I wonder if everyone with criticisms of the performance watched it on the BBC.

To be honest, I was watching the live stream and then eventually had to leave before Muse came on. Every performance seemed kinda flat on the live stream for some reason. I tried turning up the volume all the way on my computer and it didn't help at all.

To be honest, I was watching the live stream and then eventually had to leave before Muse came on. Every performance seemed kinda flat on the live stream for some reason. I tried turning up the volume all the way on my computer and it didn't help at all.

I had a problem with the treble cutting in and out. Most of the time it was really dull and flat w/ too much bass. Kind of sounded like my earplugs were half out, but they weren't. But the few times the full sound was working, it was much better.

one more time - i THINK maybe they'll show it in at 11pm mountain time in the 'additional coverage' thing on NBC... i'm gonna record it just in case

Hey thanks for that. :) I'll record too just in case.

Although if they don't show it it's not that big of a deal since it's already on youtube and musebootlegs. I'm glad it's not like Reading where we needed to wait a year and buy an iphone just to see footage.

Well the "additional coverage" on NBC started and they're currently showing The Who. Doesn't look promising. :(

Edit: Wasn't paying too much attention, but I think the commentators just said "What an end to the night, we'll be back with a final word from the athletes". Or something like that. So yeah, fuck you NBC. :LOL:

Heres a high quality download, in case it hasn't already been posted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?53cd3ve8vp81ex0

Matt's vocals aren't completely perfect but by no means bad. The performance is great considering it was their first.

I wonder now whether I was projecting my own nerves in interpreting the performance when I watched it the first time.

Oh thanks I'll check this out.

Heres a high quality download, in case it hasn't already been posted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?53cd3ve8vp81ex0

Matt's vocals aren't completely perfect but by no means bad. The performance is great considering it was their first.

I wonder now whether I was projecting my own nerves in interpreting the performance when I watched it the first time.

Thank you, can't thank you enough haha. This is what I've been waiting for all god damn day. After having to settle for a crappy bbc online feed during the live broadcast and then getting shafted by NBC over here.

Heard it. It's great thanks.

Also, if it was mimed, what was the point of going through the effort of micing the drums and amps?

Trust me the guitar was for sure mimed. Starting to think the choir was as well considering there were no mics on any of them nor in front of them. The drums could have been done live not sure.

Forget that for now.

The 3 big notes Matt all hit and well. The first was one was shaky at the beginning but the other two were dead on. Some of the vocals on the song were a bit off but first performance in a year, on a song you never played live before and on top of that it's the most viewed performance of their career. Not too shabby. His new piano is awesome.

Edit: Just heard it again. The first note was on. He just had to go pretend to play guitar.

Trust me the guitar was for sure mimed. Starting to think the choir was as well considering there were no mics on any of them nor in front of them. The drums could have been done live not sure.

Forget that for now.

The 3 big notes Matt all hit and well. The first was one was shaky at the beginning but the other two were dead on. Some of the vocals on the song were a bit off but first performance in a year, on a song you never played live before and on top of that it's the most viewed performance of their career. Not too shabby. His new piano is awesome.

Edit: Just heard it again. The first note was on. He just had to go pretend to play guitar.

That's my point. If they were mimed why put mics around them? Pretty sure most people who would know about micing instruments would be able to tell if it was playback.

Also I think the last note might have been a bit out of tune. Have to give it a better listen.

That's my point. If they were mimed why put mics around them? Pretty sure most people who would know about micing instruments would be able to tell if it was playback.

Also I think the last note might have been a bit out of tune. Have to give it a better listen.

Starting to think Bellamy really needs to stop pretending like he has epilepsy. The vocals during the second "verse" would have been tons better without his ridiculous shaking.

I still can't properly see in which moment it's obvious they're miming :$ did they record a live version and playback'd it instead of the studio one? Because guitar is a bit different from the studio version.

Did you download the one that was just posted?

If so, the entire thing is blatantly obvious. His hands are sometimes no where near the notes he should be playing.

But super specifically, go to 1:55. He starts going up the neck and then when he stops to re adjust the mic the guitar is still playing and his hands aren't doing anything. Actually they are. They are resting the strings. Which would prevent noise.

I'm sorry that you had to learn the truth Fabri. At least not this way. Considering you were so convinced they were going to go full on live.

When you say 'why put mics around them?" do you mean around Muse? Because, even though it was miming and everybody knew it, it's not that attractive when a band that is in theory supposed to play a real live show performs with no mics around. It's silly, but I guess, without the mics, most people (especially the ones who don't really give a shit about anything but the spectacle looking good and don't know the band at all) would think 'wow, that's fucked up', but with the mics they think 'ok, it's not that fucked up'. I don't know.

Archived