honestly, i dont really care about the 10-20€ price difference at this point. Never been to a gig by them. They came to my country when I was 9, which I was well, unaware. :LOL:

I'm putting in around 1000$ just to see them at Prague. Travel expenses, tickets, hotel, visa and all that bullshit.

I understand what people are trying to say about the prices but well, afterall they are putting in a massive production, and IMO they deserve to earn some money out of it. If its going to be as epic as they talk about it, its well worth it. If not, still they are one of, if not the best rock band of the era..

Yeah, so I did a comparison of prices across Europe:

i1cn7t.jpg

Venue costs may be lower in Europe, but there is next to no justification for that massive difference in price.

Doing another comparison on the London O2, for standing/floor seating tickets at upcoming events there...

Imagine Dragons: £35 (standing)

Simple Minds: £55

Deep Purple: £45

Duran Duran: £55

Mumford & Sons: £38.50 (standing)

Stereophonics: £39.50 (standing)

All Time Low: £29.50 (standing)

Even One Direction, who have a long history of ripping off their fans, were selling floor seated tickets for £65.

I know a lot of people who've been priced out of London/Manchester/Glasgow tickets, who would have been able to afford to go if the prices had been in the 'normal' range for standing arena gigs - £30-40.

Uncool, Muse. Very, very uncool.

Oh yeah, the above post is the image I saw. Still bums me out quite a bit that this is the case.

honestly, i dont really care about the 10-20€ price difference at this point. Never been to a gig by them. They came to my country when I was 9, which I was well, unaware. :LOL:

I'm putting in around 1000$ just to see them at Prague. Travel expenses, tickets, hotel, visa and all that bullshit.

I understand what people are trying to say about the prices but well, afterall they are putting in a massive production, and IMO they deserve to earn some money out of it. If its going to be as epic as they talk about it, its well worth it. If not, still they are one of, if not the best rock band of the era..

I guess there's a question of perspective really, given people in the UK can remember them touring here for cheaper prices (£17 on Absolution '03, £25 for Earls Court '04, hell, £50 for Wembley '10). If you're a repeat attendee, like at this point, I am, then I guess that question comes up.

I'm impressed by the commitment shown there. More than I've ever done for a single show.

I do get I'm paying a bit for a massive production and to some extent, I would like to see a vast space like the O2 turned into this big weird showy production, as a great production makes it feel less identikit. But I'd also prefer it to be at least £5-10 less, and at this point, I don't think its gonna be missed that much.

Still, with any luck, it'll be worth it, and if I decide in advance its not going to be, I know ways to find someone who will think it is.

It does make the expectations for the gigs incredibly high, and makes me worry if I'd ever be satisfied with the center stage and what will probably be very standard setlists.

Not that I think they'll get away with charging those sorts of prices in the US, but I think the cities are going to be so limited I'd be looking at spending at least a grand in travel and hotels.

I'd still much rather see them play without any of the theatrics, and it's a downer that one of the few bands I still enjoy is also one that insists on this type of stage show.

Thing is, I don't want to see a massive production. I'm paying to see a band, not a theatre performance. Play some good songs and play them well, that's all I need, but I feel like they've lost that over the years and started hiding behind massive props instead.

I'm just saying, I think there's a reason they don't consistently win best live act anymore.

Thing is, I don't want to see a massive production. I'm paying to see a band, not a theatre performance. Play some good songs and play them well, that's all I need, but I feel like they've lost that over the years and started hiding behind massive props instead.

I'm just saying, I think there's a reason they don't consistently win best live act anymore.

I don't even like that T2L Rome DVD because of all the production stuff. I loved the festival streams this year, and the one gig in June that I've been too. Nothing but a stage, a bit of video stuff in the background and them. :happy:

Well thank you for just making me realise that 2 gigs will be really enough for me. :)

I wonder if someone along the lines justified bumping the price of the tickets a $20 equivalent to accommodate "selling" a copy of the CD to everyone...

I wonder how many people pay £70+ to see a band and haven't even bothered to listen to their latest album.

When you look at the list of the price differences, it really puts it all into perspective. I know different currencies have different rates, but there's no justifying that much of a price increase!

The only way they'll learn this is if people don't buy tickets in protest. Sadly, judging by posts here, the pre-sale sold quickly, and that looks set to continue in the general sale. I know Muse are one of the best live bands on the planet, but that shouldn't give them the right to make prices so high.

In comparison, I went to a festival last month, and have booked a festival for next March, at £60 per ticket for each festival. That's two entire weekends of seeing many bands, as opposed to 2-3 in one night for £10+ more. The Muse ticket prices are ridiculous when you look at it like that...

I wonder how many people pay £70+ to see a band and haven't even bothered to listen to their latest album.

I believe they're just drawing crowds on word of mouth and knowing these gigs are a huge spectacle, honestly.

There's probably a lot of people paying that much to see them, who haven't heard anything but the singles.

Some people will always have more money than sense. :chuckle:

NME have done a piece speaking to some of the production designers

Might be spoilery, but apparently there's 16 drones for the tour. Which is going to be interesting to explain if any of them crash into one another... it doesn't sound like they're all going to be on wires.

With something like that it's going to predetermined flight paths, either stored locally or sent at the same time. A lot of of the shelf drones have great safety features now, like presetting a route back home if they lose contact with their controller. The biggest risk with flying something overhead that is out of your control is hardware failure.

It will be interesting what they do with them, depending on the size of them it might be feasible to use them as moving spot lights surrounding the stage.

I'm beginning to believe the reasoning behind packaging the album with the tickets is that they are going to play the whole album live and they want people to be as familiar as possible with it maybe

Like homework? "You better listen to that before you go to the concert!!! There will be a quiz!". :LOL:

Or maybe it'll be indeed a Drones musical? Hmmmmmmm....

I'm beginning to believe the reasoning behind packaging the album with the tickets is that they are going to play the whole album live and they want people to be as familiar as possible with it maybe

Full Drones with drones... how subtle. :chuckle:

I'm presuming they'll have cameras on, given the He-3 Drone filters used for background visuals on the big screen at the festival concert.

Nah, it's more likely because nobody buys albums any more, and it's literally the only way they can get people to listen to it!

As for the drones, I'd say they're being used for spotlights/cameras. From that description, I'm guessing people will be getting a bit of a show or something special for their money, but will it be 73 quid's worth, that's the question? And what's the justification for providing it to Portugal for half the price?

Either way, I think I'd rather just pay half the price and see the band without any flashy bells or whistles. Bit like the Electric Ballroom show last week, in fact :awesome:

As for the drones, I'd say they're being used for spotlights/cameras. From that description, I'm guessing people will be getting a bit of a show or something special for their money, but will it be 73 quid's worth, that's the question? And what's the justification for providing it to Portugal for half the price?

Either way, I think I'd rather just pay half the price and see the band without any flashy bells or whistles. Bit like the Electric Ballroom show last week, in fact :awesome:

In comparison, Rammstein have put on massive shows, with a ton of props, stunts and pyro for years, and their shows are (arguably) more of a spectacle than anything Muse has ever done. They admit they've made losses, but still do it anyway, although the merch has bought them back into profit. The most I was ever charged for one of their gigs (including booking fees) was £47. So even if Muse put on a massive show, the price is not justified.

Matt said that their two Wembley gigs back in the day made a small loss.

Let's do some fairly basic maths:

o2 Capacity: 15,000 (I know it's 20,000, but with the centre stage, let's be conservative)

15,000 tickets x average ticket price of £55 (again conservative) = £825,000

Let's say the each arena has an average 15,000 capacity on the tour.

15,000 x 20 dates so far = 300,000 tickets x £55 = £16.5m.

Lots and lots of overheads, logistic costs of course, but are you telling me that it will cost them £16.5m to put on 20 gigs?

I've horrendously oversimplified the maths, I know, but it's food for thought.

From tickets ALONE, before merchandise, there is £800,000+ going into the kitty every gig next year.

Matt said that their two Wembley gigs back in the day made a small loss.

Let's do some fairly basic maths:

o2 Capacity: 15,000 (I know it's 20,000, but with the centre stage, let's be conservative)

15,000 tickets x average ticket price of £55 (again conservative) = £825,000

Let's say the each arena has an average 15,000 capacity on the tour.

15,000 x 20 dates so far = 300,000 tickets x £55 = £16.5m.

Lots and lots of overheads, logistic costs of course, but are you telling me that it will cost them £16.5m to put on 20 gigs?

I've horrendously oversimplified the maths, I know, but it's food for thought.

From tickets ALONE, before merchandise, there is £800,000+ going into the kitty every gig next year.

I think I remember reading that the resistance tour had a daily cost of around 175k. So we can assume this will be higher for the Drones tour. So daily costs could well be 350-450k (possibly)

Which very quickly halves the 16 million. Add on all sorts of other stuff and it probably halves again. Still a good profit though!

There's a simpler solution... which would be to be mindful of the cost of the production they're putting on, and keep it in line with reasonable ticket prices AND profits...

Absolutely.

As someone else has said, and I completely agree with this, I would rather pay a flat £50 to see them stood on a stage, with a static video in the background.

Song,song,song (x20-22), leave stage, good night all.

The drones will look sooooo cool, and the stage setup will be AWESOME, but like I said in another post, leave the megasuperduperamazeballs stage production to stadiums.

Give the fans an arena tour first, at a decent cost, and then if we like what we see/hear, we'll probably pay again to go to the stadiums. As it stands, they'll still sell out (no double meaning, honest) the arenas, but I feel they've alienated a few long-term fans.

Do they care? Probably not.

Got my tickets for Glasgow this morning and although I'm mega excited as always still not sure how they can justify he tickets prices.

Yes, production will be taken to a new level so to speak but I can't help but feel like I'm going to be disappointed already. I predict that the production will be spectacular and out of this world but I know the set list will still probably be around 18 songs with only a few rotations. Of them songs if expect Revolt to be a staple and worries of what song that will replace as we know they won't get rid of starlight, Tiro etc.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong and we get more songs and the best gig of my life but I'm staying reserved

I can't help but wonder if planning-wise, there's no plans for a stadium tour in 2017, and this is it for a main Muse headline European tour. But who knows - we're still probably a year from knowing dates on that front. Though in any case, it might be the case that they can only do the shows for this tour in arenas, given the band have been going on about not being able to bring the drones with them to festivals, and I highly doubt they'd be allowed to fly them over stadiums crowds either. Not sure what makes arenas different though... less chance of rain fucking up the electronics?

Given I paid £71 to see Foo Fighters at MK Bowl and the production at that was just a video screen (well, and the Grohl throne), then my view is a little distorted, but I do agree it may well be more worthwhile or cost-effective if it was cheaper ticket and a bit more of a restrained production, or even just a video screen production like the festivals have been. Not helping the mood is a piece I saw that hinted that soon, academy-level gigs could be pushing £40-50 across the board because acts rely on touring as their primary income source now.

I do agree though - as much as I'm happy to be going, I'd be much more comfortable if it was cheaper, and it can be so.