I don't think anyone here really cares that much about it, we're picking holes for sake of picking holes. It's not like any of this matters :LOL: if it turns out the song is consistently terrible when they take it on tour then maybe it'd be worthwhile criticism.

I can't actually see a gig of the next tour in which Survival won't pe played :erm:

I have heard Survival on the radio a few times but not once in Olympic coverage. I think the same goes for most of the US. The song doesn't have nearly the same exposure. Although the band did trend on Montreal twitter (which is very odd) so I could be wrong.

I thought we were just pointing out the miming because some people thought it was live, therefore pointing out his mistakes.

If people are actually complaining about his lack of miming skill....

I think very few people were complaining about his lack of miming skills.

Edit: By people, I mean Muse fans. Which is a funny thing to say because I sometimes wonder whether Muse fans should be considered human...

Hello everyone! I am also one of those "underserving" in NBC's eyes to be shown the entire Olympic closing ceremony. :mad: The whole reason I watched it was for the Muse performance, I guess it's kind of a relief that it wasn't that good... Anyway, I wrote NBC a complaint, not only for the closing ceremony coverage but for the shitty coverage of the entire Olympics. I was sooooooo angry, I had been peeved about their coverage of the games, but cutting the OLYMPIC CLOSING CEREMONY pushed me over the edge, and I never write up complaints! If any of you have the time you should write in too, give them a storm of hate from the Muse army! (nbcolympicsfeedback@nbcuni.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1qjBoK4GQ

First performance of MK Ultra. Not out of key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfrtXHlkV3Q

First performance of Uprising (and also first public performance of the TR tour). Not out of key.

Yeah, but that was their own gig in their hometown. This was a huge event watched by loads of people, so I imagine Matt was really nervous, especially since they were rushed on to play one song.

Ok that makes sense. Because I just watched USoE at Glastonbury and he was further from the mic in that then he was at the Olympics yet the sound was carrying better.

Yeah his own mics are designed to be able to pick up sounds from very far away so he can pretend to have spasms on stage.

Well, that they could debut Madness was just my speculation, but the band actually rehearsed a song with him :(

Oh I see. But isn't it possible that all the performers did one big dress rehearsal together and your source was mistakened and thought Muse and Michael were specifically playing a song together?

Archived