Btw:

They played Assassin in Cologne last year as well. But there was a fan who attended the meet&greet before the gig and asked matt, if he could write "Assassin" on her arm, because it's her favorite song. After that, Matt asked her: "oh... You wanna hear it tonight?" and she screamed "yess!"... So they've played it.

Haven't replied individually 'cause I'm still in a tizz from last night but thank you so much to everyone who's said well done or that they're happy for me and stuff. This whole sign debacle has been one of the best experiences of my life (is that sad? :chuckle:) and you lot being so nice has definitely added to that <3

Add me to the list of thank-you people! Was awesome to get Assassin last night, never thought I'd hear it again live, not at an arena gig anyway! And going into it after JFK too, just perfect.

Do you, or anyone else on here who went last night, near the barrier at the central-walkway junction have blonde/bleached hair scraped into a pony-tail? Tallish bloke.

Wow, fantastic gig! Kind of having a hard time putting my feelings into words, but yesterday was insane. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts on the gig:

Crowd: The effects of the 360 stage, as described by many on here, were clearly visible. First few rows were always up for jumping, but behind that there were mainly only separate pockets of jumpers. I guess this is a good crow considering this stage, and I'm definitely not saying it sucked, I had great fun, but the silly stage just prevents that whole 'a ton of people jumping up and down thing' and the crowd being so thin just takes that big crowd feeling away. Luckily I found some people who were up for jumping and moshing about and the group got a bit bigger towards the end of the gig (we even moshed to Resistance, Starlight and Munich Jam :LOL:; I especially really enjoyed the last one)

Muse seemed to have fun, many smiles exchanged and so on. Hilarious moments, when they're ending a song and looking at each other for the timing, but Dom rotates away from Matt and has to turn his head further and further to keep eye-contact :LOL:. Matts voice seemed pretty good, couldn't hear any hoarse falsettos. But generally, when singing along and jumping about I feel it's a little hard to really judge vocals.

Last point: Setlist. Awesome. I don't mind Resistance, great to have PiB and Bliss in one gig, love AP, and the only playback thingy I really didn't like was IS. That kinda dampened the energy at that point.

And then there obviously was Assassin :D. I'm really sorry that it didn't happen earlier in Belfast. It totally should have. Apart from that, it was insane. I lost my mind when I realized it started, and the mosh pit to it was probably the heaviest I've been in at a Muse gig, together with Stockholm at Emirates or Waldbühne maybe. What a song, still can't believe it. And obviously thanks to Jobby, but see below ;).

Also a guy came up to me at the end of today's gig and knew who I was from the sign, said thanks and stuff which was v nice (if undeserved on my part). So...at least one person has seen/met me at the time :chuckle:

Aaand that was me :D. Once the gig finished, I went on the look out for a guy with an Assassin sign and checked if you maybe positioned yourself exactly where you did the night before (which you did). The rest is history and I'm glad I got to say thank you in person :). Also, it wasn't hard to notice you were way over the moon :D. But why undeserved on your part? I'm debating this in my head, but I think there's a high probability this wouldn't have happened without your sign. And either way, the whole story is a thing I'll never forget in my life, so thank you for that.

Still better the tour gets better eventually than having a Resistance Tour style of global bitterness until 2011. Just sucks there was this large, and likely self-aware, dip in quality in the middle.

This.

Yeah - Eurasia, Map, TAB, Revolt and Butterflies or Stockholm I reckon.

Yea, I'm hoping to hear TaB, Map and Stockholm tonight. Maybe even B&H. Looking forward to it. But really, any sort of pressure is gone. This trip was already worth it. I'm really really sad my best Muse buddy couldn't accompany me this time, but can't change that. I would have loved to share all this with him. Also, I seriously appreciate and am aware of how lucky I am and I'm really sorry for people who were less lucky this tour.

This was long, I'm friggin over-excited and wanted to share :).

tl;dr (Great gig, great perfomance, Assassin :D, good crowd, met Jobby afterwards) --> :awesome:

Unfortunately many people confuse the version they play live usually with the actual GOB.

I really wish people would label it as Assassin (Extended) because it certainly isn't Debase/GOB without the midsection in the middle/vocals.

Still better the tour gets better eventually than having a Resistance Tour style of global bitterness until 2011. Just sucks there was this large, and likely self-aware, dip in quality in the middle.

The ordering is still a mess though.

I wouldn't say global bitterness. 2010 was really good for Europeans throughout the stadium tour and it was really nice for those of us who saw them in the Fall in the US (Staples 2010). East Coast along with Australia had it pretty well too.

Denver got a really nice show because their tour buses got stuck in the snow or something on the Spring 2010 leg of the tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/pepsi-center-denver-co-5bd53794.html

Overall The Resistance tour has this stigma against it for being "bad" but it really wasn't, except for the Spring 2010 leg being really predictable and really boring. The setlists were nice in retrospect, it was just a huge transition from "classic" Muse 1999-2008 to Muse the arena act 2009-2016 and the stage doesn't help the fans on here (the people who were on the barrier) remember how it was. Setlists were incredibly short though, 15-17 songs.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Add me to the list of thank-you people! Was awesome to get Assassin last night, never thought I'd hear it again live, not at an arena gig anyway! And going into it after JFK too, just perfect.

Do you, or anyone else on here who went last night, near the barrier at the central-walkway junction have blonde/bleached hair scraped into a pony-tail? Tallish bloke.

So pleased for you guys. I love Assassin, have not seen it since 06. Wish i had gone last night, but still enjoyed my two gigs. (I got my fave, CE, at Birmingham. First time i had ever seen).

Denver got a really nice show because their tour buses got stuck in the snow or something on the Spring 2010 leg of the tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/pepsi-center-denver-co-5bd53794.html

I didn't think the tour was that bad, it just had the same length nonsense as this one had; like, I got that exact setlist, but they rotated US with GL (okay, same album, win win for me,) but then just simply dropped a song, I didn't get Map, and it was 15 songs long for no reason.

Not only did he do 'The Thing' in Uprising, but it was 'The Thing Extended Version' :LOL:

I kind of want to know... but I kind of don't. :chuckle:

I didn't think the tour was that bad, it just had the same length nonsense as this one had; like, I got that exact setlist, but they rotated US with GL (okay, same album, win win for me,) but then just simply dropped a song, I didn't get Map, and it was 15 songs long for no reason.

I kind of want to know... but I kind of don't. :chuckle:

I meant to film it (I don't usually bother filming I'm too busy enjoying, but I was gonna anyway) but I was so sweaty and excited after Assassin I couldn't be arsed.

Re the Resistance tour and this one, I think this tour is far superior, UK version at least. Partly because Drones is a great album, way better than TR and the set-list rotations have been terrific. The only duds, for me, are Madness and Dead Inside. Although I'm bored by TIRO, Starlight, SMBH etc I get bouyed by the massive crowd reaction, sing-a-long, clap-a-long etc.

The visuals on this tour are great and the central stage, which I hadn't expected to like, has made the huge O2 arena seem intimate. That's been a bonus

Someone be a dear and take a sign tonight asking for a good set on Sunday for me please :LOL::LOL:

Second! :LOL:

Getting hyped now as Sunday is nearly around the corner & I'm hoping for crowd buzzing tunes! As much as I hate DI & Madness, they're going to be there regardless so I can cope with them. Just hope we don't get UD and Aftermath aswell :D

Hopefully we get Defector. That deserves another go! Or give us Assassin aswell (Not to rub it in at Belfast peeps, That was a damn shame!), Or TSP....Or Showbiz (Lol the last one won't happen but it's a laugh to say it anyway)~

I am curious to know what the last London night is going to be like. Especially with the insane reaction over Assassin last night. Is it going to go out with a bang or not? I'll be keeping an eye out! :)

Second! :LOL:

Getting hyped now as Sunday is nearly around the corner & I'm hoping for crowd buzzing tunes! As much as I hate DI & Madness, they're going to be there regardless so I can cope with them. Just hope we don't get UD and Aftermath aswell :D

Hopefully we get Defector. That deserves another go! Or give us Assassin aswell (Not to rub it in at Belfast peeps, That was a damn shame!), Or TSP....Or Showbiz (Lol the last one won't happen but it's a laugh to say it anyway)~

I am curious to know what the last London night is going to be like. Especially with the insane reaction over Assassin last night. Is it going to go out with a bang or not? I'll be keeping an eye out! :)

I really really want Assassin Sunday/Monday. Baaaad lol