But I might try take some kind of Assassin sign like Jobby on the Sunday. Dunno how close to the front I'll get though

For reference, I started queueing at 11 and 12:30 and only just got my specific spot on both nights. The band run the length of that barrier though and the rest of it doesn't fill up for ages from what I've seen, so you might be alright arriving at a normal time and just hanging out further down.

Do you, or anyone else on here who went last night, near the barrier at the central-walkway junction have blonde/bleached hair scraped into a pony-tail? Tallish bloke.

Nah, brown hair with a slightly propped-up floppy fringe for me :chuckle: Think I saw who you mean though, pretty sure I saw him on Tuesday as well.

Aaand that was me :D. Once the gig finished, I went on the look out for a guy with an Assassin sign and checked if you maybe positioned yourself exactly where you did the night before (which you did). The rest is history and I'm glad I got to say thank you in person :). Also, it wasn't hard to notice you were way over the moon :D. But why undeserved on your part? I'm debating this in my head, but I think there's a high probability this wouldn't have happened without your sign. And either way, the whole story is a thing I'll never forget in my life, so thank you for that.

aaaay :awesome:

I've always been super anxious about meeting people from the board irl before but I was on such a high that I actually wanted to celebrate with someone and you fit the bill well so it was nice meeting you :LOL:

As for the undeserved thing, I dunno, I guess it just feels kinda odd for people to thank me like I did a good deed or something when it was just as much for me as it was for everyone else :$ It's super kind and appreciated though, I can be overly-soppy but the responses (combined with the whole event) have actually made me a little bit emotional at times. I'll certainly never forget it either so thanks man :happy:

I really wish people would label it as Assassin (Extended) because it certainly isn't Debase/GOB without the midsection in the middle/vocals.

I just call it Assassin tbh, since that's the only way it's been played (tmk) since like '07. Same reason I don't specify PIB or Uprising as extended either. T'was amusing going back through the thread and seeing some people getting excited over the thought that it was the actual GOB though :chuckle:

Watching it back, best modern performance? Matt's vocals were pretty on point, always felt he sounded a bit out of breath in the 2015 versions.

For reference, I started queueing at 11 and 12:30 and only just got my specific spot on both nights. The band run the length of that barrier though and the rest of it doesn't fill up for ages from what I've seen, so you might be alright arriving at a normal time and just hanging out further down..

How big was your sign?

How big was your sign?

A3 sheet of card, filled it up though and highlighted Assassin in red.

Good luck if you go for it man :happy: Would also advise really holding the sign out into their field of vision and calling their names as they come past, pretty sure they would've blown right by me if I hadn't done that.

I wouldn't say global bitterness. 2010 was really good for Europeans throughout the stadium tour and it was really nice for those of us who saw them in the Fall in the US (Staples 2010). East Coast along with Australia had it pretty well too.

Denver got a really nice show because their tour buses got stuck in the snow or something on the Spring 2010 leg of the tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/pepsi-center-denver-co-5bd53794.html

Overall The Resistance tour has this stigma against it for being "bad" but it really wasn't, except for the Spring 2010 leg being really predictable and really boring. The setlists were nice in retrospect, it was just a huge transition from "classic" Muse 1999-2008 to Muse the arena act 2009-2016 and the stage doesn't help the fans on here (the people who were on the barrier) remember how it was. Setlists were incredibly short though, 15-17 songs.

The stadium tour was good but there was the whole setlists polls that annoyed people all the way through. Most arenas were still pretty short as stated. The amount of riffs and jams weren't too different from the Interlude padding they do now. It's more than just song choice.

And a lot of the same difference issues. Denver got a nice show but that was rare. Then only two concerts getting Dead Star and I think 3 getting Sunburn.

In comparison, and just talking arenas, I think this UK tour has been better. Europe as a whole is debatable, as there's disparity there too. For the US I'd take the average Resistance arena show. It was more energetic.

A3 sheet of card, filled it up though and highlighted Assassin in red.

Good luck if you go for it man :happy: Would also advise really holding the sign out into their field of vision and calling their names as they come past, pretty sure they would've blown right by me if I hadn't done that.

Exactly what I was gonna do, A3 red:) I'll probably be slightly off barrier and hang after Knights and try catch them. Which bit / side do they leave from? Thanks for the advice!

To Serpent, yeah I'll jazz it up:)

Hey jobby do you have a map or smth to show where you were standing? I want to make a TSP sign to ask it for Athens..I still have time for my gigs though. Hoping that they see a sign in Berlin for a gig in another country is kind of longshot huh?

Exactly what I was gonna do, A3 red:) I'll probably be slightly off barrier and hang after Knights and try catch them. Which bit / side do they leave from? Thanks for the advice!

To Serpent, yeah I'll jazz it up:)

Not sure if it differs from venue-to-venue tbh but, going off London, the band exit from the stairs on the right side of the arm that stretches towards the sound desk (the section that's cut off from the standing crowd). Important to know there's two sets of stairs, I originally thought there was just one 'til I saw the stage from above when I was seated. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm bad at describing these things :$

Speaking of the barrier actually, just remembered one of guards nearly broke my hand last night :stunned: Waved at them as a joke and one slammed his truncheon on the barrier right in front of me, just an inch or two shy of where my hand was resting. I get he was just playing along but, bloody hell, it was a bit close.

Not sure if it differs from venue-to-venue tbh but, going off London, the band exit from the stairs on the right side of the arm that stretches towards the sound desk (the section that's cut off from the standing crowd). Important to know there's two sets of stairs, I originally thought there was just one 'til I saw the stage from above when I was seated. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm bad at describing these things :$

Speaking of the barrier actually, just remembered one of guards nearly broke my hand last night :stunned: Waved at them as a joke and one slammed his truncheon on the barrier right in front of me, just an inch or two shy of where my hand was resting. I get he was just playing along but, bloody hell, it was a bit close.

Matts piano side, or the other side? If you see what I mean

Here at the O2 just as phantogram finished and got second from the barrier on the piano end. I love this stage setup.

Also the security guy ten feet away has a Setlist and I couldn't see what was on it. FML. such a cruel tease.

Also also is it worth staying for Knights at all?

Edited by Wraffah

Here at the O2 just as phantogram finished and got second from the barrier on the piano end. I love this stage setup.

Also the security guy ten feet away has a Setlist and I couldn't see what was on it. FML. such a cruel tease.

Take A Bow is on it.

Take A Bow is on it.

I'm happy with that! It was awesome on the 12th.

Facepalm.

Knights is awesome. If it weren't a single and played so often, all the fans will be crazy for it.

At this point I'd leave during TIRO, but for the extremely small chance of a rare song in the encore.

It's not a "lulz casuals" thing it's just genuinely boring to have such a predictable and samey run of songs every night for me.

Took a pic of the stage, will try to upload and map out where I was and stuff when I get back.

As much as I've fanboyed over the last two gigs, Knights has been meh at all 4 I've been to imo. Matt's guitar's sounded particularly guff.

I'm wary of O2 security. My brother, who is lovely and not a drunk or a trouble maker, somehow ended up out the front of the O2 unconscious because of them. He can't remember what happened but had a cut to his head and was taken to hospital.