:mad: No. And in cases like this it's okay, just like all the other pro footage that has been posted for years.

And if anyone is confused, ask Niall. :phu:

I thought it was great.

I've been hearing this really loud with headphones and I think Matt nailed it.

I think the TV coverage screw it...

Try this ones from the perspective of one person in the stadium:

It has potential to be massive live! :D

I thought it was great.

I've been hearing this really loud with headphones and I think Matt nailed it.

I think the TV coverage screw it...

Try this ones from the perspective of one person in the stadium:

It has potential to be massive live! :D

Yeah, I also noticed it sounded better from amateur recorded footage. Not a good sign! :chuckle:

I'm confused at why people would ACTUALLY be upset about posting material that a portion of the fanbase was actually unable to view legitimately...

Especially when said material won't hurt the band *in any way* and is completely different from posting commercial tracks/videos that people can actually buy.

And, if companies like NBC care that much about piracy, maybe they should make damn certain they do a good job with their broadcasts, when they have the exclusive rights.

Muse wasn't the only thing cut from that broadcast. Kate Bush, as well as some of George Micheal and Ray Davies were cut, and NBC had the audacity to then cut it short to try and gain support for an abysmal comedy pilot.

Sure, some of the The Who was played an hour later, but the rest of the show wasn't, and it was a complete dick move.

They also cut some of the music from the Opening, and the 7/7 tribute.

NBC FORCED us to want to pirate these performances, or go without seeing them due to their complete callousness towards their programming and audience. I get captialism... I really do. But the Olympics are kind of a big deal, and who the fuck would think cramming in a new show for an hour would be an appropriate move?

I wonder, if the tables were turned, if people would feel the same way.

Guest bellamylookalike

What are the reasons for not letting them play guitar/bass? Townshend and May did, right? I don't get it, and I don't think his vocals were noticeably bad, the performance was great it just lacked that spark of Matt's live guitar, like when the guitar is screeching before he approaches the mic and he's not even playing it :LOL: Big mistake of the director to curtail a guitar player of that standard live.

What are the reasons for not letting them play guitar/bass? Townshend and May did, right? I don't get it, and I don't think his vocals were noticeably bad, the performance was great it just lacked that spark of Matt's live guitar, like when the guitar is screeching before he approaches the mic and he's not even playing it :LOL: Big mistake of the director to curtail a guitar player of that standard live.

I don't know about Townshend, because I didn't stick around, but May did not appear to be playing live.

I suppose they didn't want to worry about mixing the sound for the instruments live? It did seem odd that they were allowed to sing, but not play, but I guess it's not all that uncommon.

I'm confused at why people would ACTUALLY be upset about posting material that a portion of the fanbase was actually unable to view legitimately...

Especially when said material won't hurt the band *in any way* and is completely different from posting commercial tracks/videos that people can actually buy.

And, if companies like NBC care that much about piracy, maybe they should make damn certain they do a good job with their broadcasts, when they have the exclusive rights.

Muse wasn't the only thing cut from that broadcast. Kate Bush, as well as some of George Micheal and Ray Davies were cut, and NBC had the audacity to then cut it short to try and gain support for an abysmal comedy pilot.

Sure, some of the The Who was played an hour later, but the rest of the show wasn't, and it was a complete dick move.

They also cut some of the music from the Opening, and the 7/7 tribute.

NBC FORCED us to want to pirate these performances, or go without seeing them due to their complete callousness towards their programming and audience. I get captialism... I really do. But the Olympics are kind of a big deal, and who the fuck would think cramming in a new show for an hour would be an appropriate move?

I wonder, if the tables were turned, if people would feel the same way.

Well it's not our fault you live in a country with a flawed broadcasting company. And IOC is having the videos removed and the rules clearly say no copyright violations :awesome:

Oh and people are taking the piss. Well spotted.

party.gif

double standards :phu:

There's no double standards whatsoever.

Townshend definitely didn't, I thought May might've though

:mad: No. And in cases like this it's okay, just like all the other pro footage that has been posted for years.

And if anyone is confused, ask Niall. :phu:

The restrictions only really apply to commercial videos and music. Warner are generally tolerant of bootlegs and things off the TV afaik. Besides when management tweet a link it's probably kosher!

Reading this thread I just remembered when I said that I had no doubt that if Matt sang some odd notes during a performance fans would be complaining about it , and some users jumped on my back saying how wrong I was because the fans didn't care about him not being perfect... well, there you go.

Well it's not our fault you live in a country with a flawed broadcasting company. And IOC is having the videos removed and the rules clearly say no copyright violations :awesome:

Oh and people are taking the piss. Well spotted.

Forgive me for not finding "pisstaking" funny in regards to this. When the situation applies to only the people you're poking fun at,and not yourselves... it's just not really something I consider funny.

And, your initial comment proves that you weren't entirely joking. And again, probably wouldn't find it so amusing if the tables were turned.

I don't blame the IOC for any of this except for the fact that they decided to get into bed with NBC in the first place. Hopefully NBC is brought to task for the fact that the ENTIRE broadcast of the Olypics was highly flawed... but doubtful. :(

Looking back Matt's voice sounded fine, although the BBC mixing didn't do the song any good. Matt is certainly awful at miming guitar.

Would've been fun if he'd played the piano part in similar style to New Born on Live & Kicking 2001. :chuckle:

I'm hoping to be able to find a download of this when I get home... all I have on me is my worthless cell phone.

I DID see the audience shot video, but there wasn't too much to see.

Forgive me for not finding "pisstaking" funny in regards to this. When the situation applies to only the people you're poking fun at,and not yourselves... it's just not really something I consider funny.

And, your initial comment proves that you weren't entirely joking. And again, probably wouldn't find it so amusing if the tables were turned.:(

:LOL:

It's a shit performance anyway. Chill.

And, your initial comment proves that you weren't entirely joking. And again, probably wouldn't find it so amusing if the tables were turned.

I don't blame the IOC for any of this except for the fact that they decided to get into bed with NBC in the first place. Hopefully NBC is brought to task for the fact that the ENTIRE broadcast of the Olypics was highly flawed... but doubtful. :(

Nope, I couldn't give a toss if people were posting the links on every single page. I'm still winding you up. And it's working pretty well. :happy:

Can't believe NBC cut all the good stuff at night. At least I got to watch the live NBC stream in the afternoon in USA. It ran the whole thing. Some was boring.. Spice Girls.. really? Muse made me smile. Even made Dom smile. How could it not, they were up to their tricks. Terrif!

Guest bellamylookalike

Yeah I think Matt exemplifying that the instruments weren't live through his performance rather than being bad at miming guitar was the root of this ;)

yes well

Looks like Niall already explained it.