No, about the time when I was gigginb between 2005 to early 2007 the popular choice of bands were silly indie kids with crap hair and tight jeans...5 normal lads were never gonna be able to appose themselves on the industry in that climate. Even though I know we were and still would be better than 90% of the crap out there today.

The popular choice of bands is still silly indie kids, it doesn't matter which latest fashion trend they are falling victim to.

You didn't want to dress up like the rest of the scene and didn't make it and now you're bitter? Are you playing music like Oasis? Why not just dress with the times then? You could have got somewhere.

I entirely fail to see your point.

No, about the time when I was gigginb between 2005 to early 2007 the popular choice of bands were silly indie kids with crap hair and tight jeans...5 normal lads were never gonna be able to appose themselves on the industry in that climate. Even though I know we were and still would be better than 90% of the crap out there today.

Maybe you "5 normal lads" should of tried to be special then...

• 3 years later...

Guitar: Jonny Greenwood, Tom Morello, Jack White

Vocals: Jack White, Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke, Matt Bellamy

Piano/keyboard: Matt Bellamy, Thom Yorke, Ray Charles, Sergei Rachmaninov

Song writing: Thom Yorke/Radiohead, Matt Bellamy, Jack White

Lyrics: Thom Yorke, Eddie James (Son House), Alex Turner

My band had our first ever practice last night and we seem to be influenced most by RATM drop-D riffery.

For whenI'm writing my own stuff I often go for a RATM riff, Muse style chords in the chorus, and then maybe a guitar break/solo with a few Jimmy Page or Frusciante licks thrown in.

The influences I have include Matt Bellamy, Kelly Jones, Josh Homme, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer (who I've got into a lot recently), Joe Perry, Steven Wilson, Tom Waits, Jeff Buckley, Chris Wolstenholme, Les Claypool and Tom Morello :LOL:

These include Guitar, Bass, Vocals and Lyrics :)

I don't remember who, but someone said that your influences all meld together to create your own sound as a musician. This I believe.

Yup, without a doubt. I now sound like a mix of Hendrix, Greenwood and Morello because of this :chuckle: Feels great to know you sound different to other people though.

Speaking of Hendrix I think I forgot to put him on my influences list, can't believe that.

Archived