not sure I want to see photos of their members at all...

I'm now sort of intrigued about tits on members...

In a purely scientific manner. Of course.

It's not that surprising, is it? I mean, the old Matt is long gone.

I agree with the sentiment that everybody changes. And that's okay. As long as people change for the better, one would assume...

But no, it's not surprising at all. It hasn't been for years and years.

I just get a little furious at all those comments that you have to be jealous or something if you don't like it.

The idea that every single fan that's disappointed is jealous of Elle's body or something is rather degrading.

People get upset over the most stupid shit. Who cares if they went to burning man and partied with Paris Hilton? How does that affect you?

It could certainly affect someone's enjoyment of the music if they felt it showed the band "sold out" or was pandering, etc, no?

It could certainly affect someone's enjoyment of the music if they felt it showed the band "sold out" or was pandering, etc, no?

I'm sorry, but that's really stupid. As far as I can tell, Matt's "offence" was going to Burning Man where nudity is kind of common place, and taking a photo with a celebrity. Not exactly stepping o the backs of fans, is he? If this is what it takes for you to realise that Muse have sold out, you really mustn't be listening to their music.

I'm now sort of intrigued about tits on members...

In a purely scientific manner. Of course.

My comment was purely sleazy. Picturing members only. It's the way my mind works.

The idea that every single fan that's disappointed is jealous of Elle's body or something is rather degrading.

I'm jealous of Elle's body (despite me being thin as her), she's stunning! But I'm not disappointed in MB bec of the photos. Good luck to him I say, why shouldn't he have some fun? Rock stars have always pulled good looking women, perk of the job.

I see why the young or idealistic would feel that. But me, I see people growing up, changing. I'm too old/cynical about the world to care.

It's not that surprising, is it? I mean, the old Matt is long gone.

We all change, even if we think we don't. Unless you live in a bubble.

I'm sorry, but that's really stupid. As far as I can tell, Matt's "offence" was going to Burning Man where nudity is kind of common place, and taking a photo with a celebrity. Not exactly stepping o the backs of fans, is he? If this is what it takes for you to realise that Muse have sold out, you really mustn't be listening to their music.

I am surprised that it took people this long to figure it out, but I'm not going to act all high and mighty about it. :LOL:

I think there's genuinely people out there that took the music very seriously, even in the TR and after era, and truly believed their idea of Matt as some shy dorky intellectual off stage. Something relatable that wasn't about the typical sex, drugs and rock and roll (post 2001, of course. :chuckle: )

I'm not going to shit on people who feel that way; it's actually kind of uplifting to see that people still believe in the sincerity of stuff like that. A lot of them are probably pretty young, too.

Some people are just sick of the Hollywood/celebrity bullshit, and I respect that a lot.

Unfortunately, they seem to have assumed that Muse fell into that category.

As for stepping on the backs of fans... that's another conversation entirely.

Lol if you don't think that Matt would have done the same thing 15 years ago, he just didn't have a cameraphone and access to instagram then.

It's more that Elle is comfortable with it. Possibly a downright exhibitionist.

You really didn't see much with Kate, despite how "Hollywood" I'm sure that relationship and the things they did were.

(In fact when someone reported on that party where they were stapling things to asses, Kate's people got her name removed from the stories.)

But, it appears to be less about Elle, and more that, again, people saw Muse (or Matt) as more down to earth and relatable.

Yes, likely because up until now he wasn't posting it on his accounts for people to see.

I'm still convinced he knows this is going to rub people the wrong way, and is actually trying to stir up attention. :chuckle:

Lol if you don't think that Matt would have done the same thing 15 years ago, he just didn't have a cameraphone and access to instagram then.

More like he didn't have the money and fame. But they certainly made do with what they had when they could get it. At least Matt and Dom.