Seriously though, that's their job. 100 minutes per day (hard work, though). Can't be that bad?

Matt's voice will take a beating though. Also, travelling really has an impact on physical and mental wellbeing, especially if doing it frequently. I think they do need time off between long runs of gigs. It's not just the 100 minutes a day, it's all the logistics surrounding it. Not seeing loved ones etc.

Seriously though, that's their job. 100 minutes per day (hard work, though). Can't be that bad?

I hope it`s even a bit more this time. Sure it`s their job but you need to rest and matts voice needs to rest - I prefer less gigs with no voice problems or a tired band.

All in all there`s just scandinavia left - I think that gigs will be on one of the 2 other gaps or even june or february (still a big gap between the end of november and the end of february).

Then there`s just North America and Australia left which will be 4 weeks total or so (maybe in Summer?)

Matt's voice will take a beating though. Also, travelling really has an impact on physical and mental wellbeing, especially if doing it frequently. I think they do need time off between long runs of gigs. It's not just the 100 minutes a day, it's all the logistics surrounding it. Not seeing loved ones etc.

totally agree, soundchecks, interviews and stuff...

What are people's thoughts on them going beyond 6th June?

Personal circumstances dictate that I can't make any of the dates so far (long story), but anything after 6th June would be fine. July/August would be particularly nice, but I have a sneaky feeling that August/September/October will be USA/Canada time...

Doubt it, Getting right into festival season there so I imagine they'd be switching to that around June. That or taking a break. Glasto hype

Do you honestly think that the band just chills the whole day and then show up minutes before the gig starts?

Don't shatter the illusion!

I've been to a few gigs where it seems like that was the case :LOL: The Big Pink in Nottingham was a fucking disaster

Do you honestly think that the band just chills the whole day and then show up minutes before the gig starts?

A bit of sound check?

Seriously what do YOU think they do if they're in the same city 4 days in a row? Last time in Vienna they said something about a bicycle tour... :p

Doubt it, Getting right into festival season there so I imagine they'd be switching to that around June. That or taking a break. Glasto hype

doubt they do that much festivals in 2016, glasto maybe. But US and Australia is maybe more important, not sure they do the 360 stage thing over there or what do you guys think (they don`t do it in Asia now right?!)?

So.... a second date for Manchester, and a 3rd and 4TH date for London.... are they out of their minds? Or do no other cities in the UK exist anymore? Plus the prices are fucking ridiculous. This is terrible...

in my opinion theres just a few locations that can handle the 360 stage - otherwise I´m sure they wont play 4 gigs in madrid and milano and no gigs in barcelona and rome for example...

germany seems to be the only country that has more than 2 locations with the right size for the tour.

A bit of sound check?

Seriously what do YOU think they do if they're in the same city 4 days in a row? Last time in Vienna they said something about a bicycle tour... :p

In the same city four days in a row? How often does that happen? But sure, lets go with your totally appliable scenario.

They probably play 1-2 gigs, they do soundchecks, they do at least one hour's worth of interviews. That's only the stuff that I know about, as someone who has no insight.

Well they're in London and Milan for 4 days in a row. Two days for Zurich, Madrid, Paris, Manchester and Glasgow.

Just saying that I don't think it will be too stressful in the end.

Reading that Matt likes bubble baths and foot massages before a gig ads to my suspicion that it can't be that bad. :chuckle:

Well they're in London and Milan for 4 days in a row. Two days for Zurich, Manchester and Glasgow.

Just saying that I don't think it will be too stressful in the end.

:facepalm: yes because they're doing gigs during those days. They don't go to a city, do a gig and then chill for days.

And you've sung Dead Inside in front of thousands of people how many times?

london ticket prices dont seem to have deterred people - I guess the cost of moving it around the country was prohibitive - makes some sort of sense to keep it in three locations and offer multiple dates people can get to manchester, london or glasgow.

btw my Berlin tickets have just dropped on the doormat - how's that for German efficiency two days after ordering. Be lucky to get my London tickets two days before the gig knowing AXS.

got nothing to do with stressful but the body has to rest and matts voice has to rest, otherwise they won`t take a 1 day break after 2 days in one city (milan, london, paris). Messi plays just 90 minutes for 2 nights a week :D (and he isn`t running that much more :D)

I'm just saying we shouldn't feel bad for them.

And you're saying that without any experience in music, singing, live performance or constant travel.

We shouldn't feel bad for them because they make their own schedule. But the point was that we shouldn't expect them to fill every single day with a gig.

Re: UK arenas that could handle 360 stage (minimum three sides seating and removable floor seating), and have over 10,000 capacity:

Birmingham: 16,000

Liverpool: 11,000

Nottingham: 10,800

Newcastle: 11,000

Sheffield: 13,500

But then Germany probably has a whole host of cities that can boast that too, I guess, aside from Berlin, Munich, Cologne and Hamburg.

Guess it's down to preference.

I'm not a musician. I'm not saying their job is better than mine, I'm just saying we shouldn't feel bad for them.

sure but as people pay lots of money to see them they have to get sure to be in perfect shape on every gig and I think you lose that if you play too many gigs in a row.

And you're saying that without any experience in music, singing, live performance or constant travel.

We shouldn't feel bad for them because they make their own schedule. But the point was that we shouldn't expect them to fill every single day with a gig.

That wasn't my point at all. I never expected them to do anything - that's all your view of things.

Kobe, Matt himself said he doesn't get in shape before the gigs, but uses the gigs themselves for shaping up.

Anyway... my thought at first was "poor them, so many gigs, how will they cope with that?" - so I tried to reason with myself that it won't be that bad.