i think they should have played something else really, they didn't big them up and say "heres the official olympic song" and they barely played it on the telly anyway, people would have liked starlight better and it could have been equally if not more spectacular.

Of course, playback Starlight more spectacular than playback Survival. :LOL:

Watched in full last night without the commentary (thank goodness for the little red button). I enjoyed it all. Well fun. Ok the sound quality wasn't the best and some of the acts were so not my music taste (Jessie J, Emile etc) but hey, they had to cover all bases. Contrary to the opinion of the forum, Brand's Walrus was brilliant!! The whole group of us watching loved it including my mum who is in her 70's and hates Brand!!

Muse were good. Needed more air time but thank goodness they played. Nice suit!!! Nice piano. Nice warm up to their tour. Roll on October (oh and Battersea).

Best part for me was The Who at the end. Nice one.

i know you lot probably all hate starlight ;) but they could have done the last song instead of take that, and had fireworks and lasers and shiz

plus people probably like starlight, i'm aware most people hate survival

But what would have been the point of playing Starlight? Survival is the main single of the Olympics (or, by now, was).

And it's a better song.

But what would have been the point of playing Starlight? Survival is the main single of the Olympics (or, by now, was).

And it's a better song.

because people would have been like "oh i love this song!" as opposed to "ew its that crappy olympic song", i quite like survival personally but everyone i knew hated it, to me it just would have made more sense to play something popular

I managed to catch it this morning. Yeah, I agree, the mix was crap. :LOL: I'm quite proud of Matt actually giving his all to reach those notes. Gotta respect him for that, especially the last one. All too awesome.

And in all honesty I think Matt purposely "slipped up" on the guitar and all that. :chuckle: Choir was crazy though.

But yeah more focus should have been given to the official song of the Olympics...and whoever planned the whole closing ceremony needs to do some proper review, given how messy it all was.

Just cannot wait for the tour now! Have watched the download several times and my addiction is escalating. I wonder if we will get any more performances before October. It feels like a long time to wait right now.

Oh and I think Muse were treated shabbily throughout tbh considering it was meant to be the official song. I think it would have been incredibly easy for the casuals to miss that point, miss what the song was about, everything. Muse weren't given the attention they should have been given imo.

As for missing the official song off the NBC coverage. What the hell? I don't think Muse gained anything at all really out of being the official song. :stunned:

Showing my age a bit here but I still remember my toddler singing Barcelona. Well it was more like "Lona!" That is the sort of coverage I thought it would have. I thought it would have been imprinted on the brains of everyone who had access to a tv set, whatever their age, interest or knowledge of Muse.

In comparison well, the song was given so little attention really its mind boggling.

/rant

Guest bellamylookalike
because people would have been like "oh i love this song!" as opposed to "ew its that crappy olympic song", i quite like survival personally but everyone i knew hated it, to me it just would have made more sense to play something popular

Yeah and I'd like them to have played Hyper Music, that's pretty popular too to some people, but it's rather irrelvant. ;)

I really thought they smashed this performance, reaching a good old muse/new muse mix. Timing of the song could have been better perhaps, but then I thought the whole ceremony was a bit strangely done :/ .

The Who were brilliant too.

i know you lot probably all hate starlight ;) but they could have done the last song instead of take that, and had fireworks and lasers and shiz

plus people probably like starlight, i'm aware most people hate survival

I would have preferred Take a Bow with Matt in his LED suit :LOL:

nice performance it was:) the choir really was a monster, I also loved Matt's vocals (i was pretty surprised when he actually pulled out the two falsettos and 'the scream'). and i was particularly pleased with Chris playing (alright, "playing") his blue-led bass:D

the only thing I missed very much was Prelude:( they had a whole orchestra there, would've it really been so hard to play it?:noey:

Archived