It would have been nice for them to play in in Belfast but I think taking some mumbled off-hand comment on stage over a year ago as a promise is really reaching. Do you guys follow through on stuff like that in your own lives?

I do it for friends on a much smaller scale because I'm a reliable person, and I'd certainly do it for several hundred fans that are going out of their way to travel to see it.

So... tomorrow night's going to be a bit anti-climactic. :chuckle:

Its fair to sympathise to be fair, as even if Matt did just say "Maybe" during the big Assassin monologue at Ulster rather than definitely say "We'll come back and do it", its more than a bit odd to not do it in Belfast, and then go ahead and play it in another venue a 2 hour flight away.

It would have been nice for them to play in in Belfast but I think taking some mumbled off-hand comment on stage over a year ago as a promise is really reaching. Do you guys follow through on stuff like that in your own lives?

I guess we know you're unreliable then.

Geez, with backlash over playing Assassin, imagine what happens if they actually bust out Showbiz or Defector this tour.

"They played Defector!!"

"Should have played it in Brussels those cocksucking wankers!!!"

They didn't promise either of those songs to an audience of 2000 people, though, so...

Geez, with backlash over playing Assassin, imagine what happens if they actually bust out Showbiz or Defector this tour.

"They played Defector!!"

To be fair, it would be shitty promising that girl Defector in Brussels (multiple night residency so I'd imagine she went to them) and not playing it there, but played it somewhere else.

Defector in Brussels is just like Assassin in Belfast, except on a much smaller scale. Either of them are inexcusable though.

Should've played it to the crowd they actually promised it to

By the logic of one of your previous arguments, it shouldn't be a big deal, because Belfast people could have just hopped on a flight to London easily and conveniently and cheaply. :p

(Am totally just giving you a hard time.)

I really thought this was something that was already established :LOL:

That kind of mentality was broken when Dead Star/Micro Cuts were promised, they followed up on Fury for Catherine, played all sorts of obscure material for the Psycho Tour, at least attempted Assassin on stage without rehearsal, played Hyper Music for us at the Mayan and followed up on Muscle Museum for the Brazil dates.

He wasn't untrustworthy for quite a while up until now.

I'm just amused at how personally some people seem to be taking this. But you know what, it's your right to feel that way, so if you want to pain yourself more over it, go right on ahead. :musesign:

Well I've been in their situation so I know how much it sucks to travel with a set of expectations, spending tons and to be let down. We were promised Micro Cuts/The Small Print "proper metal fest" for LA Rising (co-headlining with RATM), and we got the poppiest set of the 2011 dates.

"They played Defector!!"

Well, Defector *should* have been played at Brussels... you can't really argue there's video proof of him saying it would be played...

d63.jpg

Can doubt all you want, but I've never backed out on a commitment, no matter how superfluous, without consent from the party I committed to.

Work or social.

I keep my social circle small, and my mouth typically shut, so people don't take advantage, but it's something I take very seriously.