I wonder what made NBC cut the broadcast. What a bunch of idiots :LOL:

They had to make room for the premiere of one of their god awful new shows. They cut out The Who and the Kate Bush "Running Up That Hill" segment too to shorten it. They probably figured they could get away with cutting out the extra three minutes or so.

Hey fellow Americans... NBC is showing a LONGER broadcast of the closing ceremony later... Probably on NOW for east coasters. I am thinking Muse might be on that. I'll be recording for sure.

I doubt it. The extra half hour probably includes the encore they showed at midnight. If they don't show it on the midnight encore, most likely they won't be shown on the repeat.

Well having watched it, the start with the barely audible piano and off vocals was certainly weak, but it picked up after that. It was never going to be great without the instruments being fully live though, and the choir looked...interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what proper live versions are like.

Although I was wrong that he wouldn't do the chest-note, I don't think he'll continue doing this song as a regular like that. The A4's sounded like a real struggle and he barely had breath to go over into the falsetto. And the Bb4 belt will be a hit-or-miss and is at the very top of his range, which is something he seems to avoid doing regularly. But we won't know for sure until the touring starts.

But did you people actually see Muse perform? I was watching Eric Idle, blinked and suddenly there was Brian May and a girl with a ridiculous jumpsuit.

Now, seriously, I'm surprised people are focussing so much on Matt's vocals but nobody is complaining about the bad treatment the band received yesterday. Everything happened so fast. I can't believe some artists had the opportunity to sing two or more songs (Hello Jesse J), and Muse not only didn't have a special moment to perform (wouldn't have made ​​more sense for them to play where Take That did?) but they had to "play" a shortened version of the OFFICIAL olympic song :noey:

But did you people actually see Muse perform? I was watching Eric Idle, blinked and suddenly there was Brian May and a girl with a ridiculous jumpsuit.

Now, seriously, I'm surprised people are focussing so much on Matt's vocals but nobody is complaining about the bad treatment the band received yesterday. Everything happened so fast. I can't believe some artists have the opportunity to sing two or more songs (Hello Jesse J), and Muse not only didn't have a special moment to perform (wouldn't have made ​​more sense for them to play where Take That did?) but they had to "play" a shortened version of the OFFICIAL olympic song :noey:

I agree...

However, I'm glad that at least they finally did it... at the very end and it was really short, but it was amazing feeling to see them performing after such a long break :)

Now, seriously, I'm surprised people are focussing so much on Matt's vocals but nobody is complaining about the bad treatment the band received yesterday. Everything happened so fast. I can't believe some artists have the opportunity to sing two or more songs (Hello Jesse J), and Muse not only didn't have a special moment to perform (wouldn't have made ​​more sense for them to play where Take That did?) but they had to "play" a shortened version of the OFFICIAL olympic song :noey:

Indeed. I wanted also the Prelude played, not only Survival (seeing the Prelude features in the shortened BBC version!)

The band was treated like "hurry, get on stage, play and GTFO" :noey:

My day has been crappy.

First, I discover I'm moving a ways away with one year left of high school, leaving all of my friends, not to mention a hard conversation with my girlfriend.

That was tough enough. We are both each other's first BF/GF and neither of us had ever dealt with that.

Then, I try to watch the Pokemon World Championship livestream to cheer up and it decides to freeze during the ENTIRE last battle! It only resumes as soon as the judge lifts [unspoiled winner]'s hand and he smiles in victory. He is the best there ever was.

I'm already pissed at this point.

Finally, NBC cuts Muse from the closing ceremonies for the US and the US alone, after I sit through that fashion show, One Direction, etc. FOR THREE HOURS.

Yup, my day was F***ING TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOYCOTT NBC!!!!!!! THEY SUCK ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: I joined to post this in the most applicable environment possible.

Not only were they cut from the NBC broadcast (huge fail), but my tv provider had a complete outage of the ceremony as well. So I had the joy of having nothing but a black screen for 30 minutes. Shame that the band that made THE OFFICIAL SONG of the Olympics gets treated like shit.

My day has been crappy.

First, I discover I'm moving a ways away with one year left of high school, leaving all of my friends, not to mention a hard conversation with my girlfriend.

That was tough enough. We are both each other's first BF/GF and neither of us had ever dealt with that.

Then, I try to watch the Pokemon World Championship livestream to cheer up and it decides to freeze during the ENTIRE last battle! It only resumes as soon as the judge lifts [unspoiled winner]'s hand and he smiles in victory. He is the best there ever was.

I'm already pissed at this point.

Finally, NBC cuts Muse from the closing ceremonies for the US and the US alone, after I sit through that fashion show, One Direction, etc. FOR THREE HOURS.

Yup, my day was F***ING TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOYCOTT NBC!!!!!!! THEY SUCK ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: I joined to post this in the most applicable environment possible.

:)

Yeah, but the international videos are being blocked on YT by NBC.

America.

Archived