He was playing the guitar, it just wasn't plugged in.

He is used to playing the guitar and having that sound in his ear while he sings. Instead, he had a guitar he couldn't hear and a cd track in his ear.

He had a guitar on, but he wasn't even really playing the song.

There would be a huge disconnection doing it this way.

He is used to playing the guitar and having that sound in his ear while he sings. Instead, he had a guitar he couldn't hear and a cd track in his ear.

I must be a guitar jesus then.

Or someone that doesn't play live music for a living.

Seriously though, it still doesn't make sense.

I have no idea how the quality of his singing is worse because he has to mime playing the guitar when the hand movements are the same either way.

Why would his singing be off because he's hearing a pre recorder guitar track?

aha yer

wat

I noticed that! I genuinely think there's been an air of embarrassment about Muse and Survival. There was a huge premiere of it, it was all over the news saying that it was the Olympic Anthem, and then it just gradually faded away :erm:

Yeah that's definitely what I've been feeling too. Like, the mixed reactions sort of made everyone play it down a bit. It got a fair bit of play in the venues (not always on air, but they played in on the PA before the events began), but that was sort of it, it hasn't been everywhere like I would have expected it to be.

I noticed that! I genuinely think there's been an air of embarrassment about Muse and Survival. There was a huge premiere of it, it was all over the news saying that it was the Olympic Anthem, and then it just gradually faded away :erm:

I was thinking that the other day, especially seeing as the BBC and the like normally play Muse at any opportunity they get.

I have no idea how the quality of his singing is worse because he has to mime playing the guitar when the hand movements are the same either way.

Why would his singing be off because he's hearing a pre recorder guitar track?

Because he wasn't allowed to bring his pitch-correction vocal-filters to the ceremony.

But they weren't the same, unless I imagined hearing his guitar when his hand wasn't even on it.

I've never played a guitar, or any musical instrument, in my life so have absolutely no clue regarding technicalities. I do know though, that having to think about something you normally do automatically, can sometimes result in mistakes.

I automatically carry out the sequence of actions required to drive my car with no conscious thought involved. At the same time, I can hold a conversation, study road signs, be very aware of other road-users etc etc. If someone asked me to go through those same actions but with the engine switched off, I know I'd have to actively think about what I was doing and that it would be to the detriment of any other actions.

Oh well, made sense to me! :LOL:

I just thought Matt sounded horribly out of tune a few times and it surprised me.

I do know though, that having to think about something you normally do automatically, can sometimes result in mistakes.

yeah but he can just do the exact same thing he would normally do, except now he doesn't have to worry about hitting the wrong string or playing the wrong chord.

And even if it does make a difference for him, all it would take is practice practice practice.

yeah but he can just do the exact same thing he would normally do, except now he doesn't have to worry about hitting the wrong string or playing the wrong chord.

And even if it does make a difference for him, all it would take is practice practice practice.

Yup.

Archived