There's a simpler solution... which would be to be mindful of the cost of the production they're putting on, and keep it in line with reasonable ticket prices AND profits...

This. I know that people want to see a spectacle, but gig ticket prices have been rising steadily for years, and they are rapidly getting to the point where they are NOT affordable. Even 50 quid on short notice is stretching it for a lot of people on an average wage. 70 quid is just being goddamn rude.

As I said earlier, there are so many people I know who have been priced out of seeing Muse because of the cost of the tickets on this tour. Even if it is the production costs that have raised prices on this tour, I'm absolutely certain that if they toned down the promise of a spectacle and accordingly decreased ticket prices, the band would sell just as many tickets - if not more!

I'm already considering selling my tickets for either one or both London gigs tbh. The more I think about it, the less and less likely it seems like it's gonna be worth it, especially going by recent setlists.

I guess I've got time to think about it though.

I'm already considering selling my tickets for either one or both London gigs tbh. The more I think about it, the less and less likely it seems like it's gonna be worth it, especially going by recent setlists.

I guess I've got time to think about it though.

Seven months, by my count. So yeah, plenty of time.

I was hoping to do both in London, but the price put me off, and a part of me may still offload this if I think "Nah, this won't be worth it". But I'm willing to wait until the Paris gigs at the start of this tour, see the sets and make a decision from there.

Ive seen both shows with spectacular productions like Wall-remake and simple ones like Jack White and Neil Young. They are both amazing to attend. I dont really have a preference

Its down to the personal choice of the artist. Muse have done plenty of laid back gigs at Psycho tour. I understand that they want something huge now.

Also it is not possible to do what they are doing with drones at an open stadium gig. If you have 16 drones flying close by, you cant afford to deal with wind and weather conditions.

Its down to the personal choice of the artist. Muse have done plenty of laid back gigs at Psycho tour. I understand that they want something huge now.

The Psycho Tour was, what, 5 gigs? Wouldn't really call that 'plenty'.

Anyway, you can play big venues and have a decent production without it becoming overbearing and distracting, which is what Muse have leant towards over the last 5 or 6 years.

They started off this era aiming to strip things back and for once I think they actually achieved that. This production makes it sound like they've taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back though.

Glasgow too. See below.

Seems odd that for an 'In the round' tour, several venues are only three sides. I guess standing folk will still surround them though.

15398s.gif

My concern with this is with the majority of the crowd facing one direction will it mean the band will focus most of their attention that way? Might mean people standing at the rear where most of the standing space appears to be might end up spending most the gig looking at Matt's ass :p

My concern with this is with the majority of the crowd facing one direction will it mean the band will focus most of their attention that way? Might mean people standing at the rear where most of the standing space appears to be might end up spending most the gig looking at Matt's ass :p

Pretty much. Even if the seats went all the way the round, the band would almost definitely end up focussing in one direction anyway 'cause of which way the instruments + microphones are facing.

The Psycho Tour was, what, 5 gigs? Wouldn't really call that 'plenty'.

Anyway, you can play big venues and have a decent production without it becoming overbearing and distracting, which is what Muse have leant towards over the last 5 or 6 years.

this is again, down to the preferrence. What they do is an art and some bands or musicians prefer to do plain, straight forward gigs and some do the other way around. Considering production as "overbearing and distracting" in my opinion is wrong. Because an gig should be considered as a "whole". You just have to accept that what you are paying for is not plain music, but a show.

They started off this era aiming to strip things back and for once I think they actually achieved that. This production makes it sound like they've taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back though.

They started off aiming to strip the sound back, they never mentioned anything production wise.

That being said, I also would like Muse to do more intimate and striped back gigs. But I know that I will enjoy the shit out of the amazing production they are planning about. :$ And I bet you will also do :rolleyes:

That being said, I also would like Muse to do more intimate and striped back gigs. But I know that I will enjoy the shit out of the amazing production they are planning about. :$ And I bet you will also do :rolleyes:
I bet I will too. Although I really, really disliked the stuff from the last stadium tour. I didn't go to any of the non-arena gigs for T2L tour, but I saw the Rome DVD (That gasoline drinking woman? Errr, no. :LOL:)

Maybe it's cooler when you're actually there.

this is again, down to the preferrence. What they do is an art and some bands or musicians prefer to do plain, straight forward gigs and some do the other way around. Considering production as "overbearing and distracting" in my opinion is wrong. Because an gig should be considered as a "whole". You just have to accept that what you are paying for is not plain music, but a show.

They started off aiming to strip the sound back, they never mentioned anything production wise.

I left feeling positive about the TR tour, but once the "omg, I just saw TaB" wore off, I remembered that I'd been pretty disappointed through most of the gig.

The stage set up was really cool. For the opening song.

Then it just became a giant prop that made it so I couldn't see the band, and made me feel like I was watching a really elaborate laser light show.

:rolleyes:

People's opinions aren't "wrong" because they don't reflect what the band is actually doing. It's a commercial product that people pay a ton for, and they are entitled to feel however they want about it.

Most band's "shows" don't involve this sort of production, which I also happen to agree is often distracting, overbearing, and often obstructive of the performance.

And it's understandable that, when Matt first began talking about "stripping back" and "having gone too far" that it was during an interview about Live in Rome, that people would have made the assumption that they were also talking about the live shows.

Especially when they were also saying they were embarrassed of the big robot in the long run, and thought they'd run out of ways to top themselves.

And I didn't see the stadium T2L tour, either, obviously, but the stage actually looked kind of uninteresting, tbh, and the actors were sort of painful.

The T2L arena gigs actually got the balance between "show" and performance right.