Also, and I will probably sound very spoiled, I would really like to see them play different rarities. So maybe instead of Dead Star, Agitated, Fury, Hyper Music and Micro Cuts they could play City of Delusion, Shrinking Universe, Showbiz, Darkshines, Ruled by Secrecy, etc. Any song that is too difficult for him to sing can go too. I love me some Handler or Micro Cuts but it doesn't do anything to me if he's noticeably struggling.

they could play Shrinking Universe

Any song that is too difficult for him to sing can go too.

:chuckle:

Also, as much as I agree a teensy bit more variation in rarities would be nice, Fury's fine imo. It's only ever been played like 30-odd times iirc. They have gotten better in recent years though tbf, adding stuff like Assassin, Futurism, Uno, The Groove and Agitated to the equation.

Also, and I will probably sound very spoiled, I would really like to see them play different rarities. So maybe instead of Dead Star, Agitated, Fury, Hyper Music and Micro Cuts they could play City of Delusion, Shrinking Universe, Showbiz, Darkshines, Ruled by Secrecy, etc. Any song that is too difficult for him to sing can go too. I love me some Handler or Micro Cuts but it doesn't do anything to me if he's noticeably struggling.
You do realise that "too difficult" includes Shrinking Universe and Showbiz?

Edit: Too slow.

You do realise that "too difficult" includes Shrinking Universe and Showbiz?

Edit: Too slow.

Hm, I do. They would indeed have to be altered/lowered so he can sing them normally. The rarities (or any song really) don't necessarily have to be played exactly like the studio version.

Not to mention that Follow Me was a bitch to sing, while Madness is most likely the easiest Muse song ever to sing when the ending is done in falsetto. Panic Station was also difficult to sing, and that one didn't make it.

Both Mercy and (especially) Dead Inside are really difficult to sing, so that's another reason. In comparison, Starlight is super easy.

What if Matt turns last half Dead Inside and "MERCY" line to falsetto? :stunned:

2018 autumn club tour:

1. Intro

2. Psycho

3. Jfk

4. Interlude

5. Adagio for strings

6. Resistance

7. The globalist (extended intro) (extended outro)

8. Isolated system

9. Prelude

10. Munich jam

11. Monty jam

12. Jimmy jam

13. Mk jam

14. Undisclosed desires

15. Helsinki jam

16. Osaka jam

17. Mercy

18. Man with a harmonica

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think they could take six months off and then do another tour in all the places they left our first time. They don't need to follow the pattern of 1-2 years to tour an album, then 1-2 years to write the next one. They are big enough and have a large and loyal fan-base so five years between albums would be acceptable to me. I don't know if anyone else agrees. Radiohead waited five years to release 'A Moon Shaped Pool' and I bet they haven't lost any fans in the process. They didn't tour, either, which is a shame, but they are at least ten years older than Muse so they probably want to do other things in between.

Between TKOL and AMSP we got 6 records basically. Atoms for Peace, Thom's, Phil's, Junun and the two Jonny soundtracks.

Not everyone liked Atoms for Peace or the others. I was just talking about albums by the whole band. How many Muse fans bought Vicky Cryer's album and would count it as a Muse album?

Seeing as Reapers and The Handler are very unlikely to return next tour, I'm not sure if I want any Drones songs to stick around.

Psycho didn't pack the punch I hoped it would, although maybe they'll crank it up if its played later in the set.

Mercy and Dead Inside are ok live, but there's no way they can squeeze them both in when Starlight and Madness are almost certainly going to stick around, especially considering the next album will bring at least two new poppy singles.

I think they could take six months off and then do another tour in all the places they left our first time. They don't need to follow the pattern of 1-2 years to tour an album, then 1-2 years to write the next one. They are big enough and have a large and loyal fan-base so five years between albums would be acceptable to me. I don't know if anyone else agrees. Radiohead waited five years to release 'A Moon Shaped Pool' and I bet they haven't lost any fans in the process. They didn't tour, either, which is a shame, but they are at least ten years older than Muse so they probably want to do other things in between.

Muse have a more divided fanbase, I'd say, than Radiohead do, given that they have a 'pop' element to their albums in a way that Radiohead don't. If they wait 5 years to release another album it will be received as a 'comeback' album imo, and they may well have lost some of their fanbase. Muse's last three albums haven't lived up to Origin/Abso/BHAR and although they have gained a bigger following, they have to an extent, lost some artistic credibility. That's not the case for Radiohead. AMSP has been really well received by critics and fans alike. (Although personally I only really like 3 tracks on it; the rest is elegantly boring).

All imho!

Simple answer: Radiohead has a consistent fanbase that will stick with them. Muse partially have that as well, but a big part of their fanbase consists of casuals who will get bored if Muse plays a non-single at a gig, and who certainly won't stick around if Muse disappears for a few years.