I'm really surprised some perv hasn't filmed the whole thing and uploaded it yet. :LOL:

I spotted it last night and was seriously tempted to :LOL: might try tomorrow night.

Looking back, still can't believe everything that happened last night, genuinely felt like a dream. Only need AP and hopefully Assassin now and I'll come out with pretty much everything I wanted (thought I'd be lucky to get one) :awesome: well, apart from Showbiz and Defector but, y'know...that's Showbiz and Defector.

Also I think Matt's reaction was actually a bit more positive than I initially thought/made it out to be. I'm harbouring some hope now ngl but, like I said, I won't get upset if it doesn't happen.

I spotted it last night and was seriously tempted to :LOL: might try tomorrow night.

Looking back, still can't believe everything that happened last night, genuinely felt like a dream. Only need AP and hopefully Assassin now and I'll come out with pretty much everything I wanted (thought I'd be lucky to get one) :awesome: well, apart from Showbiz and Defector but, y'know...that's Showbiz and Defector.

Also I think Matt's reaction was actually a bit more positive than I initially thought/made it out to be. I'm harbouring some hope now ngl but, like I said, I won't get upset if it doesn't happen.

They will probably just think "its that bloody message board again!"

I have a strong feeling Matt contacted the dildrone controller during JFK and told him to fly it into that guy with the Assassin sign :LOL:. Hilarious story, all of this.

Now, regarding the Assassin sign - first off, it worked...sort of. They all saw and acknowledged it close up as they left the stage after Knights. Dom looked at it, considered it for half a second then looked dead excited and said "Yeah!". I asked him "Yeah? Really?" and gave me a wink and thumbs up that said 'don't worry about it, we'll sort it out'. Chris did pretty much the same except he didn't even think about it and his look was more of a 'that would be fucking boss, I'd love it'.

Then there was Matt...less convincing tbh. He didn't really say anything, just thought about it for a few seconds then gave me a look that I can only describe as a combination of "yeah, that could be good" and "not sure, I'll think about it". Basically, I don't think he wanted to commit to it, though the people around me seemed to think that the nod was more approving than I did.

So I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but it could be a possibility.

Great that they all saw it. With Matts reaction being a bit unsure (or a bit more positive than that) it's truly not more than a possibility, but we'll see. You gave it a shot, cheers for that :thumbsup:. I'll keep my fingers crossed, so fucking excited for these gigs :happy:.

In terms of music, Assassin would fit in nicely after JFK. In terms of taste, not so good.

Haha, I never thought of that. Very true. If they play it, maybe they'll put it in the slot after Dead Inside, where Stockholm has been played recently.

I have a strong feeling Matt contacted the dildrone controller during JFK and told him to fly it into that guy with the Assassin sign :LOL:. Hilarious story, all of this.

Now that you mention it, I did first hold it up just as Matt started the heavy bit of TG right in front if me, drone came down seconds later :ninja:

pfff I had it handled tho, y'all should've seen that oversized sex toy run (incidentally, my encounter also helped me notice it had a big '#2' on it, fueling my theory that it may be Thunderbird 2 with a paint job)

Seems like there's a good chance of Assassin being played, as long Dom and Chris can convince Matt! Can see it happening on the final night at the O2 in place of SS.

Tomorrow, even if the TaB slot goes. Make it happen Matt

I didn't get a great view of the dildrone crash (and I was hardly impressed by it beforehand) but I did see it nearly take out Matt and the piano, and burst out laughing.

Only real visual misstep IMO - the rest of it looked great. Even if it was slightly unnerving where I was stood to be right underneath a sphere drone making its descent.

Heard Matt mentioning this on a Radio 1 advert this morning, referred to it as it as their Spinal Tap moment.

They've clearly been filled with Helium to the point that they weigh very little, the routes/flight paths are pre-programmed around each arena. Another system, involving 40+ static camera are tracking the drones for safety and band+drones for automated light tracking.

Heard Matt mentioning this on a Radio 1 advert this morning, referred to it as it as their Spinal Tap moment.

They've clearly been filled with Helium to the point that they weigh very little, the routes/flight paths are pre-programmed around each arena. Another system, involving 40+ static camera are tracking the drones for safety and band+drones for automated light tracking.

Yes I heard him talk about it too so looked it up on you tube

Edited by elainekav

Film it, ya perv! :p haha

And I'd say it's highly unlikely you won't get AP.

Not that the entire US tour wasn't a complete mess, and I don't think their tech worked once all the way through, but Detroit really need a do over after that gig.

I'd thought the dildrone had a 2 on it because there's multiples, and they're numbered to keep them straight, but it does appear we've only seen a 2, so yeah, maybe it's meant to be something else.

I'd thought the dildrone had a 2 on it because there's multiples, and they're numbered to keep them straight, but it does appear we've only seen a 2, so yeah, maybe it's meant to be something else.

Maybe it's to do with the fact that the dildrone is an obvious rip off of Thunderbird 2.

:eek:

Yeah, it's definitely meant to look like thunderbird 2. Bit of a weird thing to get inspiration for a drone from though.

I seriously do live in a strange little bubble.

I always envisioned the "drone" in The Globalist as destroying civilization, so it's still a really weird reference, innit? :chuckle:

I really was expecting more of a Predator drone.

:eek:

Yeah, it's definitely meant to look like thunderbird 2. Bit of a weird thing to get inspiration for a drone from though.

Not weird for those of the politically left wing. Thunderbirds as the heroic side of the American imperialistic project (exploring the world, and then space). But Drones as the dark underbelly of the American imperialist project.

Not weird for those of the politically left wing. Thunderbirds as the heroic side of the American imperialistic project (exploring the world, and then space). But Drones as the dark underbelly of the American imperialist project.

Weird for that particular "scene" in The Globalist, though, and not a lot of military heroism in the concept of Drones, anyways.

Weird for that particular "scene" in The Globalist, though, and not a lot of military heroism in the concept of Drones, anyways.

No there isn't, and I guess that's their point. ie when does heroic international rescue stop, and drone warfare aggression start.

I'm always reminded that, while people have taken the album/certain songs as anti-military, that it's really about Matt specifically saying we should kill people in person, instead of remotely. :LOL:

Yeah well if we're going to kill people we may as well face up to it I guess that's the idea! It's a fucking screwed up world we're living in that's for sure.

I was actually wondering if part of the resistance to playing Assassin was because of the Paris shootings. They played it on the Psycho tour last year at one of the gigs I went to (I forget which) so it's not like they've completely forgotten it.

They played it at one of the two US small gigs, too. They haven't forgotten it or anything.

I do find myself wondering a lot why he's clearly avoiding certain songs, but it likely comes down to him just feeling that he's going to fuck them up, doesn't it? (Showbiz, Defector, etc.)

That still doesn't explain Assassin, though... Although after hearing him talk about adding in TaB because he thought it fit the concept of the stage, maybe it's as simple as he doesn't think Assassin "fits."

I guess Showbiz is another interesting one, because they did quit playing it entirely when he was still quite able to sing it, and I swear I read him say he didn't feel connected to it anymore, way back when, and certain songs felt awkward to play. Not sure if that was an interview, or just posted by a fan, though.

I'd say maybe he gets the massive irony of the song at this stage, but I'm positive he doesn't think into things like that. :chuckle:

Crashing Drones In Detroit :LOL:

I was sitting directly across from the person taking that video. I was actually trying to pick myself out from the lower levels of the crowd.

It was a little strange when those things started dropping. Add to that the dildrone crashing into the crowd right after launch and the failure of the piano riser to even work...yeah, not the best night for the stage crew.

The orb drones would have fit the sinister theme of the album better if they didn't just look like oversized Christmas tree ornaments.