I feel kinda bad saying it but I don't think TAB would even get into my top 10 best live songs I've seen them do tbh :$

I love it to death, don't get me wrong, it's just only ever only wowed me once and even then I can think of a fair few songs that've wowed me more.

So I saw Muse for the first time in Athens a month ago. Even tho Drones was underwhelming and I knew the setlists weren't the best, I was excited more then I should be (given the fact I've never seen them live and that they are my favorite band).

I was a bit let down tbh. Not because of the setlist (we got Bliss and B&H, and only Madness and Starlight from the old poppy stuff). The thing that disapointed me was the sound quality. I could barely hear Matt's voice in some songs, Chris's bass was muddy, the synths and other sounds (like the choir in The Globalist) were drowned. Given the fact they use the festival's speakers and not their own like on their private shows maybe this isn't the bands fault.

Also, the band looked like they didn't want to be there and played on autopilot, like robots. Matt couldn't be arsed with the Bliss falsetto and the Madness climax. One of my favorite live songs, TIRO, in which he usually improvises with the vocals often, sang it exactly the same as in the studio version. I mean yeah, they were classes better then Temples and UNKLE before them, but for Muse standards the energy level didn't satisfy me at all.

I traveled 24 hours with bus for fuck sake, melted on the sun since 3 pm to 22 pm just to be close to the stage.

Ever since the Drones World Tour started last year people have been complaining that the band seemed to be on autopilot. For most of these past concerts, it really seemed they didn't give a shit about performance, so your concert wasn't worse than the rest. Just average.

Ever since the Drones World Tour started last year people have been complaining that the band seemed to be on autopilot. For most of these past concerts, it really seemed they didn't give a shit about performance, so your concert wasn't worse than the rest. Just average.
How far did you have to reach for that to make sense?

I was gonna go through it for you but honestly, none of that post is logical.

What? I remember reading a lot of complaints that they lacked energy onstage, things seemed to be more about visuals than actual performance, these last festival concerts lacked anything interesting. Am I going bonkers or did I misinterpret everything?

Okay, you seem to be looking for an honest answer so here it is.

People complained about the whole tour, like you said. Of course this means that it wasn't about anyone's gig in particular being worse. It's about the fact that the average Muse gig held a pretty low standard to what we were used to. But then of course there were below average gigs, and a few highlights as well.

Also, there was a big difference depending on which continent they were touring. So for example the US tour was way worse than Europe.

And lastly, these last few concerts don't change anything. Just because Muse ended with some really lacklustre gigs, that doesn't mean that the previous gigs couldn't have been bad. Muse have felt like they're on autopilot, yes. And Matt has hinted towards not being very pleased with the tour this time around. But these last few gigs just seemed like the band had already gone on holiday, and then remembered that "uuugh we still have a few more gigs". Doesn't change the experience of those who complained about the previous gigs.

Oh, ok, I get what happened. My original comment was intended to follow the "If it makes you feel any better" line, but went way off the mark. That was just a pessimistic remark regarding how this tour felt off and it really made a lot of people unsatisfied about the band, so I tried to say something along the line of "welcome to the club". Sorry for the misunderstanding!

And Matt has hinted towards not being very pleased with the tour this time around.

Well whose fault is that Matt

How did he hint? I've missed that.

Dom wrote this on Instagram:

"Thank you Krakow for our last show of the #drones tour! You were awesome!! We've had an amazing 18 months of great gigs and maybe just a couple of not so great gigs."

:rolleyes:

Oh, ok, I get what happened. My original comment was intended to follow the "If it makes you feel any better" line, but went way off the mark. That was just a pessimistic remark regarding how this tour felt off and it really made a lot of people unsatisfied about the band, so I tried to say something along the line of "welcome to the club". Sorry for the misunderstanding!
oooh wait, sorry. I thought the "so your concert wasn't worse than the rest. Just average." was aimed at the people who complained about the world tour. Obviously you meant KnightOfMacedonia. That was my mistake!

Well whose fault is that Matt

How did he hint? I've missed that.

Dom wrote this on Instagram:

"Thank you Krakow for our last show of the #drones tour! You were awesome!! We've had an amazing 18 months of great gigs and maybe just a couple of not so great gigs."

:rolleyes:

Ask SerpentSatellite, she probably has the quotes ingrained in her memory :LOL:

It was obviously just the 360 stage imo.

Just making sure because I never heard any "the crowds were so much better compared to the arena gig in the same city!" comments.

They should just elaborate on that "tetris" stage and tour that next time. At least Poland had a good time.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge