Just seen a transcription of an interview with some dude called Hans-Peter van Velthoven saying that some kind of DVD/film for this tour is coming out but it's gonna be that half tour doc/half gig thing they talked about doing for T2L. Not sure if it's old news? Seemed pretty new. I hadn't heard about it, anyway.

Just seen a transcription of an interview with some dude called Hans-Peter van Velthoven saying that some kind of DVD/film for this tour is coming out but it's gonna be that half tour doc/half gig thing they talked about doing for T2L. Not sure if it's old news? Seemed pretty new. I hadn't heard about it, anyway.

Was literally just about to ask if anyone has heard anything about the Drones Dvd, I'm definitely pumped to see that but how interesting is the tour doc side of it going to be? Them making setlists " okay tonight We'll do literally the same setlist as the past week but with United States of Eurasia"

Was literally just about to ask if anyone has heard anything about the Drones Dvd, I'm definitely pumped to see that but how interesting is the tour doc side of it going to be? Them making setlists " okay tonight We'll do literally the same setlist as the past week but with United States of Eurasia"

Probs not that in-depth, the dude mainly mentioned a focus on designing the production and getting it to work but also said stuff about showing the emotional closeness of the band and that fans would 'feel like they were backstage'. If I had to guess, the tour doc parts probs won't be dissimilar to the parts of the Making Of DVDs where they just muck about.

Shame though, the backstage setlist discussions might've been particularly interesting to watch on this tour :chuckle:

All Dutch newspapers are raving about Muse's set at Lowlands. Most mention that the rest of the lineup on Friday was pretty dull, so perhaps that's why Muse stood out. The Dutch press has always loved Muse though.

Either way, they continue to harvest praise on less than autopilot, so unless they listen to this board's loony fanatics, they can continue on the same path for a while before the mainstream considers them stale.

Read another (very positive) Dutch review today that stated Muse started with some hits, then played some hits and ended the show with their biggest hits and a band like Muse can't go wrong with a set like that on a festival.

I was surprised to read this however (roughly translated):

-After raving on about how Muse played all their hits- "Even just one surprise, however, would have been refreshing. A Citizen Erased or Butterflies and Hurricanes. Hell, anything from their early years."

And

"It's a shame Muse made one poor choice - the long and very symphonic The Globalist - that doesn't really work (on a festival)".

Pretty much the only critical notes in all the reviews I've read. They couldn't be any more right though...

Just seen a transcription of an interview with some dude called Hans-Peter van Velthoven saying that some kind of DVD/film for this tour is coming out

He is the unofficial photographer of the band since the T2L days. His photos have that recognizable visual style, the cover of Live in Rome is an example.

As for the DVD, they have good material and recorded very interesting songs in 4K in Milan and Berlin, like Map, Assassin, Citizen, Eurasia or Bliss to cite a few examples, if they end in or not is up to them, of course. But they have a good base to work with, with Rome was just the setlist of that night and nothing else.

I also was there last Friday at Lowlands. Worst set I've ever had from them. Absolutely ridiculous. Why would you play the Globalist when it obviously doesn't work live/at festivals and it takes up the time of 3 regular songs?

Also they really need to stop with those long breaks inbetween songs. At one point with the balloons nothing happened for what, 5 minutes? The 'voodoo chile' intro is also at least 3x as long as it should be.

Ugh, all in all the disappointment of the festival :(

I've prepared myself for the same disappointment yesterday in Kraków, as it was their third day in a row and they played setlist like this, lol. The pace in the beginning was so sick I actually was ok with usual second leg of setlist. It sucks festival experiences can be so uneven.

I also was there last Friday at Lowlands. Worst set I've ever had from them. Absolutely ridiculous. Why would you play the Globalist when it obviously doesn't work live/at festivals and it takes up the time of 3 regular songs?

Also they really need to stop with those long breaks inbetween songs. At one point with the balloons nothing happened for what, 5 minutes? The 'voodoo chile' intro is also at least 3x as long as it should be.

Ugh, all in all the disappointment of the festival :(

Exactly. Even the people around me who were greatly enjoying the show were starting to get annoyed with the time it took to pop the balloons and with how boring TG intro was.

With that said, the crowd was probably the (only) highlight of the show for me, especially during Psycho, PiB, Hysteria and Knights. It was exactly what I missed with the 360 stage. The energy, jumping and singing was amazing!