When you say 'why put mics around them?" do you mean around Muse? Because, even though it was miming and everybody knew it, it's not that attractive when a band that is in theory supposed to play a real live show performs with no mics around. It's silly, but I guess, without the mics, most people (especially the ones who don't really give a shit about anything but the spectacle looking good and don't know the band at all) would think 'wow, that's fucked up', but with the mics they think 'ok, it's not that fucked up'. I don't know.

He means the mics on the drums and on the amp(s). I wholeheartedly agree with your display picture by the way.

Did you download the one that was just posted?

If so, the entire thing is blatantly obvious. His hands are sometimes no where near the notes he should be playing.

But super specifically, go to 1:55. He starts going up the neck and then when he stops to re adjust the mic the guitar is still playing and his hands aren't doing anything. Actually they are. They are resting the strings. Which would prevent noise.

I'm sorry that you had to learn the truth Fabri. At least not this way. Considering you were so convinced they were going to go full on live.

I think he means if they recorded a "live" version and then played it back, which is probably true. The guitar parts sound pretty different from the original. At least in some parts.

When you say 'why put mics around them?" do you mean around Muse? Because, even though it was miming and everybody knew it, it's not that attractive when a band that is in theory supposed to play a real live show performs with no mics around. It's silly, but I guess, without the mics, most people (especially the ones who don't really give a shit about anything but the spectacle looking good and don't know the band at all) would think 'wow, that's fucked up', but with the mics they think 'ok, it's not that fucked up'. I don't know.

It was cleared up, but yeah I meant more the drums and amp. I'm going to bet most who are just in it for the spectacle wouldn't have noticed a difference if there was an effort to properly mic a kit or not.

Guess who wasn't shown on NBC? :mad:

1250105284478.png

Hey fellow Americans... NBC is showing a LONGER broadcast of the closing ceremony later... Probably on NOW for east coasters. I am thinking Muse might be on that. I'll be recording for sure.

Have stuff to do so I probably won't be able to watch that.

Hey fellow Americans... NBC is showing a LONGER broadcast of the closing ceremony later... Probably on NOW for east coasters. I am thinking Muse might be on that. I'll be recording for sure.

That's what I'm hoping. That's why I set up both broadcasts to be recorded.

Muse got screwed over. They should've been shown in primetime.

Did you download the one that was just posted?

If so, the entire thing is blatantly obvious. His hands are sometimes no where near the notes he should be playing.

But super specifically, go to 1:55. He starts going up the neck and then when he stops to re adjust the mic the guitar is still playing and his hands aren't doing anything. Actually they are. They are resting the strings. Which would prevent noise.

I'm sorry that you had to learn the truth Fabri. At least not this way. Considering you were so convinced they were going to go full on live.

Don't worry, I already accepted the truth, I just wanted to see for myself. The recording they used was more close to a live one, though, wasn't it?

Btw, Matt's singing was very good considering it was their first performance in a year and the first performance of a new song, and considering that the song is challenging. This will be a beast live :yesey:

Eh, watching it again I see a lot more the weak points in the vocals, even if it was a year off. But I'm sure that had a lot to with nerves and the like.

Still not sold on the song live, since it's the instrumentation that will count more and none of that was actually live.

Also, on an unrelated note my computer is running at 75% CPU. The fuck...

Haven't watched it since the ceremony, but Matt didn't have his usual Neumann mic did he? And in addition, no equipment for vocal filtering and effects. But what's that about people saying their in-ear monitors didn't work? Is that just because Matt was off-key and they need an excuse?

Trust me the guitar was for sure mimed. Starting to think the choir was as well considering there were no mics on any of them nor in front of them. The drums could have been done live not sure.

I am sure the choir was. It sounded exactly like the studio version. All of the song did, except for the vocals.

The 3 big notes Matt all hit and well.

No, the end note was not on, and slightly painful to hear.

Okay, after watching the pro-shot multiple times, his vocals were good except from the YESSA'M GONNA WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN at 2:37. The last falsetto is way better

It will still be insane live, though.

That was my first impression aswell. The first Bb4 was good, though it felt like it was maybe a tiny bit off, the first falsetto was quite shaky at start but he saved it pretty well and the last one was more or less spot on.

Archived