shoes thinking that would have been the slot CE would be played in.

I imagine that's how a lot of people felt all through Belfast, and that's pretty crappy. :(

Before UD started at Belfast I nearly lost my shit because I thought it was going to be Assassin. I saw Chris bring out the bass with the green LEDs and that was a 5-string on the last tour for Unsustainable and Dracula Mountain. Since Assassin is played on a 5-string (albeit a modified one) I began to have an excitement fit. Then UD started. :chuckle:

Also reminds me of the fact that after the gig my girlfriend and I were walking to her house from the train station and we had to go up a really steep hill. I was doing a bit of complaining because I was wrecked (this was 5:30am) and when we got to the top this happened:

Her: "Don't worry, it's just like a muse gig after the 3rd song!"

Me: "Huh? What does that mean?"

Her: "It's all down hill from here."

:chuckle:

Not weird for those of the politically left wing. Thunderbirds as the heroic side of the American imperialistic project (exploring the world, and then space). But Drones as the dark underbelly of the American imperialist project.

I thought the Globalist was about blowing everything up, which is why they fly the dildrone about during it. Loads of destruction etc is kind of the opposite of Thunderbirds.

Is TAB still being played? Hoping to get it on Sunday or Monday.

The orb drones would have fit the sinister theme of the album better if they didn't just look like oversized Christmas tree ornaments.

haha yes! Close up they reminded me of the cable car bubbles on a ski slope. But I did like them all the same, and there was a sinister tone when they all lined up along the the length of the stage. Could've done with some laser jets shooting out of the bottom of them

I thought the Globalist was about blowing everything up, which is why they fly the dildrone about during it. Loads of destruction etc is kind of the opposite of Thunderbirds.

Q Fill in the missing link between 'Thunderbird 2' and 'Loads of Destruction'

A The World's Policeman

re TAB we got it last night :)

Before UD started at Belfast I nearly lost my shit because I thought it was going to be Assassin. I saw Chris bring out the bass with the green LEDs and that was a 5-string on the last tour for Unsustainable and Dracula Mountain. Since Assassin is played on a 5-string (albeit a modified one) I began to have an excitement fit. Then UD started. :chuckle:

Also reminds me of the fact that after the gig my girlfriend and I were walking to her house from the train station and we had to go up a really steep hill. I was doing a bit of complaining because I was wrecked (this was 5:30am) and when we got to the top this happened:

Her: "Don't worry, it's just like a muse gig after the 3rd song!"

Me: "Huh? What does that mean?"

Her: "It's all down hill from here."

:chuckle:

SMBH/Starlight and then Madness/Resistance (separated by AP) were the only points where stuff was played that I was bored seeing, tbh. I like a lot of the stuff like TIRO, KoC, etc (although Uprising sucked more than I expected,) if I'm being honest.

I honestly think it was just the performance itself that killed me in Philly. Besides the fact that the stage seems to kill the band's energy as much as the crowd's, or at least defuses it, there were so many moments where there weren't visuals, and the performance itself didn't hold up. (And I guess this has been intermittent... because it wasn't really as true in DC.)

Something like T2L, you had visuals the entire time, some more stellar than others, and they never broke the crowd's attention from the performance itself.

The opposite is in effect with Drones; big spectacle that often had you looking away from the performance itself, followed by songs where it was three guys in black outfits, on a dark stage, with awkward lighting, often not even facing you.

There wasn't a good balance, and it was jarring. I think that highlights the "slow section" of the gig in an unflattering way.

I feel bad for my boyfriend. Even though I didn't say much of anything after the gig, and pawned it off like I was in pain (I was,) it was obvious I guess that I didn't really enjoy myself, and I know he really enjoyed it, even if he admitted the band looked bored as fuck. I don't get that, personally. No amount of visuals can make up for a band that seems bored and unhappy, imo. Clearly most people don't feel that way.

He felt really bad that I didn't enjoy it, and is still paying off the expense of dragging us both to the DC gig and missing more work. Bless him.

Even if he said that CE was excessively long and boring to him. :noey:

That was my point. That mid section of TG is about destroying the entire world. :chuckle:

Maybe they just found out the balloon had to be fat and round to be (slightly) viable, and that's all they had.

TAB is still being played. I'd say you have a good chance with how they've been rotating lately.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

haha yes! Close up they reminded me of the cable car bubbles on a ski slope. But I did like them all the same, and there was a sinister tone when they all lined up along the the length of the stage. Could've done with some laser jets shooting out of the bottom of them

I thought the orbs looked really stupid on video, but I was very impressed with them in person.

The size and scope of them flying over you, the spotlights on the bottoms, and the patterns they made with them over the stage was really impressive. I'm sure it looked crap from the seats, but only because they mostly didn't light up, and the ones that did had like three stray LEDs lit up on them.

I'm actually a bit broken up that I didn't get to see them actually function properly.

Welcome to the US, I guess.

I thought the orbs looked really stupid on video, but I was very impressed with them in person.

The size and scope of them flying over you, the spotlights on the bottoms, and the patterns they made with them over the stage was really impressive. I'm sure it looked crap from the seats, but only because they mostly didn't light up, and the ones that did had like three stray LEDs lit up on them.

I'm actually a bit broken up that I didn't get to see them actually function properly.

Welcome to the US, I guess.

Yeah that's a shame. :( I've been three times on this tour, with different people, all Muse fans with varying degrees of enthusiasm or jadedness, and they've all been impressed by the overall spectacle

Enjoyed last nights gig but really tempted to pick up a last minute ticket to one of the last 2. Fairly decent rotations on this tour so every chance could get any of bliss, citizen, stockholm, apocalypse...just such a lot of money!

I will be pretty devastated if I get the UD, resistance piano song on Sunday. I havnt seen CE since 2004 so will be fairly happy if that turns up, got a bad feeling though, can only imagine if they do rotate more songs over the next 2 nights at London the first night in Glasgow may be doomed

I will be pretty devastated if I get the UD, resistance piano song on Sunday. I havnt seen CE since 2004 so will be fairly happy if that turns up, got a bad feeling though, can only imagine if they do rotate more songs over the next 2 nights at London the first night in Glasgow may be doomed

Oh my word, I am still hoping that we don't get plagued with the UD rotation! Taking TaB out and replacing it with that is terrible imo! I hope we do get TaB on Sunday tbh!

I'll probs be happy with whatever we get as it's my first proper go at a Muse gig but I'm already prepared to deal with Dead Inside & Madness (I dislike them both. However. DI is part of the Drones catalogue so, I'll deal with that :p) but UD on top? Come on!

I had a really good feeling finally seeing Muse in an arena last night and it being in London too just made it better. The O2 is quite a nice venue.

I stood at the back of the centre part to get the best possible view of the visuals. I think they and the drones look absolutely amazing. The crowd in my area had good energy and there was some good old moshing going on many times, but I chose only to take part of it during Knights. The start with Reapers, Psycho and PiB was mega! (I think PiB should be a staple without a doubt - it has got a huge reaction every time I've seen it). After that I feel like they never reached the same energy level again despite of Map, Hysteria and of course Knights. Fucking great to finally hear Sunburn!

A low factor was the sound in the general though. Most of the time I think it just sounded too flat and meh. Especially Chris was WAY too low in the mix apart from Reapers outro, Psycho, Hysteria and Uprising. Sometimes I couldn't feel it at all. Same goes for Dom's kick drum.

In my opinion the bass needs to be as much in the sound picture as the guitar and I want the kick drum to pound me in the chest. This combo through a whole gig has only happened to me 3-4 times and never to a Muse gig.

Oh my word, I am still hoping that we don't get plagued with the UD rotation! Taking TaB out and replacing it with that is terrible imo! I hope we do get TaB on Sunday tbh!

I'll probs be happy with whatever we get as it's my first proper go at a Muse gig but I'm already prepared to deal with Dead Inside & Madness (I dislike them both. However. DI is part of the Drones catalogue so, I'll deal with that :p) but UD on top? Come on!

I don't mind DI so much it still don't know why it isn't in the madness slot anyway, I'd even take aftermath over madness tbh. Yeah I'll be gutted if we don't get TAB either especially with having the chance to go on the Monday aswell but decided against it having seen the US sets. I think one of the Brussels nights, could have been Paris had the best set so far bliss, CE, AP and TAB

I had a really good feeling finally seeing Muse in an arena last night and it being in London too just made it better. The O2 is quite a nice venue.

I stood at the back of the centre part to get the best possible view of the visuals. I think they and the drones look absolutely amazing. The crowd in my area had good energy and there was some good old moshing going on many times, but I chose only to take part of it during Knights. The start with Reapers, Psycho and PiB was mega! (I think PiB should be a staple without a doubt - it has got a huge reaction every time I've seen it). After that I feel like they never reached the same energy level again despite of Map, Hysteria and of course Knights. Fucking great to finally hear Sunburn!

A low factor was the sound in the general though. Most of the time I think it just sounded too flat and meh. Especially Chris was WAY too low in the mix apart from Reapers outro, Psycho, Hysteria and Uprising. Sometimes I couldn't feel it at all. Same goes for Dom's kick drum.

In my opinion the bass needs to be as much in the sound picture as the guitar and I want the kick drum to pound me in the chest. This combo through a whole gig has only happened to me 3-4 times and never to a Muse gig.

Yeah, the sound in standing at Birmingham wasnt great, but seating at the o2 last night i thought the sound was perfect. Maybe the stage design is causing problems for the sound in standing.

I was v close to you, front row of the seats, and I thought the mix was perfect, at least where I was. This may come down to personal preference. Too often at a gig the vocals and guitar are drowned out by the drums and bass imo, or the whole sound is muddy. I like to hear the different layers, esp the top lines.

People that are complaining about the mix, where are you guys standing? Not doubting the work of their audio crew as they're obviously professionals at the top of their game and the ArrayCalc software is insane, but then a few people have mentioned the same thing.

Is it mainly standing folk or seating as well? Near or far from stage etc

incidentally, my encounter also helped me notice it had a big '#2' on it, fueling my theory that it may be Thunderbird 2 with a paint job

Or, since it's a Dildrone, it may be intended for the place where you go #2.

#SorryNotSorry I went there.

---

It'll be awesome if Assassin gets played. I'm still running off the high of hearing it at the Mayan when I thought I'd missed my window by not being a Muse concert attendee until 2010.

I've had issues with the mix at every night I've been to so far, been in top tier seating and standing right on the barrier. Barrier was less noticable but there were still definitely points where the guitar or bass would fade out of the mix for a bit.

Side note, prayers/predictions for the last two nights:

Tomorrow - Bliss, Eurasia, Resistance, Revolt, TAB

Friday - PIB, Assassin, Apocalypse, Map, Stockholm

Feeling a potential B&H in there somewhere though.

I hope it's AP tonight and Eurasia/Butterflies tomorrow. I don't mind whatever else they play tonight. I feel this will be the last chance for AP for me, can see it being forever dropped after this tour :(

If they're going to play Assassin I reckon it'll be on the final night.

Wehey, excited for tonight :awesome:

Side note, prayers/predictions for the last two nights:

Tomorrow - Bliss, Eurasia, Resistance, Revolt, TAB

Friday - PIB, Assassin, Apocalypse, Map, Stockholm

Feeling a potential B&H in there somewhere though.

Sounds quite plausible. I do hope they play B&H though, and I think Blackout might show up aswell, or something completely unexpected/not played before this tour, but we'll see. Tremendously looking forward to these two gigs :happy:.

Wehey, excited for tonight :awesome:

Sounds quite plausible. I do hope they play B&H though, and I think Blackout might show up aswell, or something completely unexpected/not played before this tour, but we'll see. Tremendously looking forward to these two gigs :happy:.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk